Google Glass

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
usually when I have issues with Google's voice commands I'm not speaking clearly enough, damn southern accent.

When I fight my drawl it works perfectly.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm a caveman, but I'm not really looking forward to this coming out for general consumers. Personally, my day to day life is pretty damn boring, and I couldn't think of a reason why I'd want one of these over my smartphone to capture something impromptu or vid chat with family. But I know it won't stop people from buying it and sharing every mundane thing they do.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm a caveman, but I'm not really looking forward to this coming out for general consumers. Personally, my day to day life is pretty damn boring, and I couldn't think of a reason why I'd want one of these over my smartphone to capture something impromptu or vid chat with family. But I know it won't stop people from buying it and sharing every mundane thing they do.
heh, yeah. I find it pretty hilarious when you go to a ski resort and see dozens of people wearing GoPro or Contour cameras. Short of doing fancy shit in the terrain park, there is pretty much nothing that you can do within most ski resort boundaries as a weekend warrior that is worth recording or watching later. "Yeah, so this is the fifth time I went down the same groomed run, but I turned 8 times instead of 10 this run! It was INSANE."

I find it to be just okay. For basic words it's okay, but if you're trying any specific names of people or locations it starts getting tripped up pretty badly.
Does really well for me in most cases, it bats about 10% for hawaiian city / street names, which is on par with most white RL people. that alone is impressive.

ahh run

Lord Nagafen Raider
0Z8BftK.jpg

I was pretty excited about these things until I saw what they actually looked like. I thought they'd be waaaaay more subtle. I'd feel like a huge asshole walking around wearing them. Either that or a guest on Sprockets.

rrr_img_14412.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Half the time Android voice recognition blows my mind with how good it is. The rest of the time it makes me want to throw my phone out the window. I try to use it to text while driving and it's great and much safer UNLESS it repeatedly fucks up what I'm trying to say and I have to delete it 3 times and try over and over again in which case it would be safer to just type with my hands. For basic messages it usually works, but there are certain things that you just know before you even say them that it is going to fail hard at.

Hekotat

I see your point but I don't want to use it for sharing on the web. I just like the idea of texting, searching or taking pictures on command without basically looking at the ground.

Half the time Android voice recognition blows my mind with how good it is. The rest of the time it makes me want to throw my phone out the window. I try to use it to text while driving and it's great and much safer UNLESS it repeatedly fucks up what I'm trying to say and I have to delete it 3 times and try over and over again in which case it would be safer to just type with my hands. For basic messages it usually works, but there are certain things that you just know before you even say them that it is going to fail hard at.
Has anyone figured out how to put commas, periods or add sentences after said punctuation? That's the only thing that frustrates me about it.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Siri can add periods and commas to sentences. For example, I wrote this entire post with Siri and she got the periods and commas correctly. By the way, all you have to do is say the word comma or period in between phrases.

Hekotat

Siri can add periods and commas to sentences. For example, I wrote this entire post with Siri and she got the periods and commas correctly. By the way, all you have to do is say the word comma or period in between phrases.
When I tried this it just wrote the words "comma" and "period". It's been awhile since I tried it so maybe they fixed it.