Good Omens

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just watched the first episode on DansGaming, sponsored stream. Never heard of the show, but enjoyed it greatly. Good actors and writing.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Watched it all. CG was sloppy but other than that, I thought it was pretty great. Been many years since I read the book, so not sure how it compares really (I am old and have no real memory).

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really liked this. Not as good as hitchhikers guide but a good series.

My friends that are Trump supporters which is nice, but then ask stupid questions "why do they all have brittish accents" ....

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just binged this. Thought it was great. I have never read the source material so no comparison to draw there but the story was good, pacing was good and acting was good.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
about to finish it. I liked it, but having read the book already, I didn't think it was as good.

The apocalypse visuals translate really well to the screen but the nuances of the jokes and the dialogue didn't.

7/10

Sterling

El Presidente
Just binged this. Thought it was great. I have never read the source material so no comparison to draw there but the story was good, pacing was good and acting was good.
You should read the book. Gaiman might be my favorite writer. Pratchett is good shit too, and I usually find these collaborative books to be kind of shitty, but this one worked out quite well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Thoroughly enjoyed it. CGI was a little weak at some points, but Tennant can chew the scenery like few others.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I really want to like this but I can't get into it. I think I just don't get British humor. I really like the demon Crowley or however you say it. Dude kinda brings the character to life.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So we finished this and I will admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. I stand behind my earlier assessment of "completely and apologetically British". Not spot on exactly faithful to the source material (which I loved), but didn't vary in any way which made me like it any less.

To explain it in American....
It's like a British version of if the Supernatural people did a Crowley and Castiel buddy cop flick about the end of the world.

One annoyance from the fan base, apparently a lot of people are clamoring and upset that they didn't take the two main characters and then...

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked it when the angel is defending God's plan to flood the world and kill every man, woman and child except for Noah's family, and it is the demon who is trying to stop God from killing everybody. Good stuff.

This felt like a book by Douglas Adams brought to life. The team that did this should do a season of THGTTG next.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I liked it when the angel is defending God's plan to flood the world and kill every man, woman and child except for Noah's family, and it is the demon who is trying to stop God from killing everybody. Good stuff.

This felt like a book by Douglas Adams brought to life. The team that did this should do a season of THGTTG next.

Problem with that which is probably also why we'll never see a second season of Good Omens is that the "team" was Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, and unfortunately Mr Pratchett has passed away. Neil Gaiman's other works which have been adapted for TV include American Gods and (very loosely adapted) Lucifer.

Pratchett is mostly known for his writing of the Discworld series of novels which are essentially comedic high fantasy, great books. And a few have been made into TV movies or miniseries.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Tennant was very good in his character. The show wasn't horrible, there were fun times with Jon Hamm but I think the show lacked depth and character development.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
The two leads were outstanding. The book is one of my favorites and I'm glad Gaiman finally got to get a version of this to the screen. Sad that Pratchett wasn't alive to see it. Yes it was VERY british, but it was supposed to be, the orginal book had all the M25 jokes etc.

Cybsled

Those are the types of people that would have joined ISIS if it had been their religion instead lol

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I just finished watching this. Great show. My wife loves both gaiman and pratchett. She told me that in the book, a second copy of nutter's new prophesies were delivered to someone else. I'm guessing that was in the book to leave an opening for a sequel, but since pratchett is dead they left it out of the series.