God Loves Uganda (anti-gay documentary)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Anyone see this? It documents the efforts of American right-wing evangelical missionaries to promote homophobic doctrine and ideologies in Uganda. It's definitely chilling to see "wholesome" American suburbanites converting destitute people overseas, and in a region where people often take the law into their own hands, these people are pretty much inspiring their followers to kill members of the LGBT community. It's insidious evil of the highest order.

There's a similar documentary titled Call Me Kuchu on Netflix which is also quite good.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
That preacher is featured in this documentary and he pretty much gives the same speech while showing pictures of two dudes fisting each other and engaging in BDSM. There may have been some coprophagia involved but the pictures were black-and-white and grainy so it was hard to tell.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know they were able to get some pretty serious penalties pushed through for being gay. Like life in prison.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I know they were able to get some pretty serious penalties pushed through for being gay. Like life in prison.
Which... I dunno, it is awful but Africa is generally a shithole, so many problems there this seems minor. What is really upsetting about it is Americans, even some politicians, going over there and encouraging it.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Its also not just in Uganda. They have been working this in other areas with some success as well.

spronk

FPS noob
if history is any guide in 20 years a bunch of angry gay africans will declare jihad on white christians and hunt them down, that'll be pretty cool to watch on tv

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone see this? It documents the efforts of American right-wing evangelical missionaries to promote homophobic doctrine and ideologies in Uganda. It's definitely chilling to see "wholesome" American suburbanites converting destitute people overseas, and in a region where people often take the law into their own hands, these people are pretty much inspiring their followers to kill members of the LGBT community. It's insidious evil of the highest order.

There's a similar documentary titled Call Me Kuchu on Netflix which is also quite good.
Watch God Camp on netflix, basically the same type of documentary. Super fucked up.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
if history is any guide in 20 years a bunch of angry gay africans will declare jihad on white christians and hunt them down, that'll be pretty cool to watch on tv
There won't be enough angry gay Africans to pull that off. The smallest minority groups have virtually zero chance against institutionalized discrimination on their own, especially when that discrimination involves imprisonment and execution backed by monied, religious fervor. We're talking about virtually the only corner of the world where the Catholic Church's official party line of "no form of birth control in no situation, ever" still holds sway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There won't be enough angry gay Africans to pull that off. The smallest minority groups have virtually zero chance against institutionalized discrimination on their own, especially when that discrimination involves imprisonment and execution backed by monied, religious fervor. We're talking about virtually the only corner of the world where the Catholic Church's official party line of "no form of birth control in no situation, ever" still holds sway.
to be fair the church also pushes abstinence until married which is 100% foolproof if practiced. it all depends on if people can keep it in their pants/togas/tunics/whatever.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I guess birth control doesn't really matter when you just murder all the undesirables. Go go organized religion!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
And here I thought a lot of the AIDS issues in Africa were from the rampant rape and horrible conditions in general. Nope, guess it's the gays, thanks for opening my eyes here.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
to be fair the church also pushes abstinence until married which is 100% foolproof if practiced. it all depends on if people can keep it in their pants/togas/tunics/whatever.
It's more than just a matter of trying to discourage premarital sex by making sure as many of the negative outcomes remain in force as possible, since birth control is held to be wrong even when used within the context of marriage. They're advancing a belief system which means that women produce children on a regular basis from the time they reach fertility and marry until they either die or (if they live long enough) or reach menopause, regardless of how ill-equipped these countries are for handling that level of reproduction. The countries in turn remain constantly in need of the Church's missionary assistance, and therefore beholden to giving the Church's teaching traction in order to continue receiving that assistance.

The men aren't left out either, since "spilling your seed into the dust" (masturbation) is just as much a "sin" as using birth control is.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
goddamned Africa jerking off into the dust, that's why you can't have nice things Africa, you and your jizz filled dust.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I support anything that stops people from eating Da Poo Poo. I mean you want to pee in butts go for it, but I draw the line at poo poo feasts.