God of War (2018)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking great game!

So finished the main story up this morning. Decided to start back at home to clean up everything I didn't do yet. Slept and saw the cut scene with Thor, figure that means God of War 5!!! Hyped already

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can you parry the unblockable attacks? If so what is the timing on it, when the circle is active or when it pulses?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Don't think you can parry red attacks. You can parry yellows though.

Anyone have clear understanding of exactly what character level does other than a numerical estimate of how good your gear is? Best I've found is that attacks from enemies too far above your level will always be red, or that you do less damage/take more than if you were on par with them. That's a solid incentive to prioritize gear for power level instead of useful effects if true. The article didn't cite anything though, or provide numerical values for the damage decrease/increase of the level differential.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can parry the yellow ones, not the red. Timing is the same as other attacks; when the hit is just about to land.

Worth noting that there's a passive effect on talisman that increases the parry window to the point where it's practically impossible to fail unless you're just holding down block.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Anyone have clear understanding of exactly what character level does other than a numerical estimate of how good your gear is? Best I've found is that attacks from enemies too far above your level will always be red, or that you do less damage/take more than if you were on par with them. That's a solid incentive to prioritize gear for power level instead of useful effects if true. The article didn't cite anything though, or provide numerical values for the damage decrease/increase of the level differential.

Been wondering this myself.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You can parry the yellow ones, not the red. Timing is the same as other attacks; when the hit is just about to land.

Worth noting that there's a passive effect on talisman that increases the parry window to the point where it's practically impossible to fail unless you're just holding down block.

I actually use that talisman, it's invaluable when facing a shitload of enemies that swarm you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can only parry yellow. Don't know if higher gear level will change some attacks from red to yellow.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got to the first Valkyrie and had to take a Bloodborne Boss Break (BBB). Marty and Moldy pissed me off a lot at the second highest difficulty. Their patterns were really really fucking bizarre.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got to the first Valkyrie and had to take a Bloodborne Boss Break (BBB). Marty and Moldy pissed me off a lot at the second highest difficulty. Their patterns were really really fucking bizarre.

I treated the opening part to the Valkyries like a burn phase. Opened with a free running axe R2, spam arrows, hit my 2 Axe runics, hit my stun tailsman, switch to chains and hit their 2 runics, respam arrows, spawn wolf that resets arrows respam arrows one more time and than start the fight as normal. If I connected them all it took a huge chunk of their health away and made the fight a lot more manageable.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you are having too much trouble with one, maybe try another one and come back later. They all have varying attacks and patterns, some much easier than others. Though if you are talking about the very first one you can access in the frost giant area, that's one of the easier ones :p

Bit of a parry fest, just one or two attacks that are red.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This game has a lot going for it, and all that has been mentioned already.

However, I’m finding it to have some serious story pacing issues mid game. To the point where, compared to early game, I’m finding myself straight up bored. Also, aside from the first one, the boss fights have been extremely underwhelming. The kid has gotten so powerful that the combat has lost all sense of difficulty too.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This game has a lot going for it, and all that has been mentioned already.

However, I’m finding it to have some serious story pacing issues mid game. To the point where, compared to early game, I’m finding myself straight up bored. Also, aside from the first one, the boss fights have been extremely underwhelming. The kid has gotten so powerful that the combat has lost all sense of difficulty too.
What difficulty are you playing on?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For the life of me I can't figure out what the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages talisman does, but I haven't beaten the game and am scared to google for fear of spoilers.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For the life of me I can't figure out what the Shattered Gauntlet of Ages talisman does, but I haven't beaten the game and am scared to google for fear of spoilers.

Spoiled for you but just gives you the rundown of what it does..

Heavy knock back, heavy damage, heavy interrupt it can flinch bosses who scoff at just about everything else, and it has 3 slots for Enhancements when fully upgraded

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have been getting pretty aggravated at the some of the game's Dark Souls Lite attempts. The combat isn't nearly as responsive as it needs to be for it. I love challenges but come on.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was initially puzzled at the statement that there would be no DLC given the existence of the map room (even though is specifically says soandso will never be open). Then I realized they were likely gonna do the old fashioned 'sequel' rather than a DLC expansion and would be able to re-use the asset.