GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Does anyone think the Umbers could be trying to play Ramsay and the wolf head a fake?
I hope, but you can't argue with the idea that he's just doing it for protection from the wildings

Rose is dead, the Starks are out of power, umber has to do wha it takes to protect himself.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't think they are tricking him because it's a pretty compelling reason. The idea did occur to me though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure what they gain from turning Rick on over to Lord Psycho if they are somehow tricking him. Pretty much has to be legit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. They could have sworn loyalty and likely gotten the same protection. Only reason I can think of not swearing in a period where oaths are important is if they plan to break them. Then they hand over a Stark so it's kind of strange.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought this was a good episode. I think the writing is better this season so far.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought this was a good episode. I think the writing is better this season so far.
Yeah I actually really liked this episode, other than ToJ resolution blue balling. Story lines are actually progressing...at least some of them. Honestly worst part of the season so far to me is all the King's Landing stuff. Mostly just posturing against High Sparrow and shit. The Small Council scene was just odd.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. They could have sworn loyalty and likely gotten the same protection. Only reason I can think of not swearing in a period where oaths are important is if they plan to break them. Then they hand over a Stark so it's kind of strange.
They just want the favor without bending the knee or kissing the ring. Like the dude said. Fuck your oaths and all that bullshit. But here's a gift for you to prove we're in. Oaths aren't particularly important when almost every one since the start of the show has been broken. He's talking to a guy who just killed his father, step mom, and brother. Which he also alluded to all that not exactly being the world's best kept secret.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Man in the tree's dialog is so bad. There were a few other scenes with totally flat dialogue too.

But then the rest of the episode was good.

I always liked the Umbers, I thought they would've had the Stark's backs. I'm hoping that the books will be different and this is just some bullshit literary license taken by the show writers.
Same goes for the ultimate fate of Doran. Glad to see that Jon isn't all half there like Berrick. Guessing we'll never see Arya use the Stark genetic cheat code.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I also thought the Umbers were going along with things because the Greatjon was captured in the book. Will be interesting to see the differences.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well they chinced up the ToJ scene. I can deal with them changing the numbers up and giving Dayne dual wield and the fight choreography was pretty good (but please, calling anything better than Sand Snake combat is hardly a compliment). But why abbreviate one of the best exchanges of dialog from the book? What exactly did they cut it short for? I normally would want all the Tyrion they'll give me but I'd have gladly traded 30 seconds of that pointless awkwardness with Grey Worm for the full ToJ exchange. They need to lean on what little bit of specific dialog from GRMM that they have left to them because that is one of the areas where their writing is the most inconsistent.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Echo the comments about dialog. They miss Martin and the books there for sure. No complaints with the overall plot other than with so much going on we only get like 5 minutes from each character.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well they cut one of the Kingsguard that had lines in the book. Maybe that's why they cut some out? They could have just reassigned the dialog though. I just don't understand why they couldn't hire one more guy for that scene.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya the writing this season is all over the place. Decent episode but following 5+ story arcs week in week out is a bit draining. Enjoyed the fight scene though

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Umber part. There's nothing to indicate its a ruse... Umber wouldn't act alone (in the show). His concerns and need for alliance are completely reasonable from his perspective. With the Greatjon dead anyone who had "true" alleigance to the Starks in House Umber is gone. If the Manderlys and the Northern Plot come to fruition or are in any way real at all remains to be seen. There was no primer in the beginning to remind us who the Umbers were or anything so I am highly skeptical of any shenanigans going on. Like, if they showed the Greatjon saying how awesome Robb Stark was back in season one. Then yeah, its totally a ruse. But they didn't so we're led to believe that Smalljon Lord Umber gave over Rickon the moment his father died and the Wildling threat became apparent.

I mean guys, the show is subtle occasionally. But not very often.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Might just be a production goof, but Shaggy Dog's head seemed too small to be a Dire Wolf. I'd like to think Umber is playing Ramsay, but I don't know why he'd risk Rickon (lol is he fucking 15 now?) unless that's not Rickon. Random wolf head + random kid = Ramsay Backstab Inc?