Google Inbox

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I got an invite, even though I sent the email past the 1 hour mark. That's cool.

Question... I clicked the "sweep" button, and it said it would effect 77 emails, even though I'm not entirely sure what sweep meant, or what 77 emails it was effecting, and now it looks like my entire Promotions tab, back in Gmail, is gone? wtf? There were plenty of emails in my Promotions tab that I didn't want deleted?

Edit: Oops, they are still all there under Promo's, only in Inbox though... odd...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got the reply yesterday that they got my email and I'd be sent an invite as soon as possible, but never got an invite.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They finally sent me my invite, days later, so I'll see if I end up with any extra for installing it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So what is the point of this? I have it, but I'm not really sure what advantages there are to using this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To tell people who don't have it that you have it. Be extra douchey and call it your 'ginbox'.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I am having a hard time getting used to Inbox because the newest emails aren't always at the top of the list, and I am paranoid about an important email getting misfiled and hidden under "updates" or "social" categories that I don't want to check regularly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not really sure what the point of this was either. I created custom filters and folders in my gmail already.. so.. what is this for..

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed by it as well. Not sure I like it. Maybe once I get it all set up (not sure I care enough to devote much time though) and get used to the change it will be ok, but for now it is just confusing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's nice for reminders and snoozing emails. If you use it exactly the same as you use any other email, yeah, you probably wont see the point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, I can't even activate it because I don't have a smartphone.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks like I have 5 invites left currently. Feel free to send me a gmail address and I'll get them out sometime today.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I used it for about 20 minutes before I got sick of the double notifications and was too lazy to disable one or the other from gmail/inbox so I just uninstalled it.