"Good" games, that you hate.

Caliane

Another list thread!
After wtf, of that overrated games list. I think a variant might be interesting.

Similar question to most over-rated. But over-rated, infers its specially highly toted, and fails to meet that expectation. Like the skylanders question.
Shit prints money, and that is why it has so much buzz. That the game itself is meh, has no meaning.
Here we can include that. Skylanders the game was far too simple and short. even for a kids game.

But here are a few.

The Witcher. This game got a ton of buzz when it first came out. But man the combat is so awful. One of the very few games that I refused to keep playing, and actively quit out of disgust.

Vagrant story. This is another one. Alot of people love this one. I can not stand it. Pretty much nothing about it is good in my opinion. combat, item systems, story. you name it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well it looks like I'm gonna start off in the hole for rep on this site...

Ocarina of Time.

I don't really know where to start. Hunting fucking spiders or holes in the ground with the "rumble pack" feature. Simplistic combat. Rolling around anywhere I didn't have my horse, praying it would make me get somewhere faster. THAT ANNOYING FUCKING FAIRY. This game was the grail for some players of the era and I just never got it.

I dunno, I guess the music was pretty amazing. Partly I think my opinion of the game was tainted from the very start. Wait wait wait, you want this pimp ass mother fucker to be some woodland fairy child? I'm not cool with that.

Malt_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it's because I'm awful, but Planetside 1 & 2.

My experience with the both games is I log on, wander around the starting base confused for 30 minutes, finally get to a fight and get 1 shot by something I don't see, and remove from my pc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't get into Arkham Asylum. I didn't like how fixed the control scheme was. I think my breaking point was in the room where they introduce you to jumping and traveling on gargoyles. It's been a while but I remember wanting to kill bad dudes in a free form way by gliding toward them and annihilating them. Instead all I could do is sit with my thumb up my ass until the UI told me to hit the 'go' button and Batman did the rest of the work. I hate it when games do the heavy lifting for me in gameplay.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's been a while but I remember wanting to kill bad dudes in a free form way by gliding toward them and annihilating them.
Odd because this is almost exactly what I did for every fight where gliding in was an option. I remember it being possible to fuck your glide up and end up just dropping down in the middle of a group of dudes who could possibly immediately unload on you with a gun, but the fighting was SO free form(albeit a little easy/repetitive once you got the hang of it or had done some of the fight challenges) that this is the last complaint I'd expect to hear.

Phandy

Golden Squire
Battlefield 2 for me. Just couldn't get into it. One of the few games I bought and immediately regretted it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Time for negs!

Every turn based game ever - all Final Fantasies, Secret of Mana, the Pokemons, etc. I just can't get into turn based games.

The Assassins Creed series is also pretty terrible. Fun gameplay for a few hours but then it gets very repetitive and boring.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Time for negs!

Every turn based game ever - all Final Fantasies, Secret of Mana, the Pokemons, etc. I just can't get into turn based games.

The Assassins Creed series is also pretty terrible. Fun gameplay for a few hours but then it gets very repetitive and boring.
SoM is action based. Not really turn based. It also depends on where you draw the line on turn based. Is Chrono Trigger turn based? Because many FF games use a similar concept. But yeah Pokemon combat is pretty boring since the initiative roll only determines who goes first then they just trade blows after that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Time for negs!

This is some pretty half-assed neg farming considering that Secret of Mana isn't fucking turn based.

0/10

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Had to take turns playing the hero instead of the gay midget elf or the girl.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
League of Legends, competitive game undermined by their free to play mechanic.

Titan Quest, simply didn't work, it was like playing Diablo at half the speed with no interesting skills.

Left 4 Dead, even tried to play it with friends, but the game simply wasn't as good as they hoped once the novelty wore off. The core mechanics ended up being rather simple and once you aren't scared and make mistake, the game falls apart imo.

Magicka, simply didn't grab me, even though the game looks interesting it was a bore solo, played it for like 5 hours and never came back.

ColourofSpace_sl

shitlord
I've never enjoyed any Mario game outside of Mario Kart on N64. I think that I was scarred when the girl I used to date always had to beat the levels for me on the SNES version.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Bayonetta, so many people have said it is a can't miss game, but it was so over the top and silly that I just couldn't get into it.