God Loves Uganda (anti-gay documentary)

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I am thrilled to see we have solved all the worlds ailments and problems so we can now focus on eating the poo poo.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's more than just a matter of trying to discourage premarital sex by making sure as many of the negative outcomes remain in force as possible, since birth control is held to be wrong even when used within the context of marriage. They're advancing a belief system which means that women produce children on a regular basis from the time they reach fertility and marry until they either die or (if they live long enough) or reach menopause, regardless of how ill-equipped these countries are for handling that level of reproduction. The countries in turn remain constantly in need of the Church's missionary assistance, and therefore beholden to giving the Church's teaching traction in order to continue receiving that assistance.

The men aren't left out either, since "spilling your seed into the dust" (masturbation) is just as much a "sin" as using birth control is.
let me preface by saying, that i am not religious as i dont believe in god or the devil or whatever deity written in a 2000+ year old fanfiction book talks about. however i was raised religious so i have an insight on what the church does and does not condone. the church is not telling anyone, even africans to go around and assrape anyone male or female. the church wants virgin men to meet virgin women, get married, stay faithful to each other, have kids and of course worship the christian god all while working for a living. this is a basic plan that people have followed for over 2000 years and i gotta admit, while being kinda boring, you cant really fuck shit up too bad if you follow that plan. you cant blame the church for Uganda doing it wrong.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
only astr0 would minimize organized religious groups spending money and sending influential people into poor uneducated areas to propagate an ideology of hatred and violence as "the facts of life".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i did not minimize anything. i dont give a fuck what goes on in Uganda, could care less. im just saying that the religious nuts there are making their own rules if they deviate from the plan i posted above.

spronk

FPS noob
the church plan worked as long as women stayed at home, people died in their 40s, and most people were farmers (need lots of help in the fields). now with women working, people living 2 or 3x longer it doesn't make sense to always ban contraception. women gets pregnant, career over for a while. have 2 kids, sorry can't use condoms to prevent having any more. church is stuck in the 10th century still in many areas.

but yeah there are also some fucked up things going on in africa, like men working for months or years at a time thousands of miles from home, so they bang hookers like crazy and everyone gets AIDS. Or killing people for being gay. Damn son, haven't you figured out yet that gay dudes mean more bitches for your straight men. plus who else is gonna decorate shit, design dresses, and do hair.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i did not minimize anything. i dont give a fuck what goes on in Uganda, could care less. im just saying that the religious nuts there are making their own rules if they deviate from the plan i posted above.
The church has executed anyone it didn't like through out history. It is only in modern times that it is slightly more forgiving.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The church has executed anyone it didn't like through out history. It is only in modern times that it is slightly more forgiving.
To be fair it was much more civilized compared to Roman times except maybe the inquisition and medieval torture devices....wait....its more brutal....