GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He isn't. I don't think a main character has ever been killed off-screen.

Did the hound die off screen? I can't recall that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Show stannis is confirmed dead, book stannis is ambiguous. We know hes alive as of theon 1 chapter of winds, but we also know that it's not in chronological order and that chapter happens before the last jon chapter of dance.

For me, the show pretty much confirmed the jon chapter, that ramsay killed stannis and smashed his army at the end of dance, hence he's dead.

Winter arrived at the end of dance, officially. White raven from old town and all.
the show is taking liberties with its characters. shit like sansa married to ramsay or no other stark except bran being a warg or how clusterfucked dorne is proof that its its own thing and now only sometimes confirms book stuff.

Tenks

The Dorne storyline would be more powerful in the source than the show. They didn't do Dorne any favors in the show and it would probably end in typical GRRM fashion where Doran is finally ready to spin the wheels of his master plan he was spinning but then gets cut down by the Sand Snakes. That is pretty much how all the major deaths occur in this show (Jon and Robb being prime examples.) I don't recall in the show Doran even really revealing he was working behind the scenes on forging alliances to ensure victory in the coming war.

Tenks

There was a brief scene with Roose and Ramsay, where Roose asks Ramsay which man struck the killing blow on Stannis, and Ramsay said he wasn't sure. To me that confirmed that they found his body.
I took it as Ramsay didn't want to tell Roose he didn't confirm the kill

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I definitely read that as Roose knowing they had Stannis's body but being curious who had the kill shot. I don't believe Roose, as careful as he is, would simply assume Stannis is dead.

I will say it's weird that they cut away from the killing scene last season, though. Hopefully just a bad editing choice and not a hint of him maybe still being alive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no actor who plays mannis sightings on the set this year, so if he isnt really dead we wont be seeing him til next season. hes fricking dead, he would be with brienne if he was still alive.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Stannis actor doesn't even like the show, admitted he was only in it for the $$$. He did his duty because no other man on our seven continents could have. He is done and gone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder why they would end him like that then. I mean I get Brienne killing him, but why not show anything.