GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm missing too much sleep to figure out just exactly how this is a burn on me, but I'll chime in anyway. The only bits of fiction I've ever seen address dragon clutch size were Dungeons and Dragons and the Dragonriders of Pern series.

Pern dragons are more sci-fi than fantasy as they are domesticated and quite a bit smaller than traditional fantasy dragons, the largest dragons ever being a bit smaller than Dany's dragons but with the vast majority being far smaller. "Present day" healthy clutch size would be in the 20-50 range.

D&D dragon clutch size was something like 2-5, but D&D dragons are also highly intelligent, capable of speech/complex communication, and just generally far more high fantasy than Dany's dragons.
Burn? I knew you'd have sufficient knowledge. So 2-5, but possibly more due to the primitiveness of GoT dragons

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

I had totally forgotten this....

• 13Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 16 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think the best way to answer the dragon egg question is to view the 3 eggs Dany got as being a set from a single dragon. So, probably 1-5

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How many eggs does a pregnant dragon lay on average? Is the last dragon living male or female? If female, is it possible that it was impregnated in an off-camera scene? If there was any need to show it, couldn't the next episode contain a scene where the dragon flies out of its nest and the camera pans down to show a dozen eggs sitting there?
laden or unladen?

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the best way to answer the dragon egg question is to view the 3 eggs Dany got as being a set from a single dragon. So, probably 1-5

Yes, I'd actually been guessing that Viserion, Rhaegal, and Drogon were clutch mates. If Drogon was secretly female (and sexually mature at that) I would have assumed that Viserion and Rhaegal would be disinclined to breed with her, but maybe mimicking the behavior of their dragons was how the tradition of incest initially took root in House Targaryen, and maybe that, just as much as magic receding from the world, was responsible for the decline of their 'domesticated' dragons. So it wouldn't be completely surprising for the writers to show us a nest of dragon eggs at some point in the remaining two episodes.

This is just wild speculation about GRRM's world building but since I've taken the time to think about it this morning I've also come to suspect that the original three eggs were never 'petrified' but rather that the ambient level of magic in the world had dropped too low for them to hatch without the aid of Daenerys' suicide pyre. That's more relevant to the books though, which are unlikely to ever be finished at this point.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone remember when the night King’s mass Rez occurred? I’m not going back to watch it some of those corpses shown at the mass funeral should have exploded when Arya knifed the NK right? I don’t think everyone should have poofed but weren’t some of the main characters shown coming back as zombies?

Not sure what you mean, but the White Walkers/NK are the only ones that would "explode". Wights just stopped having magic animate them and would only fall apart if there was nothing else holding them together like the skeletons that chased Bran into the 3 eyed raven's cave

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They all shake hands and agree to be friends, and thus war never touched the united seven kingdoms ever again.

The End.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what you mean, but the White Walkers/NK are the only ones that would "explode". Wights just stopped having magic animate them and would only fall apart if there was nothing else holding them together like the skeletons that chased Bran into the 3 eyed raven's cave

Ah ok. I just remember explosions, didn’t remember stuff just collapsing. Well fucking whew, I was worried there was some inconsistency.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, I'd actually been guessing that Viserion, Rhaegal, and Drogon were clutch mates. If Drogon was secretly female (and sexually mature at that) I would have assumed that Viserion and Rhaegal would be disinclined to breed with her, but maybe mimicking the behavior of their dragons was how the tradition of incest initially took root in House Targaryen, and maybe that, just as much as magic receding from the world, was responsible for the decline of their 'domesticated' dragons. So it wouldn't be completely surprising for the writers to show us a nest of dragon eggs at some point in the remaining two episodes.

This is just wild speculation about GRRM's world building but since I've taken the time to think about it this morning I've also come to suspect that the original three eggs were never 'petrified' but rather that the ambient level of magic in the world had dropped too low for them to hatch without the aid of Daenerys' suicide pyre. That's more relevant to the books though, which are unlikely to ever be finished at this point.
i guess you could ask her about the dragon eggs
In 54 AC, Elissa petitioned Rhaena to leave once more. Rhaena permitted her request stone-faced, while Aerea wept for Elissa. Neither Targaryen princess knew of Elissa's destination, and she discreetly stole three dragon eggs from Dreamfyre's clutch. She departed for Driftmark, where she took ship to Pentos and made her way overland to Braavos under the name Alys Westhill and secured an audience with the Sealord of Braavos, selling him the eggs. With the gold, Elissa financed the building of her carrack, the Sun Chaser.[1] She set sail with a word of caution from the Sealord, due to the scandal that the theft of the dragon eggs had caused the Targaryens.[7] Androw fell into depression at Dragonstone, as Elissa had been his closest friend.[1] Septon Barth, the Hand of the King to Jaehaerys I Targaryen, was sent to Braavos to investigate the missing dragon eggs. The Sealord denied having them, but agreed to reduce the Iron Throne's debts to the Iron Bank of Braavos.[7]
but she hasnt been seen since season 1
latest

• 1Seriously?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The target audience is now essential oil selling middle aged white women who have #MotherOfDragons in their twitter bio.

I kid you not I know a woman who has a VERY expensive special pass for Comicpalooza in Houston this weekend for the explicit reason of getting VIP access to Emilia Clarke. I asked her if she'd get a Starbucks cup autographed....

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't feel like rewatching it, but I'm pretty sure it was a premeditated plan between Sansa and Littlefinger, and Littlefinger told her ahead of time that Ramsay was a monster.
LF didn't tell Sansa ahead of time about how awful Ramsay is. She confronts him about it asking "did you know? If you did you're a liar, if you didn't you're a fool." Or something like that.... They met in Molestown with Brienne there as a body guard, sometime during her stay at Castle Black so season 6 sometime towards the beginning / middle of the season.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, in the show Qyburn created a super scorpion. They did at least show that.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always thought that Littlefinger really did not know just how bad Ramsay was. He sends Sansa off to the Boltons with the instruction "marry this Bolton boy", suggesting by the way he refers to him that he did not know him all that well. Could be he knew and downplayed it, but when Sansa said Roose Bolton scared her, he confirmed that she's right to be scared of him because he is a dangerous man. He didn't downplay that.