GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
"Drakkaris" is also the word she says when she wants them to burninate something, so that could be confusing as well.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
People are theorising all over that he may be Bolton's bastard that was sent to take WF. I don't see why it's illogical speculation, from their perspective he's the only character named in the show that it might be, otherwise he's a random no-one has heard about yet.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I expected the Dragon to at some point break away or kill the guy, I figured she might pull the oooh I actually speak your language and know you're insulting me (even though I question D's resolve to have remain so unfazed while being insulted constantly..especially with how annoying her character had been recently)...still credit where credit is due, I didn't think she'd have the balls to ransack the city itself, nice. Still I think in hindsight any moron so stupid to raise an army of Mercs without a "kill switch" to protect themselves from a clearly obvious scenario is really dumb and short sighted, for the time, effort, and thought put into cultivating such a commodity. This was quite possibly the best episode of the series yet.

Modo_sl

shitlord
Ha well, regardless of if we think people are full of shit / know they are full of shit, if we're removing posts from the other thread or you see posts being removed, don't quote it, refer to it, or anything outside of report the post. Anyone who was reading the thread and saw Jozu's dumb shit now knows that it's the case, simply because people are yelling at him in that thread for spoilers.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ha well, regardless of if we think people are full of shit / know they are full of shit, if we're removing posts from the other thread or you see posts being removed, don't quote it, refer to it, or anything outside of report the post. Anyone who was reading the thread and saw Jozu's dumb shit now knows that it's the case, simply because people are yelling at him in that thread for spoilers.
Jozu needs to be perma banned or sent to the rickshaw forever. Repeat offenses of posting spoilers shouldn't be tolerated. If you keep slapping people on the wrist they'll keep doing it.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
He's been like that kid in school you knew was stupid, and then he hands in a brilliantly written essay. Yeah, anyone is capable of writing a good paper, but you know he plagiarized the shit out of it and there's no way to prove it.

dyWfCRy.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
As a non book reader it was pretty obvious that the kid sweeping the floor wasn't theon's savior. And just based on the amount of facetime they give him it's obvious that he's somewhat important. The Lord Bolton though? That's pretty subtle. It's there if you know WHERE to look.

I wouldn't have thought that without spoilers. I would have thought "the local baron/sheriff who is loyal to House Bolton but (probably) acting without his express order/permission".

Edit: Basically the assumption is that Theon doesn't rate. "Theon doesn't rate" is basically Theon's defining characteristic. If he's gonna be tortured, it's not gonna be by someone who has ANYTHING better to do.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This was the best episode since blackwater. Everything was great and it was like a mini-finale.

It really does feel like she's going to load her new bros into a ship and go take over westeros, but nope. It's all downhill from here on that continent.

I'm watching this season with my wife and her friend. The friend commented after the show: "Well that episode was awesome, too bad this show is just the 'Robb Stark Show'" I can't wait for the Red Wedding. Oh so good.
hahahaha

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was the last cool thing she ever does. The next best thing is when she stops being a whiny bitch and goes looking for her dragon at the end of B5.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. The only scene of her's I look forward to now is when she jumps in the pit with Drogon. And possibly her coming back with Jhaqo's khalasar to fuck shit up outside of Meereen. We'll have to see how that all plays out in the next book. Dany in ADWD was disappointing but that book is basically just back story and build up to whatever the fuck is going to happen in the next book. I have high hopes.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone think that Martin is actually going to be able to keep up pace with the show with his writing because i sure don't. Even with them splitting book 3 into two seasons and taking books 4 and 5 (which i assume they will show concurrently on the show) over another 2 to 3 seasons, I can see Martin maybe having Winds of Winter done in time, but if the show lasts long enough, i cannot imagine him getting the final book written in time. I know that by then we would probably be on season 9 or whatever of the show if its still around, but 2 books in less than 6 years for Martin seems unlikely given his history.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Still I think in hindsight any moron so stupid to raise an army of Mercs without a "kill switch" to protect themselves from a clearly obvious scenario is really dumb and short sighted, for the time, effort, and thought put into cultivating such a commodity. This was quite possibly the best episode of the series yet.
Greed makes people do stupid things, also maybe he did have a fallback - the unsullied didn't actually start the full-on massacre until he got torched. It was just like one guy who started killing people, the rest just stood there and then when he got lit up, they all went on the rampage.

Siliconemelons

Also, you can tell from the price of the unsullied dudes that they are insanely expensive- nowhere ever would anyone ever be able to buy them all- so this situation would never really happen or thought of happening- I would assume that mostly it would be people buying a few for personal guards or at most a few hundred if they where insanely rich- big pile of gold and a ship only got her what.. 200ish? And yes its like "Dragon!" and all caution to the wind.

Great episode, oh poor Theon you retard.

Still dont feel bad for Jamie, should I? oh yay hand necklace! :) I cant wait for them to be beating Jamie up and he is like "you cant do this to the father of the king!" oh oopse! or something lol

Homsar

Also, you can tell from the price of the unsullied dudes that they are insanely expensive- nowhere ever would anyone ever be able to buy them all- so this situation would never really happen or thought of happening- I would assume that mostly it would be people buying a few for personal guards or at most a few hundred if they where insanely rich- big pile of gold and a ship only got her what.. 200ish? And yes its like "Dragon!" and all caution to the wind.

Great episode, oh poor Theon you retard.

Still dont feel bad for Jamie, should I? oh yay hand necklace! :) I cant wait for them to be beating Jamie up and he is like "you cant do this to the father of the king!" oh oopse! or something lol
How can you say poor Theon but then say that about jaime, I mean Theon betrayed everyone close to him and murdered children

Szlia

I cant wait for them to be beating Jamie up and he is like "you cant do this to the father of the king!" oh oopse! or something lol
This make me think that one of the core element of the scenario, the legitimacy of Joffrey, kinda went awol. Who are all the people who know the blacksmith's apprentice is an heir to the throne? The other end of that issue also remains absent from the plot: Joffrey believes he is a Baratheon yet he hardly ever mention it and has no 'house pride' so to speak. For all intents and purposes, he is a Lannister. There is already these frictions due to the fact he is an egomaniac and a psychopath ('good luck making him do something else than what he wants' said Cersei to her father - possibly foreshadowing a good Joffrey vs Tywin scene), but it would had some depth to Joffrey's character if there was also this 'Remember I am a Baratheon' element.

Homsar

I like how jozu talks about beric and Thoros and then asks who the guy is that cut off jaimes hand .... Also I might have missed the discussion but why did they get rid of vargo? To many characters and story for the show? So glad the show is back to being awesome even though everyone know SOS > cok. I really do ask for changes in the show in the later seasons.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone else notice that when Jamie fell in the mud his hand fell behind his ear like he was trying to hear a whisper?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Great episode. Only meh part was following Theon around in a circle. But like I said a week or so ago I saw the Dany storyline coming to that end. For how great the show generally is about not telegraphing things I think everyone saw that coming a mile away.

No one saw my boy Lord Commander getting killed out of the blue, though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone think that Martin is actually going to be able to keep up pace with the show with his writing because i sure don't. Even with them splitting book 3 into two seasons and taking books 4 and 5 (which i assume they will show concurrently on the show) over another 2 to 3 seasons, I can see Martin maybe having Winds of Winter done in time, but if the show lasts long enough, i cannot imagine him getting the final book written in time. I know that by then we would probably be on season 9 or whatever of the show if its still around, but 2 books in less than 6 years for Martin seems unlikely given his history.
I think there's two things that mitigate this:
1. I can only assume that in the last book all the dominos are set up and creating the finale is probably easier and more interesting than creating these boring middle parts.
2. I don't think it's impossible or unreasonable that the final TV show happens before the books.

spronk

FPS noob
television show costs start skyrocketing after 4-5 seasons as actors demands get really high, while the books have a lot fewer permanent actors, I can see it being really hard to keep cersei, dany, tyrion, sansa, arya, littlefinger, etc all together for more than another 2 or maybe 3 years. sure you can recast one or two but still, I would not be suprised if the show just ends in another 3 or 4 years with an abbreviated finale that is a shortened version of GRMMs ideas for his final few books.

alternatively i'd like to see dany come back to kings landing, rescue margaery and sansa and become the lez queens. A finale worthy of HBO.