Google Play Books

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
wasn't quite sure whether to put this in the phone, tablet, or computer threads so figured I just post a new one

http://play.google.com/books/uploads

Upload your personal documents to Google Play, and read them anywhere.
?Keep up to 1,000 EPUB or PDF files in Google Play for free.
?Upload from your computer or import from Google Drive.
?Read anywhere: in the web browser, on Android phones and tablets, or with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
?Page position, bookmarks, and notes are synced to the cloud, so you can pick up reading where you left off.
Really like the page position/bookmarks saving no matter what device you acess them with.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This would be fantastic for allowing me to waste even more time at work reading in my browser, but until it syncs with a Kindle/Kindle app/mobi files, I'm too invested in technology that doesn't work with it
frown.png

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
This would be fantastic for allowing me to waste even more time at work reading in my browser, but until it syncs with a Kindle/Kindle app/mobi files, I'm too invested in technology that doesn't work with it
frown.png
Download Calibre e-book manager, assuming you do want to use google books. It lets you convert to different file types in bulk.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Download Calibre e-book manager, assuming you do want to use google books. It lets you convert to different file types in bulk.
I've already got 2500 books in my Calibre library that I've meticulously cataloged and converted to MOBI.

But Calibre wouldn't solve my problem anyway. My problem is that I would essentially never get to use my Kindle again if I wanted it to sync with a browser or phone app. Converting them all to EPUB wouldn't help that in any way, I'd still just be throwing the Kindle away basically so I could read in my browser.

I exclusively use my Sony reader for my ebooks, but I can see this getting some use when I'm out somewhere and have an unexpected wait. If I end up using it or not, I'm happy to have another feature attached to my google account.