GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm honestly terrible at subtext with these books. I completely missed Frey pies and The Hound at the monastery. Probably other shit too. I have no fucking idea what is going to happen, at all. The only things I know for certain are that Jon Snow is not dead and that Arya better fuck shit up or I am firebombing Martin's collectibles house he has right across from his home in Santa Fe.
Well. let me sum everything up for you.

Life is is a shit sandwich, and everyone eats for free.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's been a while since I read the books, can someone remind me how the Red Wedding plot built up, specifically Roose Bolton's part in it. The scene between Jaime and Bolton at dinner all felt a bit "nudge nudge wink wink" and as if Bolton was putting the foundations in place, or was that just me?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Never really thought about Littlefinger planning on trying go all the way to the iron throne, but after that speech in Sunday's episode where he eyefucks the thing it's pretty plain homeboy is going to make a run for el presidente eventually.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean the only thing that doesn't make a lot of practical sense is why Varys / Littlefinger don't just put a hit out on each other. It doesn't have to be some huge complex plot. It's not like either one of them walk around with a contingent of guards.

Just one day when Littlefinger is on his way to the office -- he gets stabbed in the neck by some random street urchin.

iannis

Musty Nester
And then they hide his body in the vacants so that Chris can put the juju on him.

I'd imagine the two of them are dependent on each other somehow... and just straight up killing the other guy would be bad for business.

So why don't they just do that if they're such high stakes adversarial kingmakers? Because plot armor?

I'm actually curious!

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Arent most HBO series shot with Brit actors because they get paid WAY less than U.S. counter parts? Most Brit actors seems to love getting a Pay Cable gig in hopes of breaking into US TV and cashing in.
It also helps that Brits are the standard actor for fantasy shows/movies (see Ian McKellan, Martin Freeman, Sean Bean, etc, etc.)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One of the major issues is, of course, some of the child characters will simply not look like children at all. Brann already looks like a teenager and same deal with Arya. I'm not sure how they're going to address that problem. Sure they can make them up and dress them like a child but it'll still be fairly unconvincing. Sansa doesn't look like a young naive girl she looks like a grown ass woman.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
How important are their ages really? I think they already added some years to what they were supposed to be in the book and I don't think it impacted the story remotely. Post puberty you can keep an actor looking "teen" for a very long time. I think we've past the point where Arya is mistaken as "boy".

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only thing I can think of is for the overall timeline. I assume the song of ice and fire series takes place over a handful of years but if the actors age dramatically it is obvious it is taking place over a number of years. I don't know if it is really an issue but it would be weird to have Cat constantly bitching about her "broken little boy" when he is like 19 years old.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I think in some sort of way they not only do respect each other but see the other has qualities that help them achieve their own goals, whether willingly or otherwise.

Better the devil you (mostly) know?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Best thing the show runners could do at this point is to film 2-3 seasons at once. That would lock pay rates in for those seasons as well as taking care of the aging issues. Just stop at a point that you can come back to with "3 years later". Throw in some DBZ style training montages and badda bing badda boom everyone's happy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont give a crap about their location shootings or CGI dragons. bring out the fucking sock puppets and film the shit in the hollywood backlot. but keep the same actors, even if they want a little more cash.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so if you had to choose between daeny tiptoeing around in tunisia or potentially losing peter dinklage when his contract is up because he wants a decent raise in pay, you go with daeny and her star wars background?

Wage

Molten Core Raider
As far as timing is concerned, pretty sure it's 2 years from the death of Jon Arryn (opening of season 1) to the Khaleesi mic drop as she takes the unsullied in Astapor. I don't know how long ago season 1 was actually filmed, but show time is only running a little behind real time at this point.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
so if you had to choose between daeny tiptoeing around in tunisia or potentially losing peter dinklage when his contract is up because he wants a decent raise in pay, you go with daeny and her star wars background?
I don't know. I feel like I've been waiting a really long time for some payoff on the mystical elements of this show. Season 1 started with white walkers that we still haven't seen much of but want to, and ended with dragons that I can't wait to see full size burninating some fools. There are some things I need to see in this show after hearing so much about them, and someone riding on a dragon into battle is one of them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Am I the only one secretly wishing for one episode, 60 minutes long where it just keeps playing dany nude scenes over and over. Best episode ever.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Devil you know, plus both realize the other is actually essential to things running smoothly. And they both recognize that the other has so many schemes and plots in action they can't predict what kind of chain reaction their death will cause, which I guess falls back under the Devil You Know clause.