Godzilla (2014)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Movie wasn't much good to begin with, is it going to be serious? At this point the only draw to that franchise is the nostalgic reaction to seeing silly outdated special effects. Godzilla is a reptile, are they going to try to make him into a relate able figure like Peter Jackson's Kong or what? I wouldn't buy it either way, it'd have to be a comedy with Godzilla as the back splash otherwise who gives a flying fuck? I guess they can aim their targeted demographic toward kids.

oh I know clover field...er Jurassic Park 2 when the T-rex gets to Cali!

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the main problem with the drawings posted earlier is that Godzilla doesn't look upright enough. He looks too animalistic when he's hunched over, when we all know he has some sort of subtle intelligence.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I think the main problem with the drawings posted earlier is that Godzilla doesn't look upright enough. He looks too animalistic when he's hunched over, when we all know he has some sort of subtle intelligence.
Well everytime an American gets something like this, they turn it into something retarded. I mean, they fucking know about the first American godzilla film obviously. Same shit with Transformers.

WHY do they have to redesign? Just update.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
worse than the previous movie,i think it's impossible buuuuuuuuuut Hollywood can always surprise us

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i actually paid to see the the american Godzilla and the whole film i was amazed by 2 things. how the fuck could they fuck up Godzilla and why were there so many voice actors from The Simpsons in it?

Goatface

lBoG8OA.jpg

Szlia

Nice visual work, but at a symbolic level it is flawed: destruction does not create Godzilla, it's the other way around!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I hope that most of this movie is centred around the pacific ocean and humanity builds giant robots to fight him.

Szlia

That a little too far fetched for my taste! But maybe they'll rewrite the origin story and have Godzilla be awaken by an earthquake or something (but then... what is the story about?).

Bah... maybe it's too be understood at a more abstract level: not as a Godzilla made out of destructed buildings, but an equivalence, a superposition. Godzilla = destruction = Godzilla.

ANYWAY IT LOOKS GOOD!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Original Godzilla included some serious social commentary I believe, due to him being awoken by atomic testing in the Pacific... the Japanese of the 50's were somehow touchy about atomic stuff for some reason.

I could be mis-remembering entirely though.

I do seem to recall the original Godzilla (Gojira!) being a pretty serious movie though, maybe the second as well, before it devolved into its own genre of fun and wackiness and he somehow became Japan and Earth's defender from call kinds of craziness.