GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't be very hard, you just need to go pick it up from the dirt outside Astapor where she dropped it in plain sight of the entire army.

Right, forgot about that. They're technically "free men." Whatever, they're still fucked.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How'd he get outplayed twice, keeping in mind that I don't consider anything that involves magically built teleporting stealth fleets with radar and night vision him being outplayed.

Although none of that actually exists...I agree he didn't get outplayed twice.

Wasn't Dany the one who wanted Sand Snakes to go back to Dorne to rally their army? Tyrion's bit was planning the Casterly Rock assault. Unless we're counting abandoning the castle and having the Iron Fleet there as 2 separate plays.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sure, thats like sacrificing your rook to capture a bishop.

For real, terrible idea. Remember how their eyes lit up when Tyrion mentioned it and none of them really thought it through? Typical women.

With the Unsullied stranded and the rest of her forces stuck on Dragonstone I don't see how she can accomplish much. All Euron has to do is set up a sea blockade around her island and the Dothraki will start eating each other. Ballistae will take care of the dragons. At least she still has Ser Jorah!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I do think Tyrions play for Casterly Rock was tied to it being his birthright and his saltiness over the fact it was denied to him.

I'm not saying that was the sole purpose of the move but it most definitely had some influence. Otherwise he would have been the first one to highlight the fact that the mines are exhausted. But he convinced Dany it was worth taking by arguing it's importance as a symbol, so there was SOME clouded judgement there.

Think of it, why wouldn't Dany have the unsullied bolster highgarden? She had Olenna there with her and was one of her most important allies, not to mention the plentiful resources of The Reach.

What happened with Euron was necessary in a way, to hamstring Dany. Otherwise she would of just destroyed everything. It also highlights Olennas advice to Dany about listening to men. I think she will make her own decisions now and Tyrion will only be there to offer his council when called upon only.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For real, terrible idea. Remember how their eyes lit up when Tyrion mentioned it and none of them really thought it through? Typical women.

With the Unsullied stranded and the rest of her forces stuck on Dragonstone I don't see how she can accomplish much. All Euron has to do is set up a sea blockade around her island and the Dothraki will start eating each other. Ballistae will take care of the dragons. At least she still has Ser Jorah!
maybe she will show some emotion about it. we can hope.

iannis

Musty Nester
If only someone knew a person that had omniscient powers to see all things...

By the way, do we really know how old Varys is? That whole scene between ancient woman Melisandre and Varys seemed loaded with extra subtext. Is it possible that the whole sacrifice of his genitals by warlocks is true... in that this is how he became a warlock?

They're from the same city, I think.

That's what I took away from it at least. Dickless and Titless share a heritage, and Dickless knows exactly what sort of trouble she is. He wanted her to just go away, and he wanted to insult her a little bit before she did. And for her part, she really doesn't care about him or his games and made that clear.

Which is why she's trouble to him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man you guys are retarded.

Casterly Rock was of significant symbolic importance, but it was also a fortress garrisoning ten thousand soldiers that Tyrion had a secret entrance into. Not attempting to take advantage of that would have been stupid. Nobody could have realistically anticipated Jaime and Cersei being willing to abandon their ancestral home for larger strategic concerns, and even if it had been brought up during a planning meeting I'm sure the response would have been 'Please, they could never move ten thousand infantry from Casterly Rock to Highgarden without Varys getting word of it'.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Maybe, but you're the Reek of posters.

Screamfeeder's best insult in this thread was to take my insult and go " nuh uh, you!"

Think about that the next time you're wondering why the fuck there is nothing worth watching or paying for.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
sure, thats like sacrificing your rook to capture a bishop.

Nobody sacrifices a rook to take a bishop, unless it sets up a guaranteed mate. A rook is 5 points and a bishop is 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Astr0 is of low cunning, obviously playing chess is not a pastime for him.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Man you guys are retarded.

Casterly Rock was of significant symbolic importance, but it was also a fortress garrisoning ten thousand soldiers that Tyrion had a secret entrance into. Not attempting to take advantage of that would have been stupid. Nobody could have realistically anticipated Jaime and Cersei being willing to abandon their ancestral home for larger strategic concerns, and even if it had been brought up during a planning meeting I'm sure the response would have been 'Please, they could never move ten thousand infantry from Casterly Rock to Highgarden without Varys getting word of it'.
How would Varys get word of it when he's sitting on Dragonstone with the rest of these retards? He gonna pull out his flip phone and make some calls? YO FAM WHAT'S GOOD AT THE ROCK

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Yea Varys powers have been extremely contracted. He no longer sits in the capital with unlimited resources via the crown. He is a sideline player at this point, he still gains intel from a few embedded or second hand sources, but he is by no means the same player he was earlier in the show.

I think his main power now is being an arbitrator and purveyor of knowledge and know how when it comes to Westerosi alliances, rather than being a commander of a vast spy network. Im sure he will gain more little birds as time goes on, but as of right now we cant expect Varys things from Varys anymore.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if Arya is going to show up in Winterfell soon too. It'll be the super awkward family reunion.