GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't recall actually seeing Euron in the fight against the Unsullied. Fleet easily could have just dropped him off and the prisoners while it sailed around to Casterly Rock.

People's autism is showing freaking out over "time travel" stuff. Sam's story is pretty much completely contained in Oldtown this season. When he first talked to Sam they hadn't even had word about Dany reaching Dragonstone yet, so it all could be taking place before or right when they landed.

10 episodes to wrap it up and people want to see weeks of "We were on the sea traveling..."
No, not see, just make sense. Surely the screenwriters can do a better job than this without sacrificing that much screen time. Screamfeeder Screamfeeder

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Damn wish the Autist that was promised, @Sylas wasn't banned. Really think Euron is dues ex machina, would love to read one of his rants

giphy.gif

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ugh, Bran. I cringe every time he's on screen. He's probably my most disliked character overall. Hopefully he pulls out some wicked 3 eyed raven sorcery bullshit at some point and makes himself less annoying.
I didn't like Bran before but I'm willing to come around if his new gimmick is going to be telling women how nice the weather was on the day they were raped.

• 14Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 15 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is probably the high point of Euron's fleet though. We knew they were going to delay Dany's overwhelming power at least for a bit, we just didn't expect the whole Euron deus ex machina.

What is his fleet going to do now? They have the Unsullied surrounded but we know they will all starve to death rather than surrender. Blockading Dragonstone doesn't sound like a too viable option either. So I expect the invisible teleporting fleet will hopefully get burned to the ground.

I think the fleet's only goal was to burn the ships the Unsullied came in on. After that the fleet leaves because it forces the Unsullied to then walk from the Rock to King's Landing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tyrion's advice was sound, there was just no way he could anticipate Euron's stupid fucking teleporting stealth fleet.

*edit*

You guys talking about how she shouldn't split her forces have spent too much time playing Civ 4 or something.

Tyrion not accounting for the non-importance of Casterly Rock was actually a good plot point IMO. Minus the idiocy of the stealth ships.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So they could have battled one of Dany's split forces, defeated them, made it back to KL, dropped off Euron and made it Casterly Rock RIGHT BEHIND another one of Dany's split forces? If they were so close to each other why did they split up?

There's nothing to say they even left at the same time, people are just assuming it was so because they made the plans to take Sand Snakes and Ellaria back and have the Unsullied attack Casterly Rock in the same meeting. Not sure what you mean by "made it back to King's Landing". They likely caught Yara/Ellaria force very close to KL on their trip south. Also did we not ever solve the mystery of how many ships Yara actually stole from Iron Fleet? I believe someone noted it was only 100 or so. Iron Fleet easily could have not used it's entire power against whatever small contingent Yara/Ellaria had with them, and split off a larger chunk to head towards Casterly Rock (again, and still be much larger than that force Dany sent there as well).

If they had shown Euron on deck fighting Unsullied, I'd understand the complaints a little more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't like Bran before but I'm willing to come around if his new gimmick is going to be telling women how nice the weather was on the day they were raped.

Brann is the Autist Lord now.

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
10 episodes to wrap it up and people want to see weeks of "We were on the sea traveling..."

It's just jarring as a viewer. They spent whole seasons with people walking like a total of 500 miles and now they are zipping all over the world in between cuts and taking over cities in 15 seconds.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't recall actually seeing Euron in the fight against the Unsullied. Fleet easily could have just dropped him off and the prisoners while it sailed around to Casterly Rock.

People's autism is showing freaking out over "time travel" stuff. Sam's story is pretty much completely contained in Oldtown this season. When he first talked to Sam they hadn't even had word about Dany reaching Dragonstone yet, so it all could be taking place before or right when they landed.

Euron's ship was there, there's a shot of Grey Worm looking down at the ships and you can see it there.
I'm thinking GRRM left far too many loose ends, and the show is basically using Euron ex Machina until things get managable again. Maybe next time he kills half the cast and then mysteriously rows off into the sunset...

euron.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
At this point, if they explained that Euron is actually using Eldar Webway portals to move his fleet around Westeros, I'd be fine with it because at least then his movements would make some kind of sense. I mean suckering Tyrion by marching the Lannister army out of Casterly Rock to take Highgarden is already a significant win without the bullshit of having Euron somehow manage to sink the Yara's fleet, sail to King's Landing to hand over Ellaria and Tyene, then somehow manage to arrive at Casterly Rock right behind the unsullied.

GREATEST CAPTAIN ON THE 14 SEAS. Of course he can sail faster than a bunch of eunuchs

In line with the Webway, I was thinking he might using Archon Recall.

No one has mentioned it, biggest let down was faggot Theon is still alive, which means surely he will end up being the one to save his sister and kill Euron. And not someone actually cool.

• 2Worf

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the idea was just to destroy the unsullied ships and head back to Kings Landing, now the entire unsullied army has to walk all the way across westeros with no supplies except what they can get from the emptied silo's in Casterly Rock.

meanwhile Euron is off buttfucking (or finger in the bumming) some other fleet.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
GREATEST CAPTAIN ON THE 14 SEAS. Of course he can sail faster than a bunch of eunuchs

In line with the Webway, I was thinking he might using Archon Recall.
Until the USS Eldridge shows up and Philadelphia Experiment's their ass

• 2Worf

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the autist in me also did the math, for Euron to leave Kings landing and head to Casterly rock moving at the average speed of a wooden sailing ship (10 knots) it would take approximately 13-14 days to go the 4000 miles.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Euron's ship was there, there's a shot of Grey Worm looking down at the ships and you can see it there.
I'm thinking GRRM left far too many loose ends, and the show is basically using Euron ex Machina until things get managable again. Maybe next time he kills half the cast and then mysteriously rows off into the sunset...

View attachment 150463

His SHIP was there. Tyrion even stated that they would know they were coming...could easily torture that out of captives they got from the Yara/Sand Snakes engagement. It's not like the battle at Casterly Rock even against the token defense is going to take 5 minutes either. Grey Worm didn't realize until they had completed the takeover of the castle that there should have been more men there. Knowing that Unsullied fleet would be trying to not be noticed on its way, it would likely be going slower than Iron Fleet going as quickly as possible to catch up to them.

As soon as Euron declared with Cersei, she had the actual sea power advantage over Dany...aside from 3 dragons. Next episode looks like we'll see a bit more of Dany's power.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How long do you think the siege on Casterly took? 1 day? They sped through it pretty fast but I imagine its not hard to believe Euron shows up a few days later to sink their ships, they both originated from Dragonstone/King's Landing area anyway, he spends a day delivering Yara/Sand Snakes to Cersei and then goes on his way, arriving sometime after Casterly has been taken.

I don't have a problem with it tbh.

The Daenery's / Jon meeting was let down mostly because Emelia Clarke was straining so hard it was actually comical. Jon isn't great either but he wasn't tasked with putting out as much emotion, Daenerys was straining to prove herself, gritting her teeth and shit, so fake.

Then we see Cersei not long after who does a fantastic job.

Oh well, I thought the episode was a 9.5/10 still, not much complaints story-wise, ties up more loose ends and gets us rolling. Really loved Cersei in this episode and the Queen of Thorns pricking Jaime one last time. Awesome.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
No, not see, just make sense. Surely the screenwriters can do a better job than this without sacrificing that much screen time. Screamfeeder Screamfeeder
It makes fine sense.

Is anyone bitching about how quickly Jon and Davos made it to Dragonstone? No? Weeks? Two days? So why can't a Greyjoy just sail around the south? Also, we never saw Euron himself, we just saw Silence.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I imagine the siege was fast since the Unsullied has an inside route. Euron (edit: Iron fleet) had to show up right after they took the Rock since there were still living bodies on the wall.