GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Turtledove wrote tons of books on this topic (Civil War won by South, so they have their own country), so there is plenty of stuff to mine for this idea.

Man in the High Castle, as a book, also came out in the 60s and the show launched long before Trump as president was even a serious thought.

People tinting certain media to fit their own agenda isn't anything new. Hell, people have been doing that with the bible for centuries!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
By whom, again? Lannisters are on their last leg. I assume the city itself is still on the brink of an uprising because no food, or did that get solved somehow? I doubt highgarden is sending relief trucks.

It's a good bet that Cersei will send Jaime and a good share of the Lannister host to solve this in the near future.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey there is a invasion fleet selling are way. Maybe we should man this castle were leaving out here on the coast. Hint castles are built to give the defenders a tactical advantage. You place 500 are so defenders inside the castle and they will hold off 10000 attackers.

it doesn't sound like they can spare 500 men, and it's not like an understaffed fortress would stand a chance against three dragons anyways.

Besides, Cersei is far too busy with inner city and general westeros politics, and she had all capable advisors removed that could keep her up to date on the Targaryan situation.

Dragonstone being empty is just another example of Cersei fucking it up.

It's a good bet that Cersei will send Jaime and a good share of the Lannister host to solve this in the near future.

Doesn't Highgarden army outnumber the Lannisters 4:1 at this point?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Doesn't Highgarden army outnumber the Lannisters 4:1 at this point?

You would think so. The Lannister forces have been put through a meat grinder over the course of the show. She may call on some of the other houses still loyal to the crown to join in as well. But I don't see a cakewalk to the throne in the cards for Dani, in spite of the shortened season. Stripping away one or both of her major allies is almost expected.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I had to look at the map to remind myself of Westeros' geography, and if anyone is unaware, here it is... Look at how Dragonstone and King's Landing are positioned relative to each other in this attachment.

Lannister army must be hurting a lot more than the show has shown, or must be a lot stupider than we thought, for them to leave Dragonstone empty.

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That would kinda change things a lot. The Mountain being an undead frankenstein is probably not common knowledge, given he's always wearing a helmet in public, so Arya might walk into it. Without a head at all, though? Not falling for that...

I really need to catch up on the books it seems.

Book version is totally encapsulated in gleaming white platemail. This is just hard to do in the show obviously. Under that is chainmail and under that is boiled leather. He wears some full helm that you can only see darkness in. All of the other Kingsguard are scared shitless of him as he never talks, eats, drinks, shits, removes his helmet or anything even remotely human.

The guise they have for him is like, "he has taken a vow of silence until all evil has been driven from the realm." Nobody has questioned the obvious abomination other than Kevan who feels that it is important for the farce to continue.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

For me it is not believable that the Lannisters can contest the Reach. Like has been said. The Lannister forces have been put through the shit for the entire series. They just lost the Freys entirely and the Crownlands forces are not different from the Lannisters in the show. Given how many of the nobility of House Tyrell and their vassals died in the Wildfire Bomb there is zero chance the Reach would just betray house Tyrell over that.

The Lannisters required the Reach just to defeat Stannis. No way they can stand alone against them without some major shenanigans.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had to look at the map to remind myself of Westeros' geography, and if anyone is unaware, here it is... Look at how Dragonstone and King's Landing are positioned relative to each other in this attachment.

Lannister army must be hurting a lot more than the show has shown, or must be a lot stupider than we thought, for them to leave Dragonstone empty.

View attachment 149598
Wow, yeah, for some reason I had been thinking Dragonstone was further south towards Dorne. The fact that it sits at the entrance to the inlet that leads to King's Landing makes it a massive choke point for the city.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why these same people weren't bitching about The Man in the High Castle with it's Nazis-won alternate history. Too low profile for a liberal bitch fest I guess. I lean more left than right but fuck some leftists are retarded.

Most didn't, although Araysar found one article about it bitching. Anyone bitching about either just retarded. Both shows (or show and potential show) focus on pivotal points in history that would have drastically changed the world had they gone differently. Done well they are really interesting looks into what could have happened.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Something I just realized I haven't seen in theorycrafting: the Lannister owe a ton of money to the Iron Bank, right? The Iron Bank is probably to the point where they're going to financially back the Lannisters' enemies. There's one more big threat Cersri seems to not be thinking about.

I thought of it because I saw that the dude that runs the Iron Bank is confirmed as being in Seasons 7 and 8.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Something I just realized I haven't seen in theorycrafting: the Lannister owe a ton of money to the Iron Bank, right? The Iron Bank is probably to the point where they're going to financially back the Lannisters' enemies. There's one more big threat Cersri seems to not be thinking about.
Can you spoiler that? Never look up casting, now...fuck

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Can you spoiler that? Never look up casting, now...fuck

I figured it fell under the same umbrella as stuff like future episode descriptions, which we haven't been spoilering, but sure. It's spoilered

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I thought of it because I saw that the dude that runs the Iron Bank is confirmed as being in Seasons 7 and 8.

The Iron Bank is in the boat with Gendry still. Even though the Iron Bank itself funded Stannis because of Cersei's bullshit in the show.

Who knows if they'll come up again at all.

• 1Worf

Royal

I figured it fell under the same umbrella as stuff like future episode descriptions, which we haven't been spoilering, but sure. It's spoilered

Both should probably be weighed on a case by case basis really. The episode descriptions are almost always vague enough to hint at least a couple of different possibilities but occasionally some would probably be best wrapped in a spoiler tag. Casting announcements run a broader spectrum because it comes down to the individuals in question. Some of the roles are very narrow and knowing a particular actor will be appearing can have fairly specific implications. Dropping an Ian Mcshane scheduled appearance for this season, for example, would be very different from mentioning that Michelle Fairly (Cat Stark) would be showing up at some point even though both of their characters have died.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Both should probably be weighed on a case by case basis really. The episode descriptions are almost always vague enough to hint at least a couple of different possibilities but occasionally some would probably be best wrapped in a spoiler tag. Casting announcements run a broader spectrum because it comes down to the individuals in question. Some of the roles are very narrow and knowing a particular actor will be appearing can have fairly specific implications. Dropping an Ian Mcshane scheduled appearance for this season, for example, would be very different from mentioning that Michelle Fairly (Cat Stark) would be showing up at some point even though both of their characters have died.

Agreed. I figured the guy I was talking about was far enough from being a main character that it didn't matter. But apparently not *shrugs*.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
All of these things go in spoiler tags.