Gold Rush

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This show wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Hoffman's. Plus they have given the most lulz over the years. I think it is actually a big hit to the show. Dave isn't coming back and I don't think Freddy Doge wants to be the man in charge of a big operation. He tends to like his small ones. I'd like to see more of Tony's off camera operation, but I know we probably never will.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Boy that live show is an hour of my life I'll never get back. If you haven't watched it yet, Todd is leaving the show and there's also a lot of boring shit. Parker and Tony are apparently good miners but stand-up comedians they are NOT so unless you like seeing Todd cry and talk about god you don't need to watch.

I'm sure they made the right decision since they are clearly not good at mining. I'm not sure if it's going to make the show better or worse.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boy that live show is an hour of my life I'll never get back. If you haven't watched it yet, Todd is leaving the show and there's also a lot of boring shit. Parker and Tony are apparently good miners but stand-up comedians they are NOT so unless you like seeing Todd cry and talk about god you don't need to watch.

I'm sure they made the right decision since they are clearly not good at mining. I'm not sure if it's going to make the show better or worse.

Yeah the live show overall was bad. The host now for those is pretty bad himself. They made a comment or two about who the new mine boss would be so I assume they are going to replace Todd with someone new so they're showing 3 different mining ops. I think that's smart, b/c it would be pretty boring if it's just Tony and Parker. Parker just crushing his season this year.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Says something about having opportunities as a singer or something.
Honestly, he isn't horrible, though I don't think anyone is going to pay to see him do covers. Personally I'm happy I won't have to watch these clowns mine anymore. I might be in the minority, but I much prefer watching Tony and Parker who know what they are doing mine. If they add another competent miner over another comic relief miner I wouldn't be upset.

Merrith

Honestly, he isn't horrible, though I don't think anyone is going to pay to see him do covers. Personally I'm happy I won't have to watch these clowns mine anymore. I might be in the minority, but I much prefer watching Tony and Parker who know what they are doing mine. If they add another competent miner over another comic relief miner I wouldn't be upset.

Wow okay, didn't realize there was stuff of him singing out there. No I'm with you, the only benefit to watching Todd mine is to laugh at their failures...especially when he's so cocky coming at Parker saying he's going to beat him despite Parker killing it every single season. I agree they should add another one, just wonder if it'll be anyone we know like Dave/Freddy or if it'll be someone new they approach.

Oldbased

> Than U
I thought Todd owned the rights to the show or something or part owner in with Disco. Could be wrong but thought I remembered that from years back.
I used to watch this show hardcore but the past few years I just catch random episodes sometimes. I am guessing the season is over if they held a live show, so where did everyone end up gold wise?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought Todd owned the rights to the show or something or part owner in with Disco. Could be wrong but thought I remembered that from years back.
I used to watch this show hardcore but the past few years I just catch random episodes sometimes. I am guessing the season is over if they held a live show, so where did everyone end up gold wise?

Umm 3 more weeks left. I think.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I think Todd is going to LA to work in his production company. All of his mining has been kind of a sham because he's making his real money on the TV show and it's more important to him that they make good tv than be good miners.

The preview last night hinted that the new miner might be Todd's son going out on his own which would be kind of lame.

Merrith

I really hope it's not Todd's son. If he thinks he'll be the next Parker or something he'll be in for a rude awakening.

Losing interest in the Dakota boys White Water show. While the river/creek diving is interesting and fun to watch them figure out solutions to issues...they're just not getting any gold.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not at all surprised Todd is finally packing it in. I feel bad for his crew. Loyal to their own detriment.

I will say though, I have a bit of sympathy for Todd's son. Yes, he comes off as an annoying shithead.. but can you imagine the flack he gets at school / from his peers? Anyone that watches this show knows what a complete buffoon his father is. I am sure he is constantly embarrassed by the colossal blunders his father makes on national television. Like all teenagers, he thinks he knows better than his parents. But in this case, it might just possibly be true!

To me, the kid just comes off as a teenager being a try-hard to seem competent. Age and circumstance.. I give him a pass.

Merrith

Not at all surprised Todd is finally packing it in. I feel bad for his crew. Loyal to their own detriment.

I will say though, I have a bit of sympathy for Todd's son. Yes, he comes off as an annoying shithead.. but can you imagine the flack he gets at school / from his peers? Anyone that watches this show knows what a complete buffoon his father is. I am sure he is constantly embarrassed by the colossal blunders his father makes on national television. Like all teenagers, he thinks he knows better than his parents. But in this case, it might just possibly be true!

To me, the kid just comes off as a teenager being a try-hard to seem competent. Age and circumstance.. I give him a pass.

He's had his own fuck ups this season...but I agree he clearly doesn't like being viewed that way and actually wants to succeed. I'm thinking others in the thread are right and he might be the new mine boss or at least working with someone else next season. He seemed to want to find that new ground in Colorado that was actually good.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As big of a Doof as Todd is he managed to help get a show made that wound up making a good amount of money for him and his family watching him do stuff he wanted to do. He also managed to not have to flee a country with a national manhunt chasing him so as big of a screw up as he may be he is still a lot more of a success than those jungle gold guys.

Merrith

As big of a Doof as Todd is he managed to help get a show made that wound up making a good amount of money for him and his family watching him do stuff he wanted to do. He also managed to not have to flee a country with a national manhunt chasing him so as big of a screw up as he may be he is still a lot more of a success than those jungle gold guys.

Of course those Jungle Gold guys were being sought on trumped up charges of murder (the episode where the one guy had to choke a guy out, some Infowars like show tried to tell natives they actually murdered the guy instead of just choking him unconscious). Read some article about it, basically alarmists in that country were against foreigners coming to mine in general and they were an easy target b/c they weren't some big Chinese group, just 2 Americans.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... I'm thinking others in the thread are right and he might be the new mine boss or at least working with someone else next season. He seemed to want to find that new ground in Colorado that was actually good.

Maybe Discovery wants to go that route for entertainment purposes with a character building / redemption arc, but no way that kid can be a mine boss. He's in no way shape or form qualified for it, and Todd sure as shit isn't the fount of knowledge to seek when times get tough. I highly doubt any crew would follow. Also, you say the kid wanting to find new ground was a good call? I think that was simply common sense since that site he was mining was pulling in measly numbers that didn't even seem to cover running costs. No gold in the ground? Go elsewhere.

Speaking of no Gold in the ground, thinking back.. wasn't it Freddy Dodge that convinced Todd to move out of Alaska and into that site in Colorado? I remember him pitching it as prime tested gold-rich grounds. What happened to that? Seems that giant hill they were mining had fuck all gold all season. Where's Freddy's accountability?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Maybe Discovery wants to go that route for entertainment purposes with a character building / redemption arc, but no way that kid can be a mine boss. He's in no way shape or form qualified for it, and Todd sure as shit isn't the fount of knowledge to seek when times get tough. I highly doubt any crew would follow. Also, you say the kid wanting to find new ground was a good call? I think that was simply common sense since that site he was mining was pulling in measly numbers that didn't even seem to cover running costs. No gold in the ground? Go elsewhere.

Speaking of no Gold in the ground, thinking back.. wasn't it Freddy Dodge that convinced Todd to move out of Alaska and into that site in Colorado? I remember him pitching it as prime tested gold-rich grounds. What happened to that? Seems that giant hill they were mining had fuck all gold all season. Where's Freddy's accountability?

Agreed it was common sense, I just meant he really had the go get it attitude like he was going to be point man on wanting to make it happen...thus might lead to him being one of the guys next season. I certainly don't think he'd be in charge like Parker is in charge, either. More like a co person with someone more experienced at the top, but him as driving force behind going for it. It seems like they've jumped around to so many spots in Colorado, I can't even remember which one Freddy was pushing for. Plus all the stuff with the permits and the land being zoned improperly. It's been a total cluster down there for them.

Merrith

Todd betting Parker 100 ounces looks extremely stupid now. His crew basically quitting on the season was pretty sad, too. While I hope Parker gets out from under Tony next season, I do hope they still interact as neighbors because that can't be anything but fun to watch. Crazy year by Parker, Tony did well too compared to his goal, though it seemed like they spent a lot this year too.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That had to be uncomfortable for Parker to show up and basically take all of their profit for the year but Todd made the bet so fuck him. He's actually the one that proposed it so he has no one to blame but himself.

Parker and Rick going to the jungle looking for gold in the off season might be entertaining. I feel like he's just going down there to humiliate Todd by actually making money down there. Todd can do a lot of failing but it's hard to imagine him topping the failure of the season in the jungle.

Merrith

That had to be uncomfortable for Parker to show up and basically take all of their profit for the year but Todd made the bet so fuck him. He's actually the one that proposed it so he has no one to blame but himself.

Parker and Rick going to the jungle looking for gold in the off season might be entertaining. I feel like he's just going down there to humiliate Todd by actually making money down there. Todd can do a lot of failing but it's hard to imagine him topping the failure of the season in the jungle.

Yeah even Parker seemed uncomfortable taking it but you're right, Todd was the one who brought it up so fuck it. Did it seem like he was actually going to mine down in the jungle or just go down there for some adventure show and check out their mining techniques?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it looked like just an adventure/information gathering trip, but it would be pretty funny if he went down there and made a ton of cash.