GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it's terrible story telling because it's been 3 goddamn years without a hint of it happening, no breadcrumbs or foundation laid for it to occur. All they really would of needed is just a bit of dialogue mentioning the BWOB, that they thought they broke up? oh I heard they finally killed the lightning knight (Beric). Yeah, they're being lead by a woman now. etc.

They could of done stuff like that to set themselves up if, and left it opened ended, if they decided to use LSH or not. But they chose not to, so it's stupid now.

All that stuff started 3 days after the red wedding (in the books) starting with Arya pulling her body out of the river via Nymeria. And the "twist" comes 1/3 of a book later, when it's revealed who it is. There's been nothing in the TV show. What the fuck has she been doing for 3 years? did they dig her skeletal remains up and res her just now? seriously?

more goddamn work was done having benjen come back and even that seemed out of left field, and he's literally just a McGuffin who serves no purpose other than advancing plot. Show has referenced benjen, having the night's watch commander lead an expedition to find benjen, bringing him back up again as a means of tricking jon snow, etc, over the various seasons. If they were going to do LSH they should of did it right, doing it now is jumping the shark for no reason other than book purist fan service.

It's TV guys. You do it once with an insignificant character (Beric), just to show that it's possible, so that later you can use it on an important character (jon snow). they're bringing the hound back probably next episode, though he was only "left for dead". if they introduce LSH this late in the game it's just shit TV, viewers will expect them to res every character that ever died and death has no meaning.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it's terrible story telling because it's been 3 goddamn years without a hint of it happening, no breadcrumbs or foundation laid for it to occur. All they really would of needed is just a bit of dialogue mentioning the BWOB, that they thought they broke up? oh I heard they finally killed the lightning knight (Beric). Yeah, they're being lead by a woman now. etc.

They could of done stuff like that to set themselves up if, and left it opened ended, if they decided to use LSH or not. But they chose not to, so it's stupid now.

All that stuff started 3 days after the red wedding (in the books) starting with Arya pulling her body out of the river via Nymeria. And the "twist" comes 1/3 of a book later, when it's revealed who it is. There's been nothing in the TV show. What the fuck has she been doing for 3 years? did they dig her skeletal remains up and res her just now? seriously?

more goddamn work was done having benjen come back and even that seemed out of left field, and he's literally just a McGuffin who serves no purpose other than advancing plot. Show has referenced benjen, having the night's watch commander lead an expedition to find benjen, bringing him back up again as a means of tricking jon snow, etc, over the various seasons. If they were going to do LSH they should of did it right, doing it now is jumping the shark for no reason other than book purist fan service.

It's TV guys. You do it once with an insignificant character (Beric), just to show that it's possible, so that later you can use it on an important character (jon snow). they're bringing the hound back probably next episode, though he was only "left for dead". if they introduce LSH this late in the game it's just shit TV, viewers will expect them to res every character that ever died and death has no meaning.
this is all assuming they are going to bring her character back and not just have Uncat's actions reflected in other characters such as the BWOB. for all we know gendry returned there and is now leader and he is ruthless as LSH.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
trailer for next week showed Bronn.

The way the King's landing stuff played out took me by surprise, and also suddenly SNAP! Remember Ep1? because here's me I'm alive and well.

Cybsled

Ya, LSH would come across as a shark jump moment in the show. Plus in the book, Brienne hasn't found Sansa yet, but she has in the show. If she has Sansa and Sansa is safe, it kind of confuses the whole rage wraith thing when she tries to hang Brienne.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't assuming they were going to introduce LSH, I was stating why it's obviously a shit idea and weak story telling if they did pull it out of their ass. As much shit as the writers get whenever they change anything from the books, I doubt they are that bad.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I really like LSH in the story, but I mostly agree. They missed their chance if they wanted to do it, doing it now would be dumb.

They might not, they could take it a different way. But it really seems like they're about to do it. Reintroducing the Freys, reminding the audience of Cat and the Red Wedding, lining them up in the Riverland, Brianne and Pod and Jamie, itreallyseems like they are doing it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It does fall into the "why the fuck do we care?" aspect of storytelling endemic to a work like this. Given that there are tons of potential areas that could be shown, the fact that they choose to show this bit means it has some greater significance.

Then again Dorne...so maybe not.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I also hope they leave out Stoneheart. The best thing Cat ever did for her family was die.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can see them doing LSH just because they want to, "blow up the internet" or something fucking dumb like that. Not hard to believe in this case really. But what will they say about what she's been doing for the past 3 seasons?

Oh, you know, zombie stuff. But then again I guess they didn't need to explain what Benjen had been doing as a wight up in the North... alone for the past 5 seasons either.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I can see them doing LSH just because they want to, "blow up the internet" or something fucking dumb like that. Not hard to believe in this case really. But what will they say about what she's been doing for the past 3 seasons?

Oh, you know, zombie stuff. But then again I guess they didn't need to explain what Benjen had been doing as a wight up in the North... alone for the past 5 seasons either.
Or how Benjen didn't help any of the other very ill-fated expeditions in the north, or help Bran when he needed it before, or Jon, or anybody. But shows up to deus ex just in time now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I can't see how they bring Catelyn back this late as Lady Stoneheart, she's been in the river for like months to years now in the tv show, not days like in the books.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I can't see how they bring Catelyn back this late as Lady Stoneheart, she's been in the river for like months to years now in the tv show, not days like in the books.
How do you know? Just because she hasn't been on the show doesn't mean she's been dead in the river. She could've been LSH all this time and not been shown. Bran wasn't in one single episode last season, that doesn't mean he was in suspended animation.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, since they haven't shown shit with the Frey's or the Brotherhood since season 3, Beric could have given her the gift right after the wedding and she's been leading the Brotherhood this entire time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, they could have her resurrected several days later by Beric like in the book. But then you run into the same problem. How was Zombie Cat running around the Riverlands the past three seasons and absolutely nobody even brought it up? It falls into the same dumbass shit with the Ironborn going on now. Oh, we clearly abandoned that plotline when we had Daario steal the equal number of ships last season. Only for the writers to realize that they have to both resolve the Northern storyline AND have something that isn't shitty Dorne to focus on for the other characters.

The Benjen thing is silly though. I totally get why they combined the characters and all. But just like Cad said. Benjen even told them his mission was to find the WW (which can't possibly be accurate since they were trying to discover why the Wildling encampents were being abandoned). But he was attacked by the WW, saved by the Children... then didn't bother even trying to complete his mission and tell the Night's Watch that the WW were out there. Could have avoided the entire Great Ranging/ Fist of the First Men problem that way.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
RE:A few pages Back

Cersei being guilty of Incest wont effect Tommens Reign.

They only have proof and admission of her time with Lancel. If they had proof on Jaime he would be locked up too. The affair with Lancel casts no shadows on Tommen's parentage, as Lancel isnt that much older than Joffrey, and only happened a few years ago. As far ast he sparrow is concerned, the only crime she committed was Incest after her husband died.

I dont get the complaint that LSH couldnt have been running around the last few years without anyone knowing....Who would? She would be leading a band of guerilla fighters and no characters have come across them.

The last time we saw a beric led BWOB they were defending the small folk from The Lannisters and the Mountain. That was the war they were fighting. The Lannisters have left the Riverlands. The fact that the BWOB is now chipping away at the Freys is a major change. Its not the Freys are pillaging their own lands. Why would the BWOB change their purpose from protecting commoners from the war, to attacking a major house that just rose to power ? Falls in line with either LSH or a surrogate.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How was Zombie Cat running around the Riverlands the past three seasons and absolutely nobody even brought it up?
Exactly.

I mean I'm not saying its beyond them to do it, I'm saying if they did it, the show might very well jump the shark at that moment.

Its plugging along now, for the most part, doing most things sufficiently, but holy shit the sort of contortions they would have to pull to pull it off I think would stretch credibility.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Exactly.

I mean I'm not saying its beyond them to do it, I'm saying if they did it, the show might very well jump the shark at that moment.

Its plugging along now, for the most part, doing most things sufficiently, but holy shit the sort of contortions they would have to pull to pull it off I think would stretch credibility.
I always thought that whole riverlands plot in the books was gay anyway and was pretty happy when they abandoned it in the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It seems that Riverlands was abandoned, and I was fine with that. But they run into the problem of WTF is Jamie supposed to be do now? Oh, lets give him part of the riverlands plot so he can go do some shit.

Riverlands is now the vehicle to get Jamie, Brienne, Bron, Blackfish, and Pod to meet up again. But why?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Did I miss something in the show or is this LSH talk just theorycrafting? Was there some hint that LSH would actually be on the show at this point?