GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rickon was stupid. He should have run zig zagging so Ramsay couldn't gauge how to lead him with arrows. What's the deal with Winterfell? One little bitty door that Wun Wun could knock down in 2 minutes. I thought these castles were prepared to repel sieges. At least riverrun had a moat and a draw bridge to make it harder to access. How long did Ramsay think he could hole up in that impenetrable fortress called Winterfell?
Winterfell is a complete joke. Didn't Theon sack it with like 10 guys? Which raises the question, where the fuck would all those men have been garrisoned if Jon actually did have the supplies for a siege?

I think the reason Winterfell is so much less of a fortress than the other castles in Westeros is because of how ridiculous it is to march around the North with a large army in the first place. Which the show completely ignores. I mean the North is not a terribly hospitable place even when winter isn't beginning. Or maybe it's just the show where Winterfell is a joke. IIRC in the books it was Ramsay who sacked Winterfell, not Theon. and he presumably had at least a reasonably respectable force of men with him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm glad Rickon is dead. Nothing against him, I just didn't want another story line to follow.
I told my wife that when Shaggy Dog died Rickon was already dead. There's quite a parallel with a dire wolf dying and a character dying.

When Lady was killed Sansa was no longer Sansa Stark - she was just passed around like a dirty whore. She was dead. Of course you can say she is now reborn, but we don't exactly know where she's going.

Same thing with Bran - his wolf died when he ascended to whatever the hell he's doing.

Only ones left are nymeria and ghost

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty sure when Littlefinger met Sansa at Molestown the Knights of the Vale were in the North with him and never left.
Where were they staying? Did no one see a neutral force just hanging out in the middle of the North and thought "Yep that sounds about right." Not to mention you'd think Jon would catch wind of it and would plead to LF himself. But nope no one ever saw the phantom Vale army until they came in at the last possible second to save the day and complete the trope.

Cad

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Only ones left are nymeria and ghost
Neither of which have been on screen in... how long? Ghost was totally MIA. I thought it would be fitting for Ramsay to be killed by Ghost, it'd be "you have dogs? You call those dogs?" Ghost enters... Ramsay goes white... hear screaming and cut scene.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Neither of which have been on screen in... how long? Ghost was totally MIA. I thought it would be fitting for Ramsay to be killed by Ghost, it'd be "you have dogs? You call those dogs?" Ghost enters... Ramsay goes white... hear screaming and cut scene.
Nymeria hasn't been on screen since Arya cast her away I think, season 1 or 2??

Ghost we haven't seen since episode 1?

I thought Ghost was going to come out and kill Ramsay at the end, but then I remembered his dogs and that was much more satisfying to watch. It would've been even better if they showed later everyone having a feast and eating dog.

Tenks

Really, him getting eaten by his own dogs wasn't on your radar as #1 most probable way Ramsey goes out?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Where were they staying? Did no one see a neutral force just hanging out in the middle of the North and thought "Yep that sounds about right." Not to mention you'd think Jon would catch wind of it and would plead to LF himself. But nope no one ever saw the phantom Vale army until they came in at the last possible second to save the day and complete the trope.
LF specifically told Sansa that the Knights of the Vale were waiting at Moat Cailin when they met in Mole's Town. I honestly wonder if half of what you guys consider plot holes or impossible travel times are in fact you missing direct dialogue between major characters. LF has definitely been porting around, though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Listen man, if these details worry you this much you're probably really going to dislike the rest of this show.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really, him getting eaten by his own dogs wasn't on your radar as #1 most probable way Ramsey goes out?
It was on my radar when he was sitting in the room, before that I thought Jon might have just kept punching his head until it was squished like Oberon's

Tenks

Listen man, if these details worry you this much you're probably really going to dislike the rest of this show.
Like I said the show used to cover it's tracks and not do shit like this. Possibly I am just setting myself up to be disappointed in the rest of the show but the writing and overarching plot of this season is far, far below that of the previous seasons.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I definitely think we've reached a point were a lot of the people here are starting the episode with the plate of cat shit already under their nose. Possibly they started the whole season that way since it's the first one that is ahead of the books. Seriously folks, it's a lot more enjoyable to watch TV shows for the story and not pick them apart so much. It's also a lot more enjoyable to read this thread when there aren't a bunch of people doing that.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I definitely think we've reached a point were a lot of the people here are starting the episode with the plate of cat shit already under their nose. Possibly they started the whole season that way since it's the first one that is ahead of the books. Seriously folks, it's a lot more enjoyable to watch TV shows for the story and not pick them apart so much. It's also a lot more enjoyable to read this thread when there aren't a bunch of people doing that.
Listen up you shitlord, knowing how the fuck the knights of the vale knew where to be or what to do, how they were fucking supplied, thats essentially theMOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!!!

Caliane

death by hound was completely expected for ramsay, but i think they caved a little by not showing his raw skull face still screaming as they tore him to shreds and ate him.
yes. they should have pulled a Gus. Ramsey with half a face and no jaw standing up, having been chewed up enough to have the bindings loose.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Like I said the show used to cover it's tracks and not do shit like this. Possibly I am just setting myself up to be disappointed in the rest of the show but the writing and overarching plot of this season is far, far below that of the previous seasons.
No, the books covered their tracks. I doubt we see anything that clever from here on out. All we have to hope for now is that the ending is satisfying. There's too little show time left and still way too much to cover for anything terribly surprising to happen.

What should have happened this episode? Ramsey wins, Jon dies and the show pivots to Dany and Cersie for the final dozen or so episodes? We're gearing up to watch Jon and Dany vs the ice monsters. There will be no curve balls to throw off the plan.

Cad

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
It was on my radar when he was sitting in the room, before that I thought Jon might have just kept punching his head until it was squished like Oberon's
That whole sequence was retarded, whether or not Jon picks up the shield if all my men are standing around letting a dude shoot arrows at me I'm going to execute some motherfuckers after that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I forgot to mention this was yet another coming out party for Dany. That dude is going back to slavers bay to tell them "Hey you remember that girl with the baby dragons who we foolishly gave a few thousand soldiers to and she embarrassed us with them? Well we went to pay her back and it turns out that now she has 3 big dragons and a gigantic army and is basically an unstoppable killing machine that we have zero chance of resisting."

It's going to be interesting to see this play out because Dany is now about 100X more powerful than any other force on the planet with the possible exception of the army of the dead. I can't see the Lannisters, Starks, Tyrells, et al even attempting to resist her with the force she has now.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Listen up you shitlord, knowing how the fuck the knights of the vale knew where to be or what to do, how they were fucking supplied, thats essentially theMOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!!!
As I've been saying awhile now, many of you have no soul.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which is why Dany has to be weakened somewhat for the entire Dany/Westeros vs the WW war not to be dragonfire just burning the entire army of the dead in like five minutes. Currently she is at her absolute strongest. The Slavers have been brought to heel. The entire Dothraki race has been subjugated and pledged to her and the Iron Fleet has arrived to bring her ships.

Anything in Westeros is hilariously weak at this point comparatively.