Godzilla (2014)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bold Prediction: Supertouch will continue to give reach arounds this summer.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Define summer, cause if summer includes now Transcendence already won and Hercules is scheduled for #2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think this counts as a summer release as its going to premiere 2 weeks before memorial day weekend.

Goatface

according to most sites, the summer season starts May 2. Money wise, Transformers, Godzilla and even Hercules are predicted to do well, most think Edge of Tomorrow or Jupiter Ascending will be the summer's biggest bomb

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I didn't mean that Godzilla won't be financially successful. I just think it will suck. Maybe I'm sick of monster disaster movies and pg-13 ones at that.

Goatface

for Godzilla, i don't need tits, "human gore" or someone yelling fuck every 2 mins, so don't know what R would have to offer.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I actually agree with supertouch on this one. Not a whole lot of movies that couldn't be improved by a R rating.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
R for the sake of R is stupid. A good movie doesn't need to be R. If it makes sense to be R then it should be but otherwise what's the point?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
R rating fo sho

rrr_img_65576.jpg

Juvarisx

Florida
according to most sites, the summer season starts May 2. Money wise, Transformers, Godzilla and even Hercules are predicted to do well, most think Edge of Tomorrow or Jupiter Ascending will be the summer's biggest bomb
Tom Cruise is too big of a draw for Edge to bomb, as for Jupiter, no idea.

Goatface

Edge of Tomorrow is predicted to do the same or worst than Oblivion ($120m budget, $90m Domestic) by some so i guess bomb might be too strong, but could see it earning less as it is going to drop like a rock in its second week being followed by 22 jump street and how to train your dragon2.

Juvarisx

Florida
I am not sure How to Train your Dragon would have much of an impact on EoT, 22 Jump Street maybe. Oblivion did very well internationally at any rate.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tatum is 22 Jump Street's draw, so if Jupiter has both the female crowd for Tatum plus whoever wants to fuck Mila Kunis it should do better.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Most movies are improved by an R rating. Unless it's a family film, there's no excuse for a pg-13 rating.
I'm against the 'watering down' of movies as much as anyone. But it comes down to the 2 most important words in Hollywood

Box Office

For a general audience film, if it's a film you can take kids too, then parents are likely to see it as they don't have to arrange babysitter, plus when they take the kids thats more ticket sales on top of that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think i posted earlier i would not mind an R rating, but if it doesnt have one its no deal breaker either. its godzilla, all his violence is cartoonish and toho doesnt want their flagship character to not be associated with kids.