Gold Rush

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Gold Rush

Genre: Documentary, Reality

First aired: 2011-06-19

Cast: Parker Schnabel, Todd Hoffman, Jack Hoffman, Jim Thurber, Chris Doumitt, Paul Christie

Overview: Follow the lives of ambitious miners as they head north in pursuit of gold. With new miners, new claims, new machines and new ways to pull gold out of the ground, the stakes are higher than ever. But will big risks lead to an even bigger pay out?

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 93194[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Gold Rush[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Reality[/GENRE], [GENRE]Documentary[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2010-12-03[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Gold Rush follows three teams of miners who risk everything in the face of an economic meltdown - their families, their dignity, and in some cases, their lives - to strike it rich mining for gold in the wilds of Alaska and the Yukon Territory.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Repeat from Morenetz.

Todd Hoffman and father are retarded people that no one should invest in for mining.

The Indian River crew is an awesome group of guys that I would like to see succeed.

Dakota Fred tends to be an a-hole but his son is cool for the most part.

And Parker seems like a brat this season but his Grandpa is kickass so I hope he does good for his Grandpas sake.

But really the Hoffmans are fucking retarded, I cant stress this enough.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They managed to pull a shitload of gold out tonight though. Todd and his OMGWTFSUPAHTRAMMEL!!! seems to be working so far.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I just want to know how much each crew gets paid by teh Discovery Channel. The notion that these guys have gone home broke after each of the first two seasons is ridiculous. Hoffman's crew is sporting a couple million dollars worth of new equipment this year, I just don't buy that their whole operation is being floated by some investor from TX. The numbers just don't add up, a thousand ounces at the current price of $1700 per is only $1.7 million. There's no way $1.7 million covers all the new excavators, dozers, TWO new washplants, and fuel to run both sites, and have anything left over to give everyone a good payday.

The difference in the two crews? Dave Turin has a degree in Civil Engineering and Todd Hoffman has a degree in Religious Studies...

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the investment was a multi year idea. They may break even or lose a little but next year they won't have to buy the wash plants or excavators.

I laughed though when Dave's team got 93 ounces and then retard miner Todd jumps in with his "I'm going to get us to 100 ounces". Like gee you would do that for us, get a whopping 7 ounces! Must be some kind of wizard.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Whatever happened with the Hoffmans going down to South America? How did that turn out? I only saw like three episodes and thought it was pretty good but have never been able to catch the others.

Goatface

read somewhere that hoffman crew got just under $50k per show to split and another place said the crews get a bonus per ounce.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Whatever happened with the Hoffmans going down to South America? How did that turn out? I only saw like three episodes and thought it was pretty good but have never been able to catch the others.
Too expensive and not worth the risk, is basically what they said in some special. Watch Jungle Gold. They got shot at and all types of crazy shit. Todd would probably epic fail and get everyone killed before 6 episodes of them trying to mine in the Jungle.

Too expensive and not worth the risk, is basically what they said in some special. Watch Jungle Gold. They got shot at and all types of crazy shit. Todd would probably epic fail and get everyone killed before 6 episodes of them trying to mine in the Jungle.
Jungle Gold was done in Africa. The current show for South America gold is called Bamazon and it just started airing. Not sure if they have to worry about getting shot down there, but definitely not human-friendly territory.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Harshaw that's what would have made that show so awesome, watching the Hoffmans go ape shit over things.

Bamazon eh? I may have to take a look into that.

Is Jungle Gold any good even though it's totally different people?

Personally I didn't care for the Jungle Gold show and only watched a couple episodes, so I can't say much about it. I did watch the premiere of Bamazon though and it wasn't half bad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gold Rush is by far the best of these gold shows. I'm not crazy about Todd but he does know how to assemble a good crew. I bet he finishes the season real strong. I don't know how he's so passive with the dude who built him that trummel? Shouldn't he have known they needed a stronger motor to power that shit?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole amazon/african gold rush things are just way to wild west to actually film. For the africa one unless you are going in with a lot of armed guys you are pretty much at the mercy of anybody who has them. For the amazon one you are talking about the same level of lawlessness combined with the wonders of jungle/flora/fauna and tropical diseases. I am pretty sure a year working down there would kill off half the hoffman crew if they tried it.

The canada/alaska things have their own safety issues but in the grand scheme of things dealing with some brown bears once in a while is pretty minor.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Is Jungle Gold any good even though it's totally different people?
I found it stupid as hell, the two main characters are white mormon real estate agents who lived way over their means ended up more than like a million bucks in debt, they go to ghana like their gonna just be these slick dealing bad asses.

They basically waste money and time all show culminating in them agreeing to some back alley gold deal in more desparation with their final 35k, then they get the gold they got, supposedly going to be worth 70k, stolen by an armed gunmen. Out of money the show concludes and they go home still believing they'll be back. Really painful show to watch.

TLDR White Mormons with massive egos trying to hack it in a cutthroat gold rush scenario with big time foreign investors/ chinese laborers / lots of guns / and little law.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Most of these "reality" shows on discovery are staged / manipulated by the producers in a lame attempt to be more dramatic (attract women viewers?).

The Jungle Gold show is exceptionally bad and an attempt to ride of the coattails of the ratings that the gold rush show has. It has no redeeming qualities and no characters that you would want to see succeed. It does not even hold value in watching it just to root against the 2 idiots.

In my opinion, many of these shows (Sons of Guns, Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold) would actually be better if they didn't have some douchebag producer trying to create/manipulate the story.

I do not see any of the ventures on the show (gold rush) making business sense and see them more as a bunch of idiots (some of them good intentioned and hard workers) trying to live out a childhood fantasy and gaining an appreciation for how much engineering / work / knowledge goes into this line of work.

O.K. I watched the last show (mid-season finale) and with all the hype announcing who struck the mother-lode...I don't see it. Parker is shut down for the time being. The Dakota boys have come upon some gold but it still doesn't suggest anything big when you consider all the hype.

Todd dodged a bullet, recovering enough gold to keep his investor happy. In the end, we still don't know who's gonna come out on top.

My prediction is that everyone but the Schnabel camp will bring enough to keep them going. Kinda sad though considering their circumstances.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Parker is pretty much out of options isn't he? They land they are on now is close to drying up and the creek was the last hope for them and come to find out it's not virgin ground and is empty.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If dave is not the one who hit the "motherload" I will be surprised. Seriously he was working on his wash plant when todd came up and said we need you to get the 7 ounces by tomorrow. They refired everything back up going and managed to pull in around 20 oz out of a single days run. While it may not be ermagad thousand ounces level motherload I see him baring the gold just dying out hitting his 500 oz mark which will likely excede anything the other claims are doing. Parker hit that one 50 oz week and is now out of paydirt to work. Daves cleanouts are getting bigger and bigger as time goes on and should continue to be good until he finally hits bedrock.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's either Dave or Fred. As much as I hate Fred he's sitting on gold, it's just taking him forever to get to it.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im glad Dave's crew managed some more gold last episode but I hated the "created drama" that im sure the producer had a hand in. The way Dave and his crewed bitched about having to go to work and mine gold, the reason they are out there, seemed fake to me. Lets be honest here, if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, why would you need a day off? Just to sit around and do nothing all day? You'd last maybe an hour and would want to go back to work.
Fake drama = bad

TV show information provided by The Movie Database