Google Inbox

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone using Google/Gmail Inbox? Is it cool or hype or what? Can someone send me an invite? I'm not sure if I care about it, but i got bit by the curiosity bug.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
My e-mail is such a horrible mess. I've got thousands of unread messages from newsletters and shit. I would like a better way to filter it. I don't know if my behavior is part of what they're trying to address. I requested an invite. /shrug

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
http://i.imgur.com/vXU0Vnq.png- Shoot me a PM with your email address if you want one of the invites. I'm headed to take care of some stuff related to a house fire we had last week, so I may not be able to send out invites until this evening.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I love this, wish I could use it for my corporate mail but don't see that happening anytime soon (Google needing to read it to parse it into categories, etc)

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I've been pretty good about following inbox zero and moving tasks into gqueues (task manager). Also using a snooze script (here) to make email disappear until the day I need it. I'm using that to script move some longer/unimportant things to the weekend.

I set the script to update at 1am, so before I go to bed, I get a small influx of emails reappearing. Good time to take care of some (e.g. if I snoozed it because I need to send a reminder to someone) or re-snooze them as appropriate (e.g. something related to a reimbursement that I don't want to lose track of, but that will likely take more than a week).

I also snooze shipping confirmations to the day I expect them to be delivered.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks like I got another round of invites. I have one left if you send me your gmail address.

Edit: Annnnd like that it was gone. I'll post up more invites when I get them.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Note: I'm not sure exactly how I did it - but when logging into the wife's gmail on my phone after enabling Inbox on my main email address, it immediately tossed her gmail an invite. So for those of you that have a close friend that you'd trust with your gmail login a few, that might be a quick way in to play with potentially.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm not popular enough but I get ~5 emails a day I care about.

Now if google had a service where I could have all my real mail scanned in and emailed to me and the paper waste recycled (or burned instead stores that send out prolific amounts of junk mail) I'd use it!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Note: I'm not sure exactly how I did it - but when logging into the wife's gmail on my phone after enabling Inbox on my main email address, it immediately tossed her gmail an invite. So for those of you that have a close friend that you'd trust with your gmail login a few, that might be a quick way in to play with potentially.
If you've been given an invite directly from Google, you can do this to extend more invites. If you got an invite from someone else, this wont work.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you've been given an invite directly from Google, you can do this to extend more invites. If you got an invite from someone else, this wont work.
Mine didn't come directly from Google - I was the lucky winner for Mageling's earlier. Again though, not sure what I did - was just logging on her account to download a paid app and saw the email pop telling her "Welcome to Google Inbox".

Tuco: That's rather the point to Inbox which it does very well, it condenses everything into topics - so personal emails that I care about are one section, updates to scheduled things or payments go into their own category, and promos with my restaruant coupons etc (which I'm getting a shitload of right now being that my birthday is Sunday) get their own section.

It's like a much better Spam filter - it's actually made me start going through and unflagging some of the old coupon things that I marked as spam because I just got tired to getting my mailbox cluttered with them, for the few that I actually fish through spam for occasionally.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm not popular enough but I get ~5 emails a day I care about.

Now if google had a service where I could have all my real mail scanned in and emailed to me and the paper waste recycled (or burned instead stores that send out prolific amounts of junk mail) I'd use it!
Not google but:Earth Class Mail

I've been close to signing up for it a few times. It's going to be perfect for when I become a RV gypsy.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For the next hour (3pm-4pm PST on 11/5/2014) anyone who sends an email to "[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */" will be invited to Inbox by 5pm PST.

Inbox by Gmail on Twitter: