GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One thing is for sure, half of the people here are retarded. On other message boards people are writing one or two post theories on how she lives. On this board you guys have pages and pages of discussion on how faceless men change looks. Jesus Christ, she lives, just post your idea and be done with it.

It's a fantasy show the writers can do whatever they want, more then likely she faked the stabbing using armor, pigs blood, whatever. Yes the writing has become a little lazy. It's still entertaining.
This is why it's so hard to read the movie thread with you guys. either you absolutely love or hate things.
We are a passionate people.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Here's my reasoning. If Arya does not best the Waif through her own guile and is just saved by Jaqen, Lady Crane, or some other random character she bumps into next episode then this entire arc is weak. Or just a complete waste again. What the fuck was he point of all the blind fighting training (building the Waif as spiteful cunt and building Arya's personal strength of character) if none of it mattered against her primary antagonist.
What does the arc matter if she stays either? She gets punished for killing Meryn Trant, someone on her list. Jaqen even promised her she'd get to kill people on her list. She was punished/poisoned for stealing the face and taking a life, which had to be "paid with a life".The blindess wasnt presented as training in the show, she didn't become Dare Devil, she didn't learn to wax on/wax off. She gets punished for killing someone on her list, she gets taken back and told to kill some random that she doesn't have any reason to kill.

The show version of Arya has no motivation to stay with the FM, they aren't giving her anything. Maybe GRR had a different intention, like how in the books the blindness was training, but the shows writers wrote her character into this corner, and the logical choice--even at the expense of the story arc--would be to jet. The writers put Arya in this position, her character would be stupid to stay.

I'd think she might have been convinced to stay if she was allowed to get revenge, but disregard her morals and kill random people when told. Shed end up dying on the inside and becoming no one, revenge and consumes her, her personality decays as her morals are broken, and she stops caring/forgets the list before its complete because she stops being "someone"

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest complaint this season is most of the cast seems to just be drifting about unlike the past where they all seemed to have clear motivations.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The whole FM arc for Arya has been a huge disappointment and doesn't even mesh with what's going on with the rest of the characters. It was more fun when she was with the Hound. Are we to believe she is supposed to train long enough to be some super assassin, and then what? How does that help in the end against the WW invasion? I doubt GRRM had this planned out too well.

I think Arya should have stayed in westeros and been a warg. If the 3 youngest Stark kids were wargs they could be fucking shit up in the WW battle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The whole FM arc for Arya has been a huge disappointment and doesn't even mesh with what's going on with the rest of the characters. It was more fun when she was with the Hound. Are we to believe she is supposed to train long enough to be some super assassin, and then what? How does that help in the end against the WW invasion? I doubt GRRM had this planned out too well.
Well I doubt it helps against the WW invasion but not every part of the story has to. I think the 5 year time lapse (or however long it was supposed to be) that was originally planned after book 3 would have sufficed to say that she at least a little bit of training.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did Arya know the Waif would gutstab her? Does she know that gutstab is the most painful way to go and that the Waif hates her that much? Maybe. but they never communicate that in any way so its the same as it not happening in a TV show. Which is deceptive, shitty writing.
Right, which is the main reason I don't like the fake blood scenario. There are a million ways the waif could have killed her without gut-stabbing her. Arya banking on that particular way and then being lucky enough to be right is technically possible, but kind of meh. I'll also throw in how did Arya know she would be attacked by the canal so she could use it as an escape route. Again, she could have been playing the odds and been right, but meh.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
She had no way of knowing it would even be carried with weapons. The FM clearly use poison or stage accidents. Lot of good that blood pouch does when you're strangling to death like Joffrey.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, we've repeatedly established that the fake blood theory makes no goddamn sense. That doesn't mean the writers won't use it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe Arya is daydreaming a way to explain her first period. She no longer has a mother or older sister around to explain these sorts of things afterall.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe Arya is daydreaming a way to explain her first period. She no longer has a mother or older sister around to explain these sorts of things afterall.
If Anne Rice was the creative genius behind this, that would definitely be the situation.