GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Martin has already said he will be the only one to finish the books and he will not allow anyone else to do it.
I've seen people say that but I have never seen the source, and I've looked. I have a hard time thinking he would do that. Or that it would be done.

khalid

Unelected Mod
He has abunch of rants up against people coming out after an author has died and finishing their work. I don't think he has specifically ruled out letting someone else finish the series, but that is definitely what most diehard fans on westeros.org believe.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
With only 2 books to go and half of one book sure to be dedicated to Dany's wandering and finding her way back to Westeros, I don't know how this is going to be wrapped up...
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Dany dies before ever making it back to Westeros. Boom. Huge loose end wrapped up.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu McCheese.

Seriously though, it could just end with Dany staying where she is and ruling the rest of the world. Just from maps in the books/etc, Westori seems pretty small.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu McCheese.

Seriously though, it could just end with Dany staying where she is and ruling the rest of the world. Just from maps in the books/etc, Westori seems pretty small.
Yeah but a shit load of Essos is just fucking wasteland/desert and dothraki plains.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I like to pretend the series ended with book 3, and everything else is like a sequel series, so if it never gets finished, I can live with that.

Book 3 was like a fucking Greek Tragedy. The series up to that book should be required reading by all modern authors.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've seen people say that but I have never seen the source, and I've looked. I have a hard time thinking he would do that. Or that it would be done.
If he dies it's not his decision to make anymore.

Of course if it wasn't sudden, if he does take ill, he could always just Brahms it up and burn every draft, worknote, and outline he ever wrote so that when he does die his legacy is preserved. While he can't stop the series from being completed should he not live to complete it he CAN force the next guy to basically write fanfic with no "artistic" legitimacy.

Edit: It sounds like a defensive position for him to take. Like even a little bit paranoid about job security. But honestly there's enough money involved in the IP at this point, and he produces so slowly, that I guess it's not paranoia if they really are out to getcha.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Yeah but a shit load of Essos is just fucking wasteland/desert and dothraki plains.
As far as we know. (Srsly.)

FoH got me hooked on this series like 4 years ago and I remember reading then that GRR Martin had stated he'd want his notes burned on his death and no one to continue the series. Also "George R.R. Martin Bu" brings up burning notes with like literally no quotations... could've swore it was on his blog though when he was going through his huge football/graphic novel phase(he may still be).

Ninja edit: I could've swore there was only going to be 7 but a google search has rumors from 2011 saying it could be 8. :|

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Well, didn't a lot of Book 4 end up in 5? So I think saying "THERE WILL ONLY BE SEVEN" is hardly written in stone I would think.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
You don't need to be a good guy to be a likeable character. The Hound is an awesome character and very likeable and he's far from a good guy. Same with Jaime, Varus, Littlefinger, etc....pretty much most characters. If your definition of likeable is a good guy you'd hate almost everyone in the show.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
He originally wanted it to be like 4 or 5, and shit's just gotten more comprehensive.

As far as more books: He didn't sound as if he cared about earlier in the mythos as long as everything was checked past him and in canon.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He always had it, it's just being drawn out of him now.

also
ac-gots1.jpg

ac-gots1.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Needs more sword fighting. What's the advantage in seeing the books come to life if they're not constantly being awesome? So much talking. That's what the books are for. TV shows are for fighting and fucking. Jaime should whip out a gundam.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Hopefully something completely fucks Gurrm McChubs financially so he is forced to do nothing but write until this shit is finished.