Gold Rush

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the bright side...the White Water Dakota boys crew finally actually found some gold. Just feel like they won't even hit the 50 ounces or whatever it is they owe Todd unless they really do find a mother lode stash at the bottom of the pool they're dredging.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this is the first episode that made it look like it may not be a complete failure, but it's hard to imagine them doing much better than breaking even. That rock grabber gizmo is pretty cool though.

Merrith

Yeah, this is the first episode that made it look like it may not be a complete failure, but it's hard to imagine them doing much better than breaking even. That rock grabber gizmo is pretty cool though.

Should have gotten one of those earlier in the season, b/c they have a lot of big rocks down there.

Merrith

Don't know if anyone watched the Parker's Trail stuff, but Rick told Parker he was going out on his own to mine next year. Parker took it pretty well, said he understood and all that.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I thought maybe Rick would be the new mine boss. He will do well. It's terrible news for Parker though, he's going to have a hard time finding somebody that's willing to work as hard as Rick and also put up with his childish outbursts.

Merrith

I thought maybe Rick would be the new mine boss. He will do well. It's terrible news for Parker though, he's going to have a hard time finding somebody that's willing to work as hard as Rick and also put up with his childish outbursts.

Parker was at least pretty up front when Rick told him thanking him for putting up with how he can be as long as he did. Just hope Rick actually does well on his own.

Merrith

Is it over this time? I know I've asked several different months lol. How did they do?

The main show and the White Water show with the Dakotas are over. They're doing another "Parker's Trail" thing where Parker and Rick go down to Guyana where Todd failed to mine in the jungle so bad b/c they want to check it out and try to mine a little bit down there.

Parker smashed his original 5k ounce goal, actually upped it to 6k ounce goal. Think they finished with 6,200 ounces and change, something around that. Pretty amazing season. Rick told Parker he was leaving him next season to mine on his own, but they're still cool.

Tony killed his 3k goal as well with something like 3500 or 3600 ounces total, but wasn't able to move the 2nd dredge down to mine yet.

Todd failed miserably, think he had something like 1650 ounces total, but had to give Parker 100 of that for losing the bet. They barely turned a profit, so I guess that was something, but obviously didn't come close to the 5k goal he set. Also said he wasn't going to be back next season, all signs points to Rick being the new mine boss they follow for the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
The main show and the White Water show with the Dakotas are over. They're doing another "Parker's Trail" thing where Parker and Rick go down to Guyana where Todd failed to mine in the jungle so bad b/c they want to check it out and try to mine a little bit down there.

Parker smashed his original 5k ounce goal, actually upped it to 6k ounce goal. Think they finished with 6,200 ounces and change, something around that. Pretty amazing season. Rick told Parker he was leaving him next season to mine on his own, but they're still cool.

Tony killed his 3k goal as well with something like 3500 or 3600 ounces total, but wasn't able to move the 2nd dredge down to mine yet.

Todd failed miserably, think he had something like 1650 ounces total, but had to give Parker 100 of that for losing the bet. They barely turned a profit, so I guess that was something, but obviously didn't come close to the 5k goal he set. Also said he wasn't going to be back next season, all signs points to Rick being the new mine boss they follow for the show.
Thanks. Hard to feel sorry for Todd for me for multiple reasons. I'll start with the $500k a year Discovery paid him yearly for the show. I think he owns part of Gold Rush so even if he isn't mining and not on, he going to get paid still next year. He also owns a airport and multiple other ventures. He makes a million+ a year outside of Gold Rush with nothing more than some phone calls. I feel more sorry for his employees who are the ones that really suffer due to his choices.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I haven't watched this show in fucking forever, but just realized it's on HBO. I fired up....season 11 I think, which I guess has the start of COVID in it.

Anyways. There's some plucky ex-military dbag on here now, mining in oregon or something. Is he a permanent fixture from this point on or do they dump him after this season or something?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Anyways. There's some plucky ex-military dbag on here now, mining in oregon or something. Is he a permanent fixture from this point on or do they dump him after this season or something?
He's kind of playing the Todd Hoffman failure role. He's not as annoying as Todd but he's kind of lame. He's on until the most recent season at least and so far he's just losing money and making goals that he comes nowhere near achieving.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I haven't watched this show in fucking forever, but just realized it's on HBO. I fired up....season 11 I think, which I guess has the start of COVID in it.

I used to watch this pretty regularly, but I haven't really watched much since the Hoffman's failed off the show.

• 1Like