GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lol wut.

You might be trolling, but I have to bite.

First of all, the books will never be written.

Second, the Dothraki charge was not only spectacularly disastrous from a tactical standpoint, but also made zero sense in terms of the larger strategy, given these are legendary horsemen. Tales of Dothraki screamers echoed through the high halls of Westerosi lords for generations. Their prestige, lore and pure value as a military asset lent to having them provide some sort of impact in Westeros, SOME payoff. This isnt even mentioning the effort it took to get them there (they are notoriously uneasy about water, and they still crossed for their khaleesi), or the logistics involved, how much build up behind it etc.

They could have had a scout party lead by the most hardened/trusted Dothraki, Mel lights their weapons, they charge in to try and see what the battle lines are like, you can have the same visual of the weapons aflame starting to be snuffed out in a wide shot and have the SAME effect. Instead lets just have them all charge to their deaths uselessly so we dont have to spend money filming/paying these guys and even up the balance of power for the battle of the Queens.

The Red Priestess death scene was fucking stupid. Why go out like that? Poorly written. And Massandei saying Dracarys? EVEN MORE FUCKING STUPID. Jesus man what the hell is wrong with you lol.

Yeah the Dothraki really didn't do shit in Westeros, did they? They fucked some Lannisters up in the "Loot Train" battle, but that victory was mostly thanks to dragon power. Dany ferried the entire Dothraki race over to Westeros and barely even got anything out of them aside from one cinematically cool but tactically cringeworthy scene.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
At this point its like you met a super hot girl you were all into, took her on a Caribbean vacation to propose, but before dinner she stupidly dove into the swallow end of the hotel pool smashed her head into the bottom and ended up a being a retard for life.

Holy shit LMAO. At least not legally obligated to her yet!

spronk

FPS noob
hey if you didn't watch season 8 you wouldn't understand these memes

75q9ptoq6dx21.jpg

jzerf3iy3bx21.jpg

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
So it sounds like Euron's actor had a different view of what the character was going to end being vs the show version...

wUtoGCZ.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
So it sounds like Euron's actor had a different view of what the character was going to end being vs the show version...

wUtoGCZ.png

Jesus tap dancing Christ on a fucking cracker is EVERYONE a better writer for this show than the actual fucking writers?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Euron wasn't ever interested in cersei or being her punk. He wanted a dragon queen and wanted those dragons working for him. He even had a dragon horn and his own red magician.

Oldbased

> Than U
It is a goddamn shame I am more hyped about BITCHING about a episode I haven't seen yet than I am to even watch Episode 5.
At this point I may just skip watching it and just bitch how godawful it was anyways.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm surprised that Dany hasnt interacted with Bran AT ALL. I'm not even sure if they even greeted eachother? Jon obviously revealed to her that Bran was a greenseer, and given her background with Essos and the different gods and Faith's they have there, the prophecies of the witch she put so much faith in, her desire to understand her true lineage and the curiosity behind Rhaegar and her fathets rule etc., would at least make her a LITTLE curious about talking to him? Tyrion was wise enough to do it but Dany just ignoring his knowledge is bizzare.

You would think she would at least hint at having a word with him, or actually make it a plot element where she talks to Bran and then the audience doesn't know what was discussed leading to her acting based off of events foresaw to counteract Cersei.

But no, no why use one of the most effective weapons/forces you have at your disposal at the most critical time in the history of the world? The guy is basically a biological i cloud that can also see the future based on current and past data that he has stored in perpetuity and can access on demand.

But again, nope he is too busy talking in half riddles warging buzzards while Dany goes deeper down the dark path of turning into a self absorbed female immolator who will stop at nothing until she gets what she wants.

Even though I dont want to see Drogon die, if he does, it will be nice to see her come back down to Earth and just fucking die with her "baby".

This isn't a Dany issue. EVERYONE should be asking Bran shit nonstop instead of just ignoring him as he sits in the background dropping occasional knowledge bombs or creepy one liners

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
Pretty much how I feel about it.

Hey now, Urine wrecking 8 years of khaleesi/draggooon buildup in this show in 3 seconds is now the highlight along with Hound/Arya adventures...

u.gif

I also loved the barbs on the spears now facing the wrong way.
"We improved the ballista 1000%, but change the barb direction during production because we don't want the dragggooons having trouble pulling them out..."

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

wUtoGCZ.png
instead of being a more dimensional character they give him dimension warping abilities, that he can take down and raid Yara's entire fleet and he can warp behind rocks to make surprise bow attacks on dragons.

i mean so far, he's the greatest captain with a huge win streak, his only flaw is being a MILF lover.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Hey now, Urine wrecking 8 years of khaleesi/draggooon buildup in this show in 3 seconds is now the highlight along with Hound/Arya adventures...

View attachment 207064

I also loved the barbs on the spears now facing the wrong way.
"We improved the ballista 1000%, but change the barb direction during production because we don't want the dragggooons having trouble pulling them out..."

View attachment 207065
View attachment 207066

They just kinda forgot which way barbs are supposed to face.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
lol wut.

Second, the Dothraki charge was not only spectacularly disastrous from a tactical standpoint, but also made zero sense in terms of the larger strategy, given these are legendary horsemen. Tales of Dothraki screamers echoed through the high halls of Westerosi lords for generations. Their prestige, lore and pure value as a military asset lent to having them provide some sort of impact in Westeros, SOME payoff. This isnt even mentioning the effort it took to get them there (they are notoriously uneasy about water, and they still crossed for their khaleesi), or the logistics involved, how much build up behind it etc.

They still have half left as per episode 4 - even though the only people still standing in Winterfell were named characters, lol

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Euron wasn't ever interested in cersei or being her punk. He wanted a dragon queen and wanted those dragons working for him. He even had a dragon horn and his own red magician.

And warlocks of Quarth held as prisoners to teach him the occult.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And warlocks of Quarth held as prisoners to teach him the occult.
and he was raiding the ruins of Valerya, so who knows what other crazy shit he had besides that horn. dude was definitely legit. on Tv he's knockoff Jack Sparrow

• 1Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The last one seemed tropier with certain acting and storytelling choices. The second half seemed flat after ep 3 at least as an individual episode. There's currently a lot of mongoloid dogshit theories, whining and bleating not worth a glance as usual. Anticipate the next will be exciting.