GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Oldbased

> Than U
That, coupled with the fact that none of the characters in the last episode that went beyond the Wall are notorious schemers or big planners anyway.. Jon Snow is the goodie two shoe hero, Tormund just wants to bash skulls no matter whose, the Brotherhood folks are on their sacred mission plus the Hound tagging along because he has nothing else better to do really, and Gendry just wanted to get out of King's Landing and live the big adventures.. we got a few minutes of banter and that's all that was needed for dialogue really, to accompany the beautiful landscapes in the cold wastes..

The only really scheming characters in the whole episode were Littlefinger and to a lesser extent Arya/Sansa and their scenes were purely dialogue, so really the complaints about poor characterization in those recent episodes are a bit unreasonnable.

Calling it now, spoilers for episode 7 characterisation :

- Cersei is going to be a manipulative scheming bitch
- Jaime will look uncomfortable but stand by her because he's up to his neck in her schemes
- Bronn will give zero fucks and just wants his money and castle.
- Brienne will be looking all bothered because she rode all the way south in 14 seconds only to find out Jon Snow was there anyway to represent the North.
- Daenerys will look rigid and constipated but is going to try to be reasonnable to please Jon but then she'll get mad at something Cersei says.
- Jon Snow will look serious and brooding and will say nothing but "The army of the dead is upon us" on loop.
- The Hound will eat every fucking chicken in the room because there's too many talkers.
Tyrion will be there, along with I assume Ser Friend, Davos and whatever is left of the realm. We don't know who that is because with this new "action" paced story they have forgot to tell us just who is running half the damn kingdom and households now that most of the previous rulers are dead.
Mountain will also be there. I am curious hot having read the books if it was even discussed, he is a dead man right? Like Zombie X? I wonder how he will react to wights. Will he grunt? Will he doing nothing at all? Will he pull off his glove and go mah bro? Hmm. I am interested. Also Hound and him back in same spot. Yummy. Oh I assume Varys will be there as well which should be fun. Maybe fire chick. Euron is there also. Saw the 1000 ships in the preview.

All this for one dead zombie. I'm sure it'll be terrifying more so due to all the stories of the past that most thought were just tales, but they should have brought back more or a zombie bear or something. Something that eats half of them alive. A pit worth dying for.

Oh and I hope they invited all the Maesters from Oldtown just so they can shit themselves.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
If Arya kills LF, takes his face, and fucks Sansa... is that incest? Also is it gay?

MDM3BYd.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Gregor is undead but not at all like the Wights. The Wights seem to be completely magically reanimated even from a distance, while Qyburn's reanimation of Gregor is more akin to something straight out of Frankenstein or Re-animator. In the books, Qyburn was banished from the Citadel for practicing necromancy and had his healer chainlinks confiscated, and the process of reanimating Gregor is done entirely in his creepy underground laboratory where all we know is that the whole Red Keep heard Gregor's screams for days on end, and that he used a lot of strange chemicals. So if anything it's more like the scientific method of magic instead of pure fantasy magic like the Night's King.

Another fun fact, in the books Ser Strong (reanimated Gregor) wears a full plate helmet that covers the face entirely because he has no head (his enormous skull was taken to Dorne to appease tensions, if I recall correctly.) That's why one of the visions from Bran shows a huge towering knight in armor whose faceplate opens to reveal nothing but blackness and then a river of blood pours out of it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Gregor is undead but not at all like the Wights. The Wights seem to be completely magically reanimated even from a distance, while Qyburn's reanimation of Gregor is more akin to something straight out of Frankenstein or Re-animator. In the books, Qyburn was banished from the Citadel for practicing necromancy and had his healer chainlinks confiscated, and the process of reanimating Gregor is done entirely in his creepy underground laboratory where all we know is that the whole Red Keep heard Gregor's screams for days on end, and that he used a lot of strange chemicals. So if anything it's more like the scientific method of magic instead of pure fantasy magic like the Night's King.

Another fun fact, in the books Ser Strong (reanimated Gregor) wears a full plate helmet that covers the face entirely because he has no head (his enormous skull was taken to Dorne to appease tensions, if I recall correctly.) That's why one of the visions from Bran shows a huge towering knight in armor whose faceplate opens to reveal nothing but blackness and then a river of blood pours out of it.
Ya I knew they were not the same sort of dead, but they still dead. Bros and all!
That moment you flip the channel and see Littlefinger in a Maze Runner movie and he is dressed like he is in GoT, talks the same and has the same haircut. I get it was filmed during GoT seasons( 3 or 4? ) but still they usually do more to change them up a bit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night.

Night King:

After 360 noscoping a dragon he even got a 2pt conversion.

Them trading a dragon for a wight:
wDPq6mc.jpg

At least Viserion got one cool scene in the entire 8 seasons before he died.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you watch a bunch of interviews with DB & DW you really get the feeling they're just some Hollywood bros who latched on to GoT because of some cool shit and never had a chance at finding the layers that GRRM did.

I really hope their Confederate series idea doesn't get cancelled just to see how terribly they execute it.

What I respect about DB & DW is that they came into this show as nobodies. They are writers. Weiss has literally no other writing credits before GoT. Benioff has a couple screenplays before GoT but not much else. (Troy / X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

They have no other experience and were blessed with amazing source material, and an opportunity.

It's no wonder that once the source material ran dry we have these 2 inexperienced guys to guide the show to the finish. I can't fault them, it's not their fault, they took this great opportunity and ran with it and made it a huge success, and I'm sure they are getting feedback from wherever they can (the Internet), but they are trying to finish off a story in record pace that's taking the original author a lifetime to conceive.

If the books ever get finished (nope), I'm positive it's going to stray drastically from the show, though the absolute ending may be the same... or not... We'll never know.

At this point we just need to enjoy the ride, we've all been clamoring for the Dragon vs WW battles, we're finally getting them.

The fact the spinoffs won't include DB/DW is actually encouraging, maybe they'll be better written.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Of all the stupid shit happened in the last episode: WHY didn't the rest of the group, go on the same direction as Gendry???

And the writing is becoming more and more a Hollywood cliche fest .
Clearly because the bitches watched 300 and thought they could hold the cold gates against a million undead

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Remember the Wight from season 1 that attacked Jon and Lord Commander Mormont? He wasn't just a shambling corpse, and his eyes were VERY blue.

I know this is kind of general knowledge, but there obviously is some kind of undead progression...or is there not?

If a person, as the season 1 Wight or that awesome fighter wilding woman from Hardhome, is killed and then raised soon after there death, they just assume whatever appearence they were in when they died right? Do they then continue to decay until they are just basically skeletons (like the one the Hound threw the stone at)? Or are they only skeletons unless they are raised by a walker when they are already in a skeletal state.

Also, White Walkers can only be created from a live corpse am I correct? Otherwise why was the NK parlaying with Crastor for so long? He must have needed Crastor, presumably one of the only non windings who live beyond the wall, to produce live human offspring and then convert. I joked he had a WW incubator, but there are obvious questions as to how they age, how they change, if they change.

Viserion might just be a dumb Wight dragon and not some intelligent winter wyvern after all.

Last edited:

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Clearly because the bitches watched 300 and thought they could hold the cold gates against a million undead

Callous George would have reversed it and had gendry die alone on the lake smashing ice to bring the army down.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
- The Hound will eat every fucking chicken in the room because there's too many talkers.
Well, that's after dumping the wight at the feet of his brother: "Hi, got a friend for you. Maybe you can exchange tips on zombie life..."

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Jozu said:
But but but the wight in season 1 had blue eyes too!
All wights seen so far in the show have eyes different from the Walkers, the only similarity is the blue color but I'm not going to explain how they differ for the third time in two pages. If the writers have suddenly decided to insist on showing a close-up of a Walker-style eye but the end product is a wight, then consider it an inconsistency on their part, and it wouldn't be the first.

While there are no clear answers to be found as to how the White Walkers age, if they do at all, we know the Night's King was created 8000 years ago and looked like a man in his prime at the time, though now he looks obviously different but not ancient either, so I don't think he really ages, plus they go dormant for centuries so it may very well regenerate them. The converted Walkers seem almost older in comparison, though that stems from their long white hair and beard that could be the result of a discoloration of their natural hair due to frosty environments, like the withered flesh on the face or the near skeletal appearance, or could be a side effect of the conversion.

I've grown used to the design of the show for the White Walkers but I think I'll always regret that they didn't go for a more faithful approach to them based on the book : pure white-skinned smooth beings with crystalline armor and weapons, riding giant white spiders.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well obviously they had to explain the history and the reason for the feud, rather than just going straight into a duel.

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about the fact that we know almost everything about the remaining characters and no new characters are going to be introduced, therefore there is no need for further character development (backstories, motivations, ambitions, relationships etc)

The history and fued is the buildup for the action, we learn the characters' history and motivations and the duel follows from this logically. The characters drive the plot and not the other way around, where characters come up with inane plans so they can be where the action scene needs them to be.

There is still character development going on (Arya, Sansa, LF, Jon/Dany) but one can argue about whether it's consistent with their past.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Well, that's after dumping the wight at the feet of his brother: "Hi, got a friend for you. Maybe you can exchange tips on zombie life..."

I imagine Qyburn will piss his pants like the kid who got his Nintendo 64 for Christmas when he sees a moving zombie in front of him.. "Ooooh gimme gimme! WANT! MINE!"

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Callous George would have reversed it and had gendry die alone on the lake smashing ice to bring the army down.

I was honestly expecting this

Sorry- quick search couldn't quickly find the "normal" version of the scene- but you get it.

But then I remember no one in GOT ever fucking remembers to carry their horse bow, traveling bow, pack bow or short bow whatever you want to call it with some dragon glass arrows.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was honestly expecting this

Sorry- quick search couldn't quickly find the "normal" version of the scene- but you get it.

But then I remember no one in GOT ever fucking remembers to carry their horse bow, traveling bow, pack bow or short bow whatever you want to call it with some dragon glass arrows.
If Ramsay Snow, the Blackfish, Robb Rivers, Anguy and Balaq were there with a quiver of dragonglass arrows you'd just get a scene where the night king slowly dodges each arrow like a fucking jedi.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Lol dont forget Reek, he was a great marksmen also remember.

Also it was more for the breaking of the ice part of the scene :-D once the hound took the hammer and they started running on a frozen lake- this is what popped into my head lol

Oldbased

> Than U
If Ramsay Snow, the Blackfish, Robb Rivers, Anguy and Balaq were there with a quiver of dragonglass arrows you'd just get a scene where the night king slowly dodges each arrow like a fucking jedi.
If Ramsay was still alive, he could have picked off the Night King if he had a dozen or so arrows.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ha Yes Tuco that was his name Anguy. I was talking about the need for more archers on this show, and I couldn't think of his name.

I totally forgot about The Blackfish being a badass with a bow as well. I don't remember Balaq from the books it's been a while.