GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watch this....

Yeah this hit viral-- as well as some other cast comments/interviews.

It's starting to dogpile quickly. You posted this Monday, and by Thursday its still building traction.

The cast isn't stupid. They know the season is ass and there is no Big Bad (Disney) as there exists in other franchises to control what they are saying.

They are free to speak their mind-- expect more criticism in the coming weeks.

This is what free speech looks like.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah this hit viral-- as well as some other cast comments/interviews.

It's starting to dogpile quickly. You posted this Monday, and by Thursday its still building traction.

The cast isn't stupid. They know the season is ass and there is no Big Bad (Disney) as there exists in other franchises to control what they are saying.

They are free to speak their mind-- expect more criticism in the coming weeks.

This is what free speech looks like.
To be fair, they might just be butthurt because their characters got the shit end of the stick just for shock value. Which is very understandable because everyone who were fans of their characters got the shit end too. That being said, this show has been pulling this shit for years. Stannis didnt even get a proper death scene and lots of us were on team stannis.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im sorry guys, but I think this show is just bad now.

The costumes, set design, some of the original lore, the witty maneuvering by Tyrion (when he actually was worth anything), overall acting, the badass Swords from the respective houses, there are many appealing elements about this show. We all wanted season 4 to be like a hiccup, anomaly. They would figure it out.

But they didnt. They have nothing, the ending is going to be entirely underwhelming and possibly even fucking stupid. This was all hard for me to say as I am a huge defender of this show. But I cant even accept this shit anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Im sorry guys, but I think this show is just bad now.

The costumes, set design, some of the original lore, the witty maneuvering by Tyrion (when he actually was worth anything), overall acting, the badass Swords from the respective houses, there are many appealing elements about this show. We all wanted season 4 to be like a hiccup, anomaly. They would figure it out.

But they didnt. They have nothing, the ending is going to be entirely underwhelming and possibly even fucking stupid. This was all hard for me to say as I am a huge defender of this show. But I cant even accept this shit anymore.

What are you apologizing for? Most of us are in awe at how utterly shit-tacularly bad it has become. I haven't looked at the spoilers so I can preserve the numb disappointment that is coming. Scratch that...it's not disappointment that I am looking forward to, but rather giddy wild-eyed schadenfreude.

I mean...the finest example of how bad this show has become is the (inevitible) culmination of Bran's story arc IS THAT HE LIKES HIS FUCKING CHAIR DESIGN. Bran The Mystic Furniture Aficionado.

Bran The Mystic Furniture Aficionado.

• 3Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Schadenfreude is all we have left now. We will hate watch the final 2 episodes and then this thread will explode with levels of autism the likes of which God has never seen.

• 8Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Schadenfreude is all we have left now. We will hate watch the final 2 episodes and then this thread will explode with levels of autism the likes of which God has never seen.
Until the next Star Wars movie comes out.

• 3Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am starting to wonder if we will actually get a real ending. There needs to be the sort of 'aint no coming back from this' sort of ending that cements things in place versus just being the status quo until some other claimant to the throne / whatever comes along. Irrespective of the whole bit of explaining why Dragons are back now, spells started working again etc. which seems to have been dropped entirely.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I am starting to wonder if we will actually get a real ending. There needs to be the sort of 'aint no coming back from this' sort of ending that cements things in place versus just being the status quo until some other claimant to the throne / whatever comes along. Irrespective of the whole bit of explaining why Dragons are back now, spells started working again etc. which seems to have been dropped entirely.

Dragon's aren't "back". There were three. Not even taking into consideration gender, at least 2 should need to survive to have a clutch of new eggs. Only one is alive now. Until they find more eggs, and just the right combo of a bloodline and black magic the odds of them being "back" past this one remaining one's lifespan isn't good. And my bet is that one dies before the end of the season.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The uptick in magic level was a huge part of the novels (where the red comet has been seen much more than the 15 second or so we saw it in season 3 or whatever) and with that some flavor of 'its a new age' type of crossroads added to the epic nature of the story.

After all without all the mystical stuff and magic working that never did before the story of Roberts Rebellion would have made a much more compelling narrative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A downer ending where the undead win after the living fail to put up a stand because they weakened themselves by infighting looked like a real option for a while.

Haven't read any spoilers, but by now I'm expecting something cheesy with tons of loose ends. Like, are we even going to see Yara Greyjoy, Edmure or Robyn Arryn again? So many story threads just cut loose.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
An "undead ending" because of infighting would've been badass if they guilt-tripped the moral aspect of it. Show the cities in ruins and some of the cast as undead would've been killer, especially if they had a spot showing two mortal enemies shambling side-by-side as zombies.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The uptick in magic level was a huge part of the novels (where the red comet has been seen much more than the 15 second or so we saw it in season 3 or whatever) and with that some flavor of 'its a new age' type of crossroads added to the epic nature of the story.

After all without all the mystical stuff and magic working that never did before the story of Roberts Rebellion would have made a much more compelling narrative.
There's probably a huge part of the book ending being related to the magic of the world and the showrunners have cut it out completely to save money and not film the necessary seasons that it would require. They're just giving us endings for our characters. It's probably why the Horn of Joramun was dropped for a magic element already in the show (dragons), Dragonbinder for the scorpions, and there's no mention of the lengthy seasons anymore, which Gurrm had said there would be an explanation for.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well there might have been at one point, but the books now are (besides late) so chock full of characters that I doubt they even have time for the Song of Ice and Fire part of the story.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dude...if Mist is gonna argue that something WASN'T rape, that's a topic worth exploring. Besides, this is the thread for it.

My question is did she actually consent to the marriage to Ramsay before the Boltons had control of her? I honestly can't remember.
I don't feel like rewatching it, but I'm pretty sure it was a premeditated plan between Sansa and Littlefinger, and Littlefinger told her ahead of time that Ramsay was a monster.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dragon's aren't "back". There were three. Not even taking into consideration gender, at least 2 should need to survive to have a clutch of new eggs. Only one is alive now. Until they find more eggs, and just the right combo of a bloodline and black magic the odds of them being "back" past this one remaining one's lifespan isn't good. And my bet is that one dies before the end of the season.

How many eggs does a pregnant dragon lay on average? Is the last dragon living male or female? If female, is it possible that it was impregnated in an off-camera scene? If there was any need to show it, couldn't the next episode contain a scene where the dragon flies out of its nest and the camera pans down to show a dozen eggs sitting there?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How many eggs does a pregnant dragon lay on average? Is the last dragon living male or female? If female, is it possible that it was impregnated in an off-camera scene? If there was any need to show it, couldn't the next episode contain a scene where the dragon flies out of its nest and the camera pans down to show a dozen eggs sitting there?

That would be idiotic, out of place, unexplained and pointless since the series is about to end.

Which means it will probably happen.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
well... i mean i get your point, but in reality, if she DIDN'T consent, he would have killed her. which isn't really consent. let's not devolve into a "it was or wasn't rape" conversation.
Image result for the implication gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf