GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
That's what I don't understand. Were the writers trying to make it seem like Jon is a poor general? Or did they think the strategy they wrote was actually sound?

I think it's even simpler than that--the writers have a really basic notion of warfare, and opted for a music video of war instead of showing actual tactics. Theon giving way to Arya in the garden is what they wanted. Those scene are straight-up MTV, like Shannara Chronicles.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That's what I don't understand. Were the writers trying to make it seem like Jon is a poor general? Or did they think the strategy they wrote was actually sound?

They were writing for spectacle, not sensibility.

-

Everything he suggested was good other than having everyone behind the walls, as the army was too large to fit within Winterfell

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They had dragon glass attached to the wooden spike traps in and outside the castle

yeah, they put dragonglass on the chivaux-de-fris, but i was talking about the giant field. could have taken out a ton of undead before they were even close. but, then you couldn't have the dothraki run out cuz it'd gut the horses feet...

it was just silly tactics in order to give a great visual, so whatev

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Were the writers trying to make it seem like Jon is a poor general?

They already accomplished that with the Battle of the Bastards. This time they were trying to make it seem like everyone on Dany's side is a poor general.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I laughed at that part too, but I did the biggest fucking eyeroll of my life when she screamed at him and did a dwarf-charge after. I really like that character & actress, but that was such a fucking over the top hollywood moment.

Image result for lady mormont gif

Image result for lady mormont gif

Yeah I laughed hard at this part too. In a bad way

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The girl was actually the rare kid in a movie/show that I didn't get annoyed by, sure the heroic end could have been done better, but the actress really impressed me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Everything in that video is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I was watching it. And when it was over, hearing all my friends say they loved it was like I was in fuckin bizarro world.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
just rewatched

nk is the ultimate warg, so powerful it's how he controls the dead

bran's going to dues ex in a couple episodes and warg into a bunch of dead to turn the tide of whatever battle and the final episode will be whoever is sitting on the thrown sends him north to rebuild the wall and/or go into exile, then ??? happens and in thousands of years he's the new nk.
oh god. that is such a bullshit way to end. i hope it never comes to pass.

Oldbased

> Than U
seems that there is someone working on brightening up the Fight at Winterfell, and it looks SO MUCH BETTER. They should just re-release that episode and fix it.
Better in full screen:
Jesus that was so much better. It also exposes part of why they made it so dark. The heavy set light glares off every helm/armor/weapon. Even something in between would have been and would be much more acceptable and still get what they was seeking.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It might just be me but it honestly feels like whatever ultimately happens for the remainder of a season doesn't fucking matter. Who sits on the Iron Throne just seems like such a who gives a fuck compared to battle of all life and death. I'll watch the rest of the of series but this show ejaculated prematurely.

Honk Honk

Its been said but you can stop watching right now and not miss anything.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The plot armor will be with you Sam... always

ynq8fsohmsv21.png

It's already been pretty heavily alluded that sam will write the Song of Ice and Fire as a chronicle of what transpired during King Roberts last days. This is from season 7:

Archmaester:
"If you're going to write histories, Tarly, you have to do the research, if you want people to read your histories, you need a bit of style. I'm not writing The Chronicles of the Wars Following the Death of King Robert I so it can sit on a shelf unread."
"What? You don't like the title? What would you call it then?"

Sam:
"Possibly something a bit more…poetic."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The sheer numbers of the charge at 1:55 onwards were completely lost on me, compared to the high visibility version. I knew they were a lot, but not *that* many.
with the brightened version, you can see some of the flaws they were hiding with that darkening. dany and jon look ridiculously green screened riding dragons. but its no fucking reason to shit on the entire episode.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most of the people I know in real life were bitching as well, and they watched it just on Comcast HBO or U-verse HBO, both of which have shitty, compressed "1080p".

I feel like every person who posts this is just doing *insert cable provider here* at this point. I know that's not the intent but every time I check the thread there is a new cable company being inserted.

We've named every telecommunications company so far. What gives?