GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
It's the point of view from the world and the characters, the setting and made up culture that's been set and described.

For her to just say "imma raped yo" is SJW bull because it is using our modern, and our current and recent redefining of rape as the set standard. We have had the discussion of the inflation of the term "rape" recently in our culture at the hands of SJW movements.

She - in character and in the framing of the world - should have said she was forced into an arranged marriage... as stated above those two things are hand in hand.

Tywin certainly as a character considered Tyrion a cuck SJW shitwit for not having sex with his wife.

Exactly.......thank you sir for having more then 2 brain cells and understanding why her comment was out of place in their world and as such I deemed it "SJW bullshit"

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You guys act like "rape" isn't a concept that is WELL ingrained into the world already. Rapists get sent to the wall or killed on an hourly basis all around Westeros. It is a thing that happens constantly and is constantly looked down on and treated with disgust.

Here, let me try this stupid argument and see if you guys buy it.

In the GoT universe, Dany witnessed slaves being 'raped' and ergo she just equated that with being "subjugated" like the slaves she was freeing constantly. Now, since that is all fine and dandy in the GoT universe, she was totes cool saying it and meaning "enslaved or subjugated", right? No reason to bitch right? I mean that is all fine in the GoT universe.

Even using that dumb ass argument it still isn't "sjw bullshit".

Oldbased

> Than U
Not so fast. I wouldn't trust the very biased progressive writers of Hollywood to properly define fantasy rape. Every scene has incest, murder, rapists, pedomongers, thieves and dragon mothers in it.
The only person at all doing proper gods work was the High Sparrow and even then I suspect he may have been on the wacky weed due to his name.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

khalid

Unelected Mod
I can't think of any other time she could have been raped. If that is what she is referring then that is the most SJW pussy shit I have seen to date in GoT. Khal Drogo at least tried to be romantic by taking her to a scenic spot to get raped. Ramsey Bolton would not have approved of Khal Drogo's rape game.

Her marriage night was consensual (kinda).

The nights after were not. She was forced to have sex with Drogo night after night, even after she was badly hurt and bleeding from riding a horse for weeks straight after having never ridden one.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
That episode was so fucking awesome. God damn.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Episode 4 leaked early. just watched it. The quality is SD and there are some watermarks and a timer running at the bottom, but it's definitely watchable.

and very, very good.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Her marriage night was consensual (kinda).

The nights after were not. She was forced to have sex with Drogo night after night, even after she was badly hurt and bleeding from riding a horse for weeks straight after having never ridden one.
I once told a girl that I didn't want to have sex because my dick was chafing from a prolonged jackoff session earlier in the day and that she should just blow me instead. She proceeded to jam a finger up my ass. Where do I go to file rape charges?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
To the people who watched the episode, please don't spoil for me, but please tell me:

Does Euron do anything bad ass in this episode?"]

• 1Worf

khalid

Unelected Mod
I once told a girl that I didn't want to have sex because my dick was chafing from a prolonged jackoff session earlier in the day and that she should just blow me instead. She proceeded to jam a finger up my ass. Where do I go to file rape charges?

If after riding on a horse for 18 hours straight and bleeding from the thighs and anus, she then preceded to do that for 30 minutes while you tried to stop her, I think you might have a right to file charges.

Oldbased

> Than U
If HBO was smart once things like this got leaked it should just flip access on the Go/Now/Demand services for the episode to prevent people exploring become pirates. They are not that reactive. Yet.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I mean, rape is a pretty common thing in the books. It's explicitly mentioned 136 times. If it makes you feel any better, Dany thinks to herself that Daario raped her with his eyes in Daenerys V, ASOS.

A Search of Ice and Fire

Edit - holy fuck this thread moves fast.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If HBO was smart once things like this got leaked it should just flip access on the Go/Now/Demand services for the episode to prevent people exploring become pirates. They are not that reactive. Yet.
Well the other thing is, the episode might literally not be ready. You have sound edits, small VFX changes, cuts and add-ins that really do happen last minute. HBO is better about it than most but what you saw might be just SLIGHTLY different from what is put on the actual site. It could be as small as fixing a dead pixel or just running a different ADR pass over some lines. Post will take EXACTLY as long as it physically has to in order to make sure ALL notes from studios get as much coverage as possible before uploading and going live. I could tell you a few stories about people literally running down streets with some pelican cases to make deadlines.

That really doesn't pertain to this situation because it was out for wide international distro (who leaked it), but it can happen.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well the other thing is, the episode might literally not be ready. You have sound edits, small VFX changes, cuts and add-ins that really do happen last minute. HBO is better about it than most but what you saw might be just SLIGHTLY different from what is put on the actual site. It could be as small as fixing a dead pixel or just running a different ADR pass over some lines. Post will take EXACTLY as long as it physically has to in order to make sure ALL notes from studios get as much coverage as possible before uploading and going live. I could tell you a few stories about people literally running down streets with some pelican cases to make deadlines.

That really doesn't pertain to this situation because it was out for wide international distro (who leaked it), but it can happen.
I realize that. One of the things I noticed watching it all again was the annoying transformer sound meant to inspire oh shit every time that dumb blonde bitch has her dragons breathe fire upon some poor slave masters. It sounds like a box of shit falling down the stairs. I assume it was a nice sound effect if you watched it weekly so you only heard it 3 times over the course of like 3 years but when you watch 73 episodes in 5 days boy it sure grates on the nerves. It's like Micheal Bay walked in and said, "Fire? Add transformer sounds!". Those sneaky last minute editors can be real assholes in that regard. Just ask George Lucas.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I realize that. One of the things I noticed watching it all again was the annoying transformer sound meant to inspire oh shit every time that dumb blonde bitch has her dragons breathe fire upon some poor slave masters. It sounds like a box of shit falling down the stairs. I assume it was a nice sound effect if you watched it weekly so you only heard it 3 times over the course of like 3 years but when you watch 73 episodes in 5 days boy it sure grates on the nerves. It's like Micheal Bay walked in and said, "Fire? Add transformer sounds!". Those sneaky last minute editors can be real assholes in that regard. Just ask George Lucas.
You talking about "DEEP BASS" noise that sounds like shit even on the best audio equipment? Or the mechanical screeching?

Oldbased

> Than U
You talking about "DEEP BASS" noise that sounds like shit even on the best audio equipment? Or the mechanical screeching?
Roughly 1:58 mark the tumbling bass sound. She did it on the unsullied master first, then again when she was riding it on the ship another season. I seem to remember hearing it at least 3 times.
I'm fine with the screeching. Another thing that annoyed me wearing pretty decent headphones loud for my marathon is the background noise often used in EVERY town scene. You can hear the conversations and while not terrible it was so annoying after awhile. You could tell they just brought people in sat them down and said talk like you are in the dark ages for 5 hours.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm sure they have contracts with the cable providers limiting when they can release episode to the same time they air on cable.

Episode was great, probably in the top 5 of the series for me.