GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually, after re-watching that scene last night I got the impression that Jon HAD to charge forward, as arrows were loosed and if he had charged back he would have been skewered. Once he had made the stupid and fatal mistake of being baited out onto the field to save Rickon, the only way was forward.
While this may be physically true, if they wanted this to be his motivation, they should have showed him reacting to the arrows in some way. I don't remember him doing anything but glaring impotently at Ramsay.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of the charge of the Rohirrim, didn't the show make it a pretty huge point that Jon wassignificantlyoutnumbered? And didn't they also focus in on the fact that Ramsay had a fuckload more cavalry? I think Tormund even mentioned how cavalry is what fucked them again Stannis and they stood no chance with how many horses Ramsay had, right? So, how the fuck did Jon's lines not get just completely fucking enveloped when the few cavalry he had charged in?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I believe the trenches they dug are what stopped the Bolton cavalry from pincering them. Didn't stop the Phalanx though.

As much as I like reading into things and I like the theory that Tuco posted. But I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Occam's Razor and all its much more likely that the plot was written to fit the scene, which wasn't the case in earlier seasons when the plot was good enough to fit the scene. If that makes some sense. Jon is just a moron, there isn't any real explanation of it other than making his scenes more dramatic. Much like the Season 4 Darth Sansa tease that ended up being bullshit in Season 5.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
reddit post that put the battle of the bastards in perspective.

Wall of text . . .
Looks like someone who's studying film theory at University wrote that. "I know, I can impress the guys on Reddit with this . . ."

It's all interesting and all, with a lot of work put into it. But it's all just conjecture, 100% conjecture. Based on what? Kit Harrington's performance here and there. This expression or a reaction to some turn of events in his character's plot.

As great as GoT is ( I'm in highest praise of Battle of the Bastards ) as great as it is, I'm sure there's no where near that level of deep thought and planning going into it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Even Kit Harington describes the scene this way:
"When the crush starts happening, he slows down, and there's that thing of peace where he thinks: 'I could just stay here and let it all end.' "And then something drives him to fight up, and that moment when he comes up and grasps for breath, he is reborn again. . ."
Sounds like Kit intended to act it kinda that way. But yeah, who knows how the script writers/show runners intended it. Actors can add their own interpretations in their performances without a single other person from the entire production being on board with their thoughts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I swear if it is that damn harp that my friend was splooging about I come back here and take it out on you Astr0creep 3000.
Which is the fucking stupidest theory because it implies that Ned took Rhaegar's faggot harp from the Tower of Joy (or something) and interred it in the Winterfell Crypt. You know, so Jon would one day know.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Which is the fucking stupidest theory because it implies that Ned took Rhaegar's faggot harp from the Tower of Joy (or something) and interred it in the Winterfell Crypt. You know, so Jon would one day know.
Well my major gripe is the TV watchers don't know about this gay ass harp. Nor do they care.

Siliconemelons

Can't wait for the quick recap this episode with the mormont girl and they talk about losses and she is like "we lost none, brhaha!"

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"Promise me, Ned... Promise me... that you'll put this sweet harp in the crypt. Also take this baby with you."

khalid

Unelected Mod
Doesn't sound like that much of a stretch that she might have been interned with some items that meant a lot to her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like a bit of a stretch that Jon would dig up Lyanna while he was burying Rickon.

"Oh shit we're totally out of space, here Rickon you can go in with Aunt Lyanna. Whats this? Oh I guess she's my mom. Whatever, in you go." *clunk*

khalid

Unelected Mod
Seems like a bit of a stretch that Jon would dig up Lyanna while he was burying Rickon.

"Oh shit we're totally out of space, here Rickon you can go in with Aunt Lyanna. Whats this? Oh I guess she's my mom. Whatever, in you go." *clunk*
That would be dumb yeah, but having namesakes or things like that around her tomb isn't that big a stretch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a sneaking suspicion they wouldn't keep a keepsake of Rhaegar on a tomb that was visited several times by Robert.