GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In the books it is never proven that Dragonfire can destroy an Other. However it is proven at hardhome that valyrian steel can.
its implied, or at least assumed thats how its forged, i dont care, this was pretty fucking weak, NK was defeated 6000 years ago or however long and there was no Valyerians to stop him and the northmen were able to build a wall which kept him and his forces out that long and now they can mumbo jumbo some bullshit where nothing can touch him except Val steel and he can just touch bran's arm and it nullifies the wall. Winterfell itself was also assumed to have it's own magical protection, nope. fuck this shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Not that I think it will satisfy most of you, but when Arya and Jon reunite by the tree earlier in the season, Jon says "how did you sneak up on me like that?". A bit of foreshadowing

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
This has always been the story of Arya and John with tons of awesome other characters along the way and I'm ok with that. Episode was dark and blurry as shit, but the outcome was ok - Someone said it last week "this isn't game of undead, but game of thrones."

I am happy that the undead shit is over and we can settle shit up with everyone with the last few episodes. If you start to second guess things or are generally unhappy with the ending, well, just remember that it could be worse and you could have a Stephen King ending where special ed guy just erases the villain with a crayon. Last ditch diving effort after years of training to land a dagger is cooler than special ed guy erasing you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know there's going to be nonstop whining about the episode, but I loved it. Some cheesy moments, but overall it was an insane experience.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I watched the trailer a few times and don't see ghost in next week's trailer. I'm getting sad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This has always been the story of Arya and John with tons of awesome other characters along the way and I'm ok with that. Episode was dark and blurry as shit, but the outcome was ok - Someone said it last week "this isn't game of undead, but game of thrones."

I am happy that the undead shit is over and we can settle shit up with everyone with the last few episodes. If you start to second guess things or are generally unhappy with the ending, well, just remember that it could be worse and you could have a Stephen King ending where special ed guy just erases the villain with a crayon. Last ditch diving effort after years of training to land a dagger is cooler than special ed guy erasing you.

Bullshit. This was the equivalent of "EVERYONE WAS ALREADY DEAD. IT'S BEEN PURGATORY ALL ALONG". Garbage.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
What is the AOE range on raise dead? They wiped out everything around the castle I'd say a good 4 mile diamter at least, but is it truly? How close does the Knight King have to be?

What I'm asking is did headless Ned Stark come back and bite someone before getting obliterated into nothing

What’s the AOE range on NK’s weather spell? That thing was massive.

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
But deus ex machine is meant to be a cheap cop out resolution for when you've written yourself into a corner. I'm not sure that's the case here at all

Without further exposition of the relationship between Bran and NK and Arya and the Lord of Light, that's all this is--Arya flying in to save the day.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cool episode, terrible for a Game of Thrones standard. Like 17 less people died than should have. Also the setup for "everyone juuuuust about to die unlessssss" was too much for me. Also where did Viseryon fuck off to?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I watched the trailer a few times and don't see ghost in next week's trailer. I'm getting sad

whereswaldo1.png

• 11Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I know there's going to be nonstop whining about the episode, but I loved it. Some cheesy moments, but overall it was an insane experience.

My only complaint is Arya’s super leap/speed or whatever she used. Or invisible? But undead can see through invis? Unless she had invis to undead....

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cool episode, terrible for a Game of Thrones standard. Like 17 less people died than should have. Also the setup for "everyone juuuuust about to die unlessssss" was too much for me. Also where did Viseryon fuck off to?
Viseryon was the ice dragon

Rhaegal is the one we don't know about

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
This is why you don't read the books.

I'm sure that Arya pulling a Hobbit on the NK invalidates about 60% of what GRRM wrote.

lul.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users