Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Skull Island was good. I think some of the scenes around Brie Larson were lame, but everything else was decent. Not a fan of John Reilly, but he was acceptable in that movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
2nd one was great if you cut out all the humans in the flying command center shit.
Much like all the Japanese Godzilla movies, when you get down to it (well, the human part, at least; most of the movies didn't have an airship). That's how you know it's a proper Godzilla movie.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Love it, can't wait...but:

I still dont get how they are able to have this series Kong take on Godzilla. Kong should by all accounts be crushed. This 'Zilla is ridiculously powerful even compared to the Toho version. I dont see them making Kong eat electricity/get struck by lightning like they did in 1962 version, which was the only way Kong could even survive. I've heard there might be a reason for them to team up, and one gets killed by "something else"? Gigan? Destoroyah? MechaGidorah?? (hoping) If Godzilla dies that would make Kong, "King Kong" like he has been for years in the US.

I just hope they DONT HAVE HUMAN DRAMMA THIS TIME!!! Or better yet, have the actors from King of the Monsters get stepped on in the first five minutes of this movie. I'd pay just to see that

I think Kong will be carrying around an axe made from one of Godzilla's dorsal scales. Maybe it can deflect atomic breath or something

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^

_103330503_musk3.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude, the human parts of King of Monsters were so f'n cheesy good. "Shut up, Rick!" I also dug Watanabe's sacrifice to heal him.

I've liked all three movies a lot; then again, I was literally raised on Toho films, so bias is strong.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I also dug Watanabe's sacrifice to heal him.
Because you can't send some random schlub to set off the nuke, or even do it remotely. You have to sacrifice the foremost Godzilla expert on the entire planet.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course not; who cares if a redshirt dies? Kirk eating it has more oomph.
Like I said, cheesy good.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Don't forget this chick. Ghidorah just straight-up eats her ass at the ice base without even a proper goodbye.

zilla1.png

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have a memory of being maybe 7 or 8 years old, and watching old black and white godzilla films for an entire day. This shit is never serious. It's all about the wild, crazy stupid set pieces of monster vs monster. Some stupid human getting eaten or dying in some stupid way, who cares? Godzilla manhandling Ghodirah and fucking shit up... LET THEM FIGHT.

Any semblance of being serious, get right the fuck out!

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Skull Island was good. I think some of the scenes around Brie Larson were lame, but everything else was decent. Not a fan of John Reilly, but he was acceptable in that movie.
I thought it was alright, but Sam Jackson being portrayed as a hard charging company commander(basically someone late 20s to early 30s) when hes about to hit 70 was very eye rolling. I just cant take that guy seriously in any action movie nowadays knowing his age.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I thought it was alright, but Sam Jackson being portrayed as a hard charging company commander(basically someone late 20s to early 30s) when hes about to hit 70 was very eye rolling. I just cant take that guy seriously in any action movie nowadays knowing his age.
It’s like that recent naval film with Tom Hanks at 65 as a O-4 with his first command.....like.....not real

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

Looks like nonsensical plot and Godzilla and Kong fucking shit up. I'm in!

• 6Like
  • 4Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Aside from ruining the trailer with some limp bizkit sounding horseshit, looks cool. Now wasn't Godzilla the good guy in the last movie?

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So are we getting mecha Godzilla or mecha ghidorah? Something is driving Godzilla crazy. Plus? Zilla looks different. He looks more rough?