Gold Rush

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
As I was watching this episode and Todd said they were moving everyone to Indian River I turned to my wife and said that I bet you anything they dont load the dump trucks up with dirt before they go. Sure enough travelling the distance with empty trucks. I know its minor how much gold they could have gotten out of that but it just shows the lack of vision and management sense that Todd has.

As I was watching this episode and Todd said they were moving everyone to Indian River I turned to my wife and said that I bet you anything they dont load the dump trucks up with dirt before they go. Sure enough travelling the distance with empty trucks. I know its minor how much gold they could have gotten out of that but it just shows the lack of vision and management sense that Todd has.
Just playing devil's advocate, but maybe there is a bridge between the two claims that wouldn't be able to handle the load of the filled trucks? More likely story is Todd sucks though given the history.

What I don't understand, why isn't Turbo Trommel guy flying up there with a welder right now to make things right. Even if by the time he finishes there's only a week left in the season, wouldn't you want to have a known quantity going into the next season?

I was also surprised to see that Jack didn't lose his shit when he found his beloved excavator being used as a hydraulic pump. I don't think that guy really even gives a shit about finding gold, he just wants to tool around in heavy machinery and this was the best excuse he could come up with.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don't get that at all, though I'm sure the wagon train of trucks was more so for filming reasons...I wouldn't put it past Todd though to not think about it.

WorthyMonkey_sl

shitlord
I was also surprised to see that Jack didn't lose his shit when he found his beloved excavator being used as a hydraulic pump. I don't think that guy really even gives a shit about finding gold, he just wants to tool around in heavy machinery and this was the best excuse he could come up with.
In those quick 30 second clips they play between commericials about 50 minutes into it, Jack said that he would have gone apeshit if it was someone else that had done it. I think it's his grandson that had used his excavator.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing that really confuses me is why did they wait this long to merge the crews. The quartz creek crew has had their thumb up their buts for almost two months. Why did they not merge the teams early and get as much as they could from the claim that was actually producing gold.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing that really confuses me is why did they wait this long to merge the crews. The quartz creek crew has had their thumb up their buts for almost two months. Why did they not merge the teams early and get as much as they could from the claim that was actually producing gold.
I think because they were still moving dirt and piling it.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Hoffman crew pulled out 46oz in 5 days. Thats about 9oz a day, and they have how many more days in the mining season? 60 - 70? 70 days if it's realatively problem free will net them 600oz or so. Add that on to the 250 they have already pulled out and they are pretty close to the $1 Million in gold on the table that the producers showed at the beginning of this season.

Looks like Parker is about done as a gold miner unless he can get a large swath of clean land, which doesn't look likely. It seems like his grandfathers mine has been played out.

The Dakotas seem like they have a good spot, but are a bit rinky dink to really pull out a large amount of gold. Not to mention they seems like a pair of total asses. I really don't see them getting any help next year from anyone after the shit they pulled on Parker.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure that parker winds up working with/for tony beats in a year or so. Big nugget mine is pretty much played out it happens pretty much time to move on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else notice that when Parker was driving the rock truck up the mountain the second time someone had written "FAG" in the dirt on the window of the truck?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Todd wasn't happy with destroying his own claim, now he tries his best to destroy big red and Indian River? Way to go buddy.

Idiot.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh good. After reading this thread I realized I wasn't insane after watching the first 6 episodes and wanting most of the cast to die horribly of a bear attack or ebola.

There is almost nothing redeeming about any of them. I almost felt sorry for the retard who was supposed to run the gold water table then got fired. Almost.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Todd wasn't happy with destroying his own claim, now he tries his best to destroy big red and Indian River? Way to go buddy.

Idiot.
His stupidity knows no bounds. How does this guy look at himself in the mirror. Things are running smooth, all he has to do is load dirt, not fuck up the machinery. You seriously left the only piece of equipment that works sorting gold erode away to the point where a support leg was about to collapse. Holy shit dude.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
His stupidity knows no bounds. How does this guy look at himself in the mirror. Things are running smooth, all he has to do is load dirt, not fuck up the machinery. You seriously left the only piece of equipment that works sorting gold erode away to the point where a support leg was about to collapse. Holy shit dude.
But dude... He doesn't have time to fix it he said so that makes it okay.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But dude... He doesn't have time to fix it he said so that makes it okay.
I've worked with people like him that refuse to see the larger picture. Problem is they usually aren't the boss like Todd is. He needs to stick to the bible thumping, because he has zero feel for being a miner. He literally makes the wrong decision every single time. EVERY time.

Also Fred is kicking ass,

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Parkers clean out looks pretty nuts and I missed the the last 15 minutes except for the Hoffman's cleanout (136 ounces is nuts), did we get results from Freds dredging?

Also now that the Hoffman crew is past the break even point, can they pretty much tell the investors to go fuck themselves now?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Freds dredging did pretty well for only one day, can't remember how much it was but it was decent for one day.

Todd is such an idiot..."Day shift is going to have to step it up if we're going to make it." What a crock of shit, Dave's crew has been the only one stepping up all season. He's lucky he didn't ruin their plant permanently. Anyone on that claim after watching the video should demand Dave run the show next season.

Leevonroy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Parkers clean out looks pretty nuts and I missed the the last 15 minutes except for the Hoffman's cleanout (136 ounces is nuts), did we get results from Freds dredging?

Also now that the Hoffman crew is past the break even point, can they pretty much tell the investors to go fuck themselves now?
Nope. He still has to give 10 percent of all recovered gold to the claim owner first and then investors only have broken even. My guess is they are getting a 30 percent cut also. Besides the money is not in the gold, it's in the tv show. They are getting anywhere from 10-15k each an episode. Don't believe the down on their luck story from seasons past. Goat boy and the junkie own and airport and some run down motels in Gresham OR area.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I figured when they said broke even then that meant paying back all expenses needed in order to pocket the gold they are mining. The claim owner isn't an investor, I knew they still had to give him his cut regardless.

And yeah I forgot to comment about Todds, "Day shift is going to have to step it up..." comment. Man fuck that guy, up until that point he had contributed just over 7 ounces on the season. If I were Dave watching this show right now I'd call Todd up and tell him to go fuck himself assuming he doesn't already do so at some point in this season....which I hope he does.

And Yeah now that I was reminded, I do remember Freds cleanout....though he said something that annoyed me too. "The Hoffmans only pulled 7 ounces out of this claim all season when they were here...."

Well no shit you fuck, it was their first year mining and once they did all the work of digging that hole and getting down to bedrock and started to find gold you swooped in and claim jumped them.

My dislike of Fred is pretty great....but not as much as Todd. I dislike Todd because he's stupid, I dislike Fred because he's a prick.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't call what Fred did claim jumping. It's not his fault Todd Hoffman is a complete fucking idiot who forgets to make a lease payment. That comment by Todd that the day shift needs to step it up lol, I was hoping a boulder would fall out of the sky and land on his fucking head when he said that.