God of War: Ragnarok

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've read a lot of collector editions have been showing up with no stealbook nor the digital code to download it, perhaps something to do with that.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Playing this. Went from 11 to gay. Why? Are there cheat codes to skip the gay?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
About 8 hours in but not very far into the story, just freed Tyr basically. I’m very thorough exploring and reading everything.

Plays pretty much like the previous one which is a good thing really, as mentioned if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

The story is pretty slow, I remember being more invested in the previous one at this point.

I‘m old so playing on balanced which seems to be pretty good spot for me so far, right at that place where it’s not too easy as to be boring but not too hard as to be frustrating.

Game is gorgeous, and the transition between cutscene and gameplay is best ever, its so seemless.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Almost done now. First 15 hours or so are a 7/10…. Horribly paced, awkward dialogue and too much jumping around. End game definitely gets much better and flows a lot more like the original. I’d say 2018 is a much better game imo, better story tighter flow better dialogue and more impactful.
There are a ton of mini bosses here but few big set piece/epic “god” type fights like I was hoping there’d be.

Good not great. Elden Ring really fucked my ability to enjoy games or maybe I’m getting old. 8/10

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How gay/woke is this one? Loved 2018, and holding off because my backlog is ginormous.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How gay/woke is this one? Loved 2018, and holding off because my backlog is ginormous.
One glaring diversity hire, and I think one gender change. Adds a bit of tarnish to an otherwise good game, should be enough to get the game journos to orgasm for the devs being brave and strong.

I also think that 2018 was a better game overall, but a lot of that could be due the drastic change in gameplay. Yet, I like what this game has done in regards to the number of characters, which really opens the last half of the game.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm done with the first realm and freeing the guy and now into the second realm. However I did miss a chest or two for HP/Rage power ups. How long until you can go back and revisit the realms you've been to?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Not for me. I don't want to play as a dumb kid for a lot of the game. I don't want to watch a slightly interactive movie with some combat in between. Uninspired loop design of interconnected small battle arenas. Is this really what people want these days? Might as well play GoW 1-3 remastered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just blew all the dust off my OG PS4 and updated it for this. Probably the last game I'll play on it (although I said that as well for Horizon 2). Playing 1st again NG+ on my PC.
Cannot see jumping through all the hoops needed to get a PS5 when it will eventually come out on PC and I'll have forgotten the story by then for my replay.
PS5s are easily available now, btw, including the GoW bundle.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not for me. I don't want to play as a dumb kid for a lot of the game.
How much of the game do you have to play as him? They don't pull a MGS2 here do they?

Anyway, enjoying this a lot on max GMGOW. Beefing up that Nidavellir armor makes you pretty survivable. Haven't got very far though, in the mines area looking Tyr still after doing all the optional stuff I could in the Bay of Bounty. Wish I could get more than an hour or so a day in.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
One thing I do not like. You see things that you don’t have the abilities to complete and loot. Why? Why do this.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
PS5s are easily available now, btw, including the GoW bundle.
Where? Everywhere I looked it was by invitation. I signed up for Amazon's invite list a while ago. Trying to get a digital one for Christmas. Biggest issue is I only want to pay retail. All my Playstations collect dust if the game is also out for PC. Only one that really got used was the PS3 and that was because of singstar for my wife.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Where? Everywhere I looked it was by invitation. I signed up for Amazon's invite list a while ago. Trying to get a digital one for Christmas. Biggest issue is I only want to pay retail. All my Playstations collect dust if the game is also out for PC. Only one that really got used was the PS3 and that was because of singstar for my wife.
PS Direct has it right now, for me. Buy PS5™ Console – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle | PlayStation®

I was able to add it to my cart just fine. Though I guess it's not the digital one.

Edit: digital only: Buy PS5™ Digital Edition – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle | PlayStation®

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
PS Direct has it right now, for me. Buy PS5™ Console – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle | PlayStation®

I was able to add it to my cart just fine. Though I guess it's not the digital one.

Edit: digital only: Buy PS5™ Digital Edition – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle | PlayStation®
Thanks! I have the digital GOW bundle on the way to my house right now. Internet fistbump.

Didn't even think about looking on Sony's website.

LOL Now I don't know if I want to keep playing the PS4 version since I have to start over again. Guess the practice cannot hurt.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm a few hours in and while the game looks awesome(as did the first), this really feels more like an expansion/ DLC of the first game. Good game, but the talk about GOTY is laughable to me, when Elden Ring exists.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
the talk about GOTY is laughable to me
70j3nn.jpg

• 1Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Thanks! I have the digital GOW bundle on the way to my house right now. Internet fistbump.

Didn't even think about looking on Sony's website.

LOL Now I don't know if I want to keep playing the PS4 version since I have to start over again. Guess the practice cannot hurt.
And it looks like I can transfer my savegames as well. Cool

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Elden Ring is game of a legendary awesome status. I don’t think anything will ever beat it for me

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users