GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Had Bran ever left a vision on his own previously? I thought so far all the flashbacks it's been Bloodraven that has pulled him out of them. Does Bran know how to do it himself yet? He might have been stuck in there and forced to warg past-Hodor because of that.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
She hides Needle under rocks near the house of black and white in the books, from what I remember.

However, after she does this, she seems to give herself over to the training. I thought there was potential for her to essentially learn more, and then maybe go back and get rid of Needle for real, or even just forget it's there. It wouldn't be too far fetched even, to say that she does this, but then something snaps her out of it and she ends up retrieving it.

I don't really have any other basis for the idea that Arya might actually be a full FM from the books, just that given how often things basically go in the worst direction possible, it seemed possible.

The show definitely seems to point to Arya not being as committed as the books though.

Varys is probably the only dude in all of Westeros who actually seems to care about peace, was the way I saw it. He serves the Targs, because that is the only way to bring it about, or rather, in Dany he sees the potential for a great ruler.

That doesn't explain Viserys and his support there, but from the scene that Arya witnesses in book 1, it had seemed that the undermining was mainly done to take the Lannisters out of power, not necessarily the Baratheons.

Edit:

When Varys kills Kevan, he says something like, Kevan is a good man and he would do well, but he needs the realm unstable so the Targs can take it easier. First part is not verbatim but it's close, second part is just conjecture. I thought in one of Varys' talks with Ned or someone, he mentions that he tried to get Robert to listen to him, or tried to help him see past some of the Lannisters machinations. I just reread book 1, but there were actually quite a few personal convos witnessed from Varys that I can't quite remember who he told what.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think Jon is probably the one person Arya wouldn't kill.
But wouldn't it be her ultimate test, to prove that she is no one? Jon Snow cheated death. But you can argue that he replaced his death with 4 more people so it might level it out. Maybe.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I always saw Varys as the most intelligent and knowledgeable character in the books. Followed closely by Tyrion and Littlefinger.
I think Varys is somewhat unique where he does actually care about the realm more than himself. He doesn't seek out lordships, lands or titles he just tries to guide the realm as best he can from King's Landing. I don't think he is ever attempting to sit on an ash throne like Littlefinger or constantly seeking notoriety and glory like Tyrion. I think at worst Varys is chaotic good. Where I'd say Tyrion is more lawful neutral and Littlefinger lawful evil.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_134461.jpg

Szlia

Not a big fan of the "Let's add three rules no one knew about to make the plot move forward" bit with the Night King touching Bran. Also, good luck fleeing the White Walkers! And btw only Bronn and Gendry left.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Zombie Hodor inc...

Seriously. He wasn't burned or anything, so if you think the feels are bad now wait until he's chasing Bran shouting brains!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't know how the Night's King in the show can be the Night's King in the book from legend. In the book, the Night's King fell in love with a White Walker. How could that Night's King fall in love with a white walker... but the Night's King in the show is clearly being shown to be the first White Walker? I think this is just a place where the book and show again diverge. The Night's King moniker was probably just deemed cool, so the show applied it to the leader of the White Walkers.
Is the guy we saw in the flash back the current Night's King, or just the first white walker?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The reasons behind varys actions likely go back to when he lost his junk and why he was chosen in the first place. He is also BFF with yllirio in pentos and thats how dany got her start

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit is tv-Sansa a better character than book-Sansa. Sophie Turner nailing it.
Well TV Sansa's story is quite a bit farther along and on a different path from book Sansa. Presumably book Sansa will eventually stop being a moron too.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was a mind-fuck right in the feels.

FxB3m.gif
I've been upset all day, and am wondering when this feeling will pass. As the showrunner said in an interview yesterday, this death is more painful because Hodor is an innocent born into a terrible world.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed. Arya is going to kill someone soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jon.
Okay I used to think this but isn't there a thing in the books where Faceless men can't kill anyone they know or knew? When Arya is on the ship to Braavos and all the guys are like, remember my face, because they know where she is going because of the coin.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong and maybe this is just a theory and not fact.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah those three were easily the top 3 players in "the game," and it was cool that they all have their own, I guess specializations (Tyrion is good at adapting to new circumstances and turning them to his advantage, Varys has his information network and works from behind the scenes, Littlefingers works people against eachother and takes advantage of the results to play the long game and slowly build his status) and that each of these specializations matched the characters and their background.

Now instead of having three badass players in the field going after their own ends, you've got Littlefingers as basically a side player who's not managing to achieve anything of consequence while Tyrion and Varys are BFF's who've hitched their wagon to Dany's fame. It kinda takes away from the political side of things.
You're retarded if you think Littlefinger is done scheming. I'm convinced everything he told Sansa is a lie and he's plotting a way to come out on top, either by joining Ramsay against the Starks, or plotting something after Ramsay is defeated. He didn't travel the whole way to see Sansa just to say he made a mistake and was sorry. Can't believe she would believe anything he has to say after everything he's done to her and her family.

Cybsled

You're retarded if you think Littlefinger is done scheming. I'm convinced everything he told Sansa is a lie and he's plotting a way to come out on top, either by joining Ramsay against the Starks, or plotting something after Ramsay is defeated. He didn't travel the whole way to see Sansa just to say he made a mistake and was sorry. Can't believe she would believe anything he has to say after everything he's done to her and her family.
LF bringing Sansa a gift like Ramsey would probably help. Of course, LF would want to make sure Rickon can't produce any heirs and Jon is never legitimized, though.

Siliconemelons

Littlefinger also, I think is still in love with Sansa passed on from his love for Kat. So, who knows imo what he is up to... but it's not "lulz sorry ramsay raped u, want an army?...no? Oh k, lub u"

Also.. I mentioned in the other thread.. But did bran mean to special ed hodor? Or was it because he was for some reason stuck in the ward vision and had to control "now" hodor via "then" hodor and that jacked his brain up?