GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
What this guy is saying. I really like when Book Littlefinger brings his "daughter" to the Arie and we get to spend a bunch of time with Paeter teaching Sansa all kinds of shit. Aside from planning to eventually get in her pants he's also *ahem* grooming her to be a force in her own right. Her mother was a mooooooron and Littlefinger looks to be doing what he can to make sure Sansa doesn't follow in those footsteps.

Not only that, but also consider the lifelong crusade of Littlefinger. He got humiliated by Brandon Stark, the love of his life was stolen from him, quite a tragic story when you think about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck that noise. That would be a horrible resolution to the story. Time travel bullshit to hand-wave away 95% of the series and invalidating the investment that we as viewers/readers put in? No thanks.
landscape-1464081243-hodor-the-door.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Who cares if the breath was ice or fire? The real question is why did the Night's King's plan hinge on Dany being retarded? The entire season was just "cool scenes" tied together by nothing even close to a sensible plot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm going to start re-watching every episode soon. My wife like's the show, so I need to do it around her schedule. We should finish around the time this season begins.

I really hope they don't try to break up this season like so many other shows do. 3 episodes, then a 3-6 month break for the final 3. I'd really dislike that.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
dude. this is so good, we have no evidence for it, but it is so good and so plausible that i feel like it should be spoilered.
That's some goofy gay shit.

Bran's warging abilities and weirnet time warping are certain to have a hand in it. Most theories are rubbish. Bloviating claims and shit, fast travel and the rest, are also trite for the most part. Whatever happens concerning Bran better make good, clever use of his character as the three eyed raven.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's some goofy gay shit.

Bran's warging abilities and weirnet time warping are certain to have a hand in it. Most theories are rubbish. Bloviating claims and shit, fast travel and the rest, are also trite for the most part. Whatever happens concerning Bran better make good, clever use of his character as the three eyed raven.
goofy gay shit sounds like the premise for season 8 of Game of Thrones.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They wont because they need to get them all in by May 31 to be in contention for the Emmy's.

i read once that it's just a certain fraction of the episodes need to be in by that date. not sure of the validity of that, tho.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
i read once that it's just a certain fraction of the episodes need to be in by that date. not sure of the validity of that, tho.
It's true. We call them "hanging episodes". Basically if the majority of your series airs before the date, you can make the later episodes available to Academy members (or sometimes just send them screeners) before the air date and they will be considered for Emmy contention. So if Episdoes 1-7 air before May 31st but your finale airs June 7th, you just send them an advance copy of that final episode and it's eligible.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Thanks for the heads up. Hanging Episodes are a fucking cancer.
Yeah it's considered bad form in the industry to do it, but the big productions get away with it and some still win so on it goes. Trust me, Producers don't like having it happen but when your schedules are super tight and one thing goes wrong, you sometimes have no option.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
goofy gay shit sounds like the premise for season 8 of Game of Thrones.

Eh, I have hope after reading about the battle they filmed making Battle of the Bastards look like some kid brother of it. Problem is they have so much to deliver on in 6 episodes.

We obviously need the big ass battle, which a least if you believe them, we are going to get.

All of the smaller to larger "tie ups" that the separate stories between some of the majors need (Cleganebowl, Jaime v. Cersei, Melisandre/Varys' endings, Prince/ess who was promised, Azor Ahai, etc)

Meaningful character deaths and whatever the fuck they're going to do with the ending. I mean I know Martin handed them a loose finish to how he planned it all to end, but are they going to A) follow it mostly to the letter (who is alive or not at the end, maybe change some of the how people die)...or B) throw some curveballs in there depending on whether the ending is the obvious Jon and Dany rule after winning (or just one and the other dies).

We'll see how much it delivers on. It's so over-hyped at this point that I really can't imagine them satisfying everything what with all the different theories about how it all ends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users