Gone Girl

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
because womynz have been trying SO HARD and bitching so much for movies to pass the Bechdel wtf ever test, and now one does, but oh noes WOMYNZ can only be victims.

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
Halfway through I was kind of hoping for...

the bitch to get murdered by the two rednecks in the motel where no one can find her, and Affleck to get sentenced to death...that would have been a much more satisfying ending then this crap. Also, what about the dude he met with in NYC that had the rape charge? He'll bring his story to the media in the sequel I'm guessing?

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Halfway through I was kind of hoping for...

the bitch to get murdered by the two rednecks in the motel where no one can find her, and Affleck to get sentenced to death...that would have been a much more satisfying ending then this crap. Also, what about the dude he met with in NYC that had the rape charge? He'll bring his story to the media in the sequel I'm guessing?
Nah, the ending just completes the overall messedupness.

Going through all of that and still ending up together in the end? I didn't expect that at all. Them both dying (especially the girl) would have been more satisfying maybe, but less of an impact, and less meaningful overall. I don't think it's entirely that he felt trapped that he decided to stay, but also that he might have started to feel something for her again. It just goes to show how effective a manipulator she really is/was.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Although I enjoyed the movie there was plenty of plot holes that I caught on to with the biggest being:

On crazy blonds diary she has marked that she will kill herself around December which was a good two months after the so called murder. Once the body showed up in the lake or whatever you don't think they would do an autopsy to see that she was in fact alive a good two months after her "murder? (flips over table)

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Although I enjoyed the movie there was plenty of plot holes that I caught on to with the biggest being:

On crazy blonds diary she has marked that she will kill herself around December which was a good two months after the so called murder. Once the body showed up in the lake or whatever you don't think they would do an autopsy to see that she was in fact alive a good two months after her "murder? (flips over table)
Can you list some more? I like to know what I missed when it comes to plot holes. The only one I thought of was:

wouldnt the police expect there to be a lot of "footage" of herself getting raped and tortured in nph's cabin for 20 days? I realize that she had the one staged on that she did in front of the camera, so it's obvious she expected the police to look at that footage. What about the footage of her sitting there eating breakfast in the morning, etc?

Radge_sl

shitlord
Can you list some more? I like to know what I missed when it comes to plot holes. The only one I thought of was:

wouldnt the police expect there to be a lot of "footage" of herself getting raped and tortured in nph's cabin for 20 days? I realize that she had the one staged on that she did in front of the camera, so it's obvious she expected the police to look at that footage. What about the footage of her sitting there eating breakfast in the morning, etc?
The cameras only showed the outside of the house. That is why she had to run to a window for her fake screaming shot. In general, I don't think the clumsy police-work after her return is a major plot-hole. She's a famous white girl who had to free herself from a kidnapping rapist because the police were too incompetent to find her. They just want to close this case ASAP, before it does any more damage to their reputation.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My favorite part (don't worry no spoilers) was one some lady yelled as the credits started "What the hell kind of ending was that?!". How the hell did she want it to end? I thought the ending was absolutely perfect.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite part (don't worry no spoilers) was one some lady yelled as the credits started "What the hell kind of ending was that?!". How the hell did she want it to end? I thought the ending was absolutely perfect.
Yes, the ending was perfect. She is probably the same type of moron who thinks Fight Club was about fighting.

I went into this movie, fully spoiled, and not liking the general story outline. I mean, who would? It is an awful situation.

It seems like one disgusting cliche after the other, right? It seemed like it would be the same kind of fodder akin to Nancy Grace or Fox News blabber on about nightly for months on end. It seemed all too predictable, the premise being rotten and depressing. I have to say though, the movie is far smarter than it's surface-level story/premise. It is not about solving a mystery or about figuring how to navigate a troubled marriage. It is so much deeper than that. A lot of bad stuff happens in this movie, but there are no victims. Everyone pretty much gets what they deserve and that is the brilliance of it.

In Fincher I trust.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord

Along the video camera lines the workout room was "down by the lake" which as far as I can tell means a gazebo type house that she would have to walk outside to use. You see that she obviously got in shape so she used it bla bla bla.

Also when she "drops" her money pouch while golfing. Why would she bring $50k or whatever out to go golfing? She would have left it under the bed and only grabbed what is needed etc.

When Afleck finds all of the stuff in his sisters garage and knows that his psycho wife was using it so that the police will find it, why wouldn't he (or his sister if there is too many eyes on him) move it somewhere else?

Not really a plot hole but the FBI not listening / believing the detective is bullshit.

There was more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty good. It's one of those movies you're not sure if you just got jerked around or if it was supposed to jerk you around on purpose.

Emily Ratjkowkssksisi's nips looked like they were added on to her boobs as an afterthought. Like they were marshmallow peeps or something.

Loco_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't have given it a chance if it didn't have Fincher and Reznor tied to it, but I talked some friends into it. We all left impressed. Solid 8/10 for me.

Not my favorite movie, but hard to find faults with it.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I made the mistake of suggesting this for a date movie. For someone I haven't been seeing for very long. FML. To be fair, she laughed and hasn't dumped me. Yet.
It went over the top a few times but was pretty entertaining for such a long film.