GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
but then Euron's teleporting deus ex machina turned it into a disaster.

200.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Casterly Rock means nothing to Cersei. its literally an empty hold. She doesnt care about the small folk of the region and Jamie high tailed it with all the food and men. Shows how much has changed in 7 seasons. Can you imagine tywin losing his ancestral seat? Rob lost his war by falling back because he lost his home. Jon fought a losing war for his. Dany has returned to hers. Jaime and Cersei abandoned theirs.

I hope pixie cut chamber maid returns, I wanted to tongue out her bung

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well, unless we're just completely ignoring that a House's power comes from it's (presumably hundreds of thousands to millions) of peasants working in the fields/factories/farms of their dominion. A dominion which their army (also made up of smallfolk, smallfolk that had been called up) just completely abandoned to eunuch slaves. Is that something the army would even do, even if told to do it? Probably not.

And what do they do with Highgarden now? The local lords and small folk aren't loyal to Lannisters. Probably hate the shit out of them. Sure they took the castle (where were the Tyrell armies?) but can they hold it (where are the Tyrell armies?) and what would they do with it even if they could? It'd just be one rebellion after another.

The remaining tyrell armies are piles of dead bodies. The small folk will respect the new rules of the Reach and Warden of the South, Randyll Tarly. He will take High garden and leave Hornhill to Dickon. Small folk will fall in line or die. They will feed the lannister army.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The remaining tyrell armies are piles of dead bodies. The small folk will respect the new rules of the Reach and Warden of the South, Randyll Tarly. He will take High garden and leave Hornhill to Dickon. Small folk will fall in line or die. They will feed the lannister army.

This. Also, after mentioning that the gold has run out of the Lannister mines, the sacking of Highgarden is what will repay the Iron Bank. Tarly was already Warden of the South so I imagine most of the Tyrell army was actually his army. The Tyrells lost a lot of men in the numerous battles before.
Euron doesn't seem like the kind of cuck to let someone else command his flagship.
For a chance to bugger the Queen he might. Even still, I explained it was perfectly easy for him to be right behind the Unsullied in the timeline.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
No, you really didn't.

Unsullied sail south to hit Casterly Rock. Snakes sail shortly after to head to Dorne. Euron heads into Blackwater, chats with Cerci and leaves, practically running into Snakes on his way out (Dragonstone and Kings Landing are pretty damn close). Euron either takes his entire fleet back to Kings Landing (maybe) or just one ship for him and his prizes while the rest of the Iron Fleet sails after the Unsullied. The Greyjoys are obviously going to be better sailors with better ships. Unsullied had to disembark, prepare a siege, take the Rock and within a day, Iron Fleet is there.

Only way it makes a little less sense is if Euron took the whole fleet with him back to Kings Landing and then went back after the Unsullied, but even then, you can just chock it up to them being plain better sailors and knowing their way around the southern coast much better than the Unsullied fleet. For all we know, the Unsullied might have swung south of The Arbor while the Iron Fleet went through the Redwyn Straight. That alone could be the difference in catching up. Not a dues ex machina.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, you really didn't.

He pretty well did. Unless we're thinking the Unsullied are suddenly better sailors than we ever knew, or ignore the idea they wouldn't know they were expected and would try to make their approach unnoticed while Iron Fleet would not be worried about that at all.

Or if people just want to have something to complain about. Hell Jaime had enough time to ride out and conquer Highgarden, but Iron Fleet couldn't sail around to Casterly Rock?

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Unsullied sail south to hit Casterly Rock. Snakes sail shortly after to head to Dorne. Euron heads into Blackwater, chats with Cerci and leaves, practically running into Snakes on his way out (Dragonstone and Kings Landing are pretty damn close). Euron either takes his entire fleet back to Kings Landing (maybe) or just one ship for him and his prizes while the rest of the Iron Fleet sails after the Unsullied. The Greyjoys are obviously going to be better sailors with better ships. Unsullied had to disembark, prepare a siege, take the Rock and within a day, Iron Fleet is there.

Only way it makes a little less sense is if Euron took the whole fleet with him back to Kings Landing and then went back after the Unsullied, but even then, you can just chock it up to them being plain better sailors and knowing their way around the southern coast much better than the Unsullied fleet. For all we know, the Unsullied might have swung south of The Arbor while the Iron Fleet went through the Redwyn Straight. That alone could be the difference in catching up. Not a dues ex machina.

ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The bigger issue to me than the timing of the fleets is the fact that the Iron Fleet(s) had to sail past Dragonstone, not once, but twice while it was occupied by Danaery's forces with no battle and no warning to fleet attacking King's landing. Her dragons could have totally fucked up Euron's fleet without traveling.

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Sooo cartography and the speed at which ships sail is a big conspiracy to you?

Anyone bitching about the timeline either payed zero attention, has no idea where anything is in the world or is just looking for something to complain about.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The bigger issue to me than the timing of the fleets is the fact that the Iron Fleet(s) had to sail past Dragonstone, not once, but twice while it was occupied by Danaery's forces with no battle and no warning to fleet attacking King's landing

Much larger fleet, and didn't we cover this pages back when someone noted the gap is actually like 80-100 miles. It's not like they're sailing within view of Dragonstone.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The bigger issue to me than the timing of the fleets is the fact that the Iron Fleet(s) had to sail past Dragonstone, not once, but twice while it was occupied by Danaery's forces with no battle and no warning to fleet attacking King's landing
No they didn't. Dragonstone is NORTH of the Blackwater and the Iron Fleet just had to pass through The Gullet. If Dany was some kind of seer she could have sent her dragons out, but it's not they passed right by it.

Here guys, maybe this will help you out.

map_of_westeros.jpg

• 1Worf

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
No I just picked the first paragraph that I saw so I could meme post charlie conspiracy .jpg into the thread.

*Dany's dragons really should have been able to stop the fleet coming into/out of Kings Landing.

:smuggly:

• 1Picard

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Much larger fleet, and didn't we cover this pages back when someone noted the gap is actually like 80-100 miles. It's not like they're sailing within view of Dragonstone.
Maybe, i am late to this party and didn't look back, but it's silly to think that they aren't sending scouts and skirmishers out since they are an invading force.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The bigger issue to me than the timing of the fleets is the fact that the Iron Fleet(s) had to sail past Dragonstone, not once, but twice while it was occupied by Danaery's forces with no battle and no warning to fleet attacking King's landing. Her dragons could have totally fucked up Euron's fleet without traveling.
They made a point in the episode that the dragons aren't autonomous, they would need Dany flying them to get them to do something like that which is retarded dangerous.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Yeah let's not set up a blockade into Kings Landing or anything while we're here with 3 fucking dragons that can burn wooden ships.

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They made a point in the episode that the dragons aren't autonomous, they would need Dany flying them to get them to do something like that which is retarded dangerous.
I get that, but they still "should" have been watching for enemies like any semi competent invading force would do THAT close to kingdom's seat.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
HBO was hacked this week and an episode from Ballers and Room 104 has been leaked out from it. In the hack was also at least one upcoming GoT script.

Just warning people.

• 2Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Yeah let's not set up a blockade into Kings Landing or anything while we're here with 3 fucking dragons that can burn wooden ships.
I think the whole point of this episode was to point out that Dany, Tyrion etc are NOT great military strategists and Jamie, Tarly and Cerci are.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity