Gold Rush

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think it will be Fred. How are we basing the mother-lode though. Todd's operating costs are off the charts compared to Fred. Todd's team will have more gold than Fred will, but I'm betting Fred pulls down a much bigger profit.
Considering everything Todd pulls out of the ground at this point is profit all it will take is another cleanup like their last one to pass Freds season total...also Fred just passed the break even point himself in pretty much the same episode so they are pretty even right now. I can't imagin Fred having a 100 ounch cleanup like Todd's had the last 2 or 3 cleanups.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wish Parker would get lucky though, I think out of all of them he puts in the most work.
Despite the fact that he acts like a little shit sometimes, Parker is really a pretty impressive kid. A lot of 18 year olds can't even get out of bed before noon without their mothers calling them 3 times and he's running a business and getting shit done. It's got to be hard to have employees that are twice your age and not let them walk all over you.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Considering everything Todd pulls out of the ground at this point is profit all it will take is another cleanup like their last one to pass Freds season total...also Fred just passed the break even point himself in pretty much the same episode so they are pretty even right now. I can't imagin Fred having a 100 ounch cleanup like Todd's had the last 2 or 3 cleanups.
Fred's probably keeping most of his profits though, and Hoffman has investors and a lot more directions for the money to go.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite the fact that he acts like a little shit sometimes, Parker is really a pretty impressive kid. A lot of 18 year olds can't even get out of bed before noon without their mothers calling them 3 times and he's running a business and getting shit done. It's got to be hard to have employees that are twice your age and not let them walk all over you.
For all that he acts like a little shit once in a while he is overall more mature than pretty much the entire hoffman bunch except dave and most of the other miners as well. Some of his agressivness he displays a to that one older worker of his I think is just a bit of a defensive reaction of being such a young guy in charge of that much stuff trying to get respect from much older employees. That said he has a hell of a work ethic and makes all around better choices than most of his older counter parts on this show.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That doesn't make sense. Why would they call it the break even point if they still owed money to investors?
I think a lot of their equipment and pay back to the investors is per season where they don't have to pay it all back this season. So I think for this season they have hit their break even point but still have a LOT more workers and equipment/fuel expenses than any of the other crews.

I think if Dave had been split off on his own claim him and his two crewmen would have already been considered to hit the motherload. It is only having to support all the quartz creek chuckle heads that is dragging them down.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The fact remains that When they say someone hit the moterload they aren't factoring in expences and cost, they are factoring in the amount of gold pulled from the ground and that's it.

Todd has pulled 136 ounces in a single cleanup, that trumps the total gold Fred has pulled all season. In order for someone to hit "The Motherload" it's going to be a massive cleanup that will end up grossing them mucho money/ounces.

The only people on this show capable of cleaning up that much is well....no one. Which leads me to believe it will be Todds crew that hits it causing them to hit their 1000 ounces. That's been the central theme all season and it will end up with them hitting "The Motherload" and getting it showing Todd isn't so bad at running a crew afterall when in fact he is and it will be because of Dave they hit it.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys aren't factoring Todd messing up majorly. I know he wont let me down. Fred will hit the mother-lode at the bottom of the waterfall.

I wonder what Parker does this week. Seems like he's done. Kid definitely has serious potential.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
While the others would not have to match the season total of the hoffmans to hit the motherload it still is going to have to wind up being WAY more than any of the others currently have been pulling. The hoffmans cleanups from the last two weeks each week have been equal to or better than the other mines for the season. Honestly I think if Todd had not been such a flaming screwup 1000 oz probably was doable for them. As is I don't think they will quite hit it but they probably will get pretty close to it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That doesn't make sense. Why would they call it the break even point if they still owed money to investors?
I'm assuming that the investors are in it for a share of the profits. It's not just a loan with fixed interest like a bank or the guy wouldn't be up there getting on Todd's ass about how much gold they were getting. I'm also assuming that the crew is in for a percentage (probably a small one) or they wouldn't be jumping up and down and cheering after every clean out if they were just making their salary whether they found any gold or not.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The investors get a percentage of whatever Todd and co. bring in, but they no longer owe money to anyone. The break even point means everything they get from now on is pure profit.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the main investor? He shows up and bitches a couple times then never shows again?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How the hell do they not have some guy watching their wash plant the entire time it's running at this point? Amazing they got a 200 ounce cleanup even after possibly washing more gold out the bottom. Not sure how Todd continues to succeed despite himself (aside from Dave).

They sure made it seem like Parker may have found the mother lode, although they left it open enough that Fred could still find a way to get to the bottom of the glory hole.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
No matter what happens this has been my favorite season so far. My biggest issue with the show up until now was every episode being about break downs and them never actually getting any worth while gold. Seems like all 3 are going to finish this season pretty solid no matter who actually gets the "mother load".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Like i said earlier, Todd was going to get a huge cleanup and he did, he almost doubled Freds total season in a single wash.

Looks like Parker may be onto something too, while I'm not a fan of the kid, I wouldn't want to see his mine go under so hopefully they get something big from that creek bed.

Merrith

Like i said earlier, Todd was going to get a huge cleanup and he did, he almost doubled Freds total season in a single wash.

Looks like Parker may be onto something too, while I'm not a fan of the kid, I wouldn't want to see his mine go under so hopefully they get something big from that creek bed.
Just goes to show as much as he already knows still learning from his grandfather who took one look at what they had dug out and knew they probably dug in the wrong spot. You'd think Todd and co. can get one more cleanup but they don't have any pay dirt to run anymore do they? How would they have enough time to clear another cut and get to pay dirt for another cleanup in time to run enough yards to get 200+ again is what I wonder.

Merrith

They only ran a days worth from Quartz Creek, they still have four more days worth of dirt to run.
Must have missed that part, still hard to think they'll get anywhere close to what they need in just 4 days worth of dirt no? I mean 200 ounces is a sick cleanup and they're still 200+ away from 1k ounces

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was under the impression they ran a test for less than a full day, checked out the box and saw very good gold, and proceeded to run the rest of the remaining dirt. Maybe I missed it, and the way the show is edited it can be hard to tell how many days are going by. Clearly they are on great gold, but they are still losing a lot of gold, and trucking that dirt 4 miles while worth it with the numbers they are pulling, why not wait till next season to move equipment to the location, instead of blowing profit with fuel costs, and much heavier wear and tear on the trucks.

Think Parker will do decently, but I think Fred will show up with either explosive, or an even bigger excavator to get to the bottom of that waterfall. That being said, there is no way they are catching the Hoffman crew for total gold with 2 weeks left.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I was under the impression that they ran all of the Quartz dirt after seeing it was full of gold. Also Todd's crew is so incompetent they can actually break shit by just driving down a road.

As for the wash plant, why isnt Thurber checking on it more often? I mean we havent seen the guy do anything with the heavy equipment so what exactly is he doing all day? Jack can also be bunched in with Thurber. I hope he's given up trying the find that elusive glory hole that doesnt exist.

And if "The Motherlode" is just Todd getting his 1000 ounces I will feel severely ripped off. Grinding dirt isnt hitting the motherlode IMO.