Godzilla (2014)

Sterling

El Presidente
Antarctic Krill? Northern Krill? Some other variety of Krill? The specific type matters a great deal in this situation.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Choosy Monsters Choose King Krill for all thier calcium and vitamin D needs

original_CW.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This is the first movie in a number of years that I'm really keen for. And it's actually been a slow build from mild interest up to my current giddy self.

Which also means I will keep out of this thread until after I've seen the film as I want to go in with a blank slate.A blank stare also but that's just me.

See you guys then.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was referring to the toho movies, i dont even consider the roland emerich version a godzilla film. They even had a scene on an island during ww2 where they made a spielberg joke.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Uhh even the shitty 1998 godzilla movie had the abomb/radiation backstory.
Yeah, most big monster movies do that. Not sure how you can write something that big into our world without something external forcing its size (or being dimensional, like Pacific Rift).

Nice to see that this movie is taking things differently though where the nukes didn't create it, but rather were used to try to destroy it. Interested to hear what the origin story is now. Mariana Trench? Only place deep enough for it to remain undetected isn't it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
godzilla is about 500 feet tall now? the ocean is HUGE. he could hang out in a lot of areas and no be noticed. especially since he doesnt stand up underwater.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
ALso there this is a world filled with tales of sea monsters.

And I think they say something about waking him up. I dont need the Nukes to have made him if the story jives. I prefer that to "Space Alien"

spronk

FPS noob
saw this at a free advance screening tonight, full imax 3d so good screen and audio. No spoilers, but I wasn't that impressed. The monsters were awesome but unfortunately they have about 10 minutes of screen time, almost all at the end. Most of the movie is pointless human shit, done by shitty actors. Would rate this at 6/10, with Pacific Rim going at 7/10. All the things that were cool in PacRim are here, all the things that sucked in PacRim are unfortunately here too.

Would not recommend it as a theater movie, nothing so spectacular that its worth the ass raping theaters give now. Will be an ok home theater flick.

There really isn't any Origins story or interesting mythology here unfortunately, felt like it got heavily dumbed down to play for International audiences.