GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess they have defined that Edmure is a bit of a bitch previously. You would think a few years of captivity would have built up a bit of a callous, though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Jaime basically said I'll kill you, your wife, your kid and everyone else to get back home. Edmure, even given his situation and how the kid was born, still apparently wants to see his kid and also not be murdered himself. That's what I got from all that and why Edmure did what he did.
Tenks point was that Edmure already knew Jaime would do that shit anyway. Why was that such a revelation? The difference being though that Jaime wasn't his captor, the freys were, until Jaime showed up. So I guess it does kind of make sense. Still really underwhelming.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It is kind of funny we had all these convoluted theories on how Arya is fine after getting gut stabbed but the actual answer is "Nah she's just fine. Walk it off."
Because the thought that she could survive such a horrendous wound with some thread and bandages was so ludicrous it required theories. The only thing that went through my mind when the actress prattled off about how she has experience in patching people up was "omg, they aren't really going to insult our intelligence this much, are they"?

I mean, if they wanted to go that route why not have her stabbed once? Why do the multiple stabs + the "twist"? Just so you can generate some fake climax?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I thought all the Hound scenes were very good. Edmure/Jaime was well acted, just too jarring and rushed. Worst scene still has to go to Tyrion/Greyworm comedy relief or the Blackfish "you escape, I'll keep them busy" clich?.

Khane

And The Hound being The Hound.

EDIT: Meaning those scenes were great, because anything with The Hound is always great.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah that was definitely a high point of the episode. Khaleesi walking through the balcony door right as the ships were attacking almost made my eyes roll out of my head.

Khane

I'm wondering if the reason her scenes always suck is because the writers/creators realized they miscast the shit out of that role. She is such a bad actress. How do you write anything meaningful for such a terrible actress?

"Just have her walk around stoically for a bit, make sure we don't give her any lines"

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I predict we've seen the last of Jaime/Bronn, Sandor, and Arya for this season. Way too much stuff to wrap up in 1 ep IMO if next is all bastardbowl. Still not sure how they squeeze in Bran/ToJ, Cersei vs faith resolution, Dany vs slavers resolution all in 1 episode without taking huge leaps.

Tenks

Speaking of acting I always wonder how difficult it is for a professional actor to play an actor. Because you obviously have to act a bit "badly" to convey that you're an on-screen actor. I was alerted to it when the actress who plays Cersei was doing her monologue. It was clearly over acted and I just wondered if acting poorly is difficult for good actors. I'd guess not because intentionally over acting wouldn't be too much more different than other direction.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm wondering if the reason her scenes always suck is because the writers/creators realized they miscast the shit out of that role. She is such a bad actress. How do you write anything meaningful for such a terrible actress?

"Just have her walk around stoically for a bit, make sure we don't give her any lines"
lolwat? Emilia Clarke does just fine when the writing isn't trash. The sack of Astapor is quite possibly the best scene in the entire series. Danaerys is just a terrible character with consistently bad dialogue, I doubt there is an actress in the world who could pull off that terrible writing.The only other things I've seen her in were Futurama and Terminator, and it's hard to judge her performance in Terminator when every part of the movie was awful.

*edit*

I mean Michael Fassbender is an amazing actor, and even he couldn't salvage Magneto's garbage dialogue in Apocalypse.

Siliconemelons

At least they explained why the "brotherhood" would do something that seems to be against their goal - it was and beric was handing out proper punishment and pissed they dragged the brotherhoods name in the mud. So at least they had some proper continuity there and explained things.

And are the unsullied down to like 10 members left? what happened to her massive army? I know that many got killed in the revolt etc. but, cmon.

Also I like that the Jamie redemption arc is done, they keep trying to move him into where he could be considered a "good guy" and then nope - the books just not there yet if I remember most book people are like Jamie is redeemed and he is a better person now! The show is like "nope, evil cunt lover still"

Tenks

I think she has a large standing army but didn't want to fight at such a disadvantageous position hence why they wanted to draw the main forces to the pyramid

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At least they explained why the "brotherhood" would do something that seems to be against their goal - it was and beric was handing out proper punishment and pissed they dragged the brotherhoods name in the mud. So at least they had some proper continuity there and explained things.

And are the unsullied down to like 10 members left? what happened to her massive army? I know that many got killed in the revolt etc. but, cmon.
There are plenty of unsullied left. Light infantry are somewhat unsuited for engaging ships in combat.

Siliconemelons

There are plenty of unsullied left. Light infantry are somewhat unsuited for engaging ships in combat.
I know in the current situation, I am just saying in general... and yeah 10k people sitting on the dock with spears aint how u fight. And also if we take time frames as displayed, not "assumed" how did varys make it out on his ship in time lol and or not notice a huge invading fleet! lol