GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
What? Seriously?

That goes against the Faceless Man's creed. You don't kill someone who's name you know. That's why all these fuckers who figure out she's going to go join it before she even figures it out (because they know the coin and the phrase means they have to help someone who is a faceless man, or is owed a debt by the faceless men) constantly tell her their names.
Didn't stop Jaqen. He specifically asked Arya for names. Plus I am pretty sure he knew who Pate was as he seems to be trying to get close to Marwin.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have you guys just not read any of the Arya chapters since she got there? They're doing their best to beat the concepts in to her head. She's a stubborn little fucker though...
Glad you've been reading the same thing I have, because I was starting to think I was imagining it. Yes, absolutely, the point of the training is so that you kill whoever they tell you to. But I'm pretty sure GRRM has made it clear that Arya doesn't give a shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It'll end up being 3 at least. Yeah he had written 100 manuscript pages for TWoW by the time he had finished ADwD (which was about 1500 manuscript pages long or so). Doubt he's on anymore than 400 right now, as he probably took like a year out after ADwD/he's slow as fuck.
Didn't we get this same story about Feast and ADwD. "Oh, Feast was running too long, so I've broken it in to two books. Don't worry, ADwD is 50% finished already since it was supposed to all be in Feast." And then we get a century and a half of waiting. Anyways, book thread derail maybe.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It seems to me Varys for the most part is perfectly happy letting LF be LF because his selfish ambition only serves to further undermine the usurped throne.

Cybsled

It sounds like Martin writes like I do: He churns out the fun stuff/high motivation stuff, then gets bogged down when he has to attend to the less interesting stuff that is still required for the story or a character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Storm of Swords, Chapter 80. Lysa says that she persuaded Jon to give LF his post on the small council and that she had put the Tears of Lys in his wine as LF had insisted. She then goes on to say that she then wrote the letter sent to Catelyn claiming the Lannisters were Jon's murderers, once again at the demands of LF. So, if you missed that LF was the mastermind of the entire thing, yes you might need a reread.
Lysa killed jon arryn, not LF. yeah he told her to do it. but dumb bitch could have said NO.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GRRM needs an Annie Wilkes(Misery) to 'coax' him along.
smile.png
she'll have him finishing all 3 books and lose 100 pounds in less than a year.

Goatface

has any site figured up how much screen time each actor is getting? the way it is going this season, seems like most of the cast could have knocked out all of their scenes in less than a week.

may have skipped over someone else bringing it up, but the head guys said they wanted to do 8 seasons and were ok ending it before the final book.

Chris

Potato del Grande
On the Myra Stone topic, they have described in detail the defences of The Eyrie twice now. I'm going to guess that Daenarys will land in Westeros in The Vale via Pentos and dragon the shit out of it (and Littlefinger).

geffe71_sl

shitlord
OK, Im still halfway into CoK (i know im in the wrong forum, but i came out of seclusion to ask this question) and its been bugging me since i finished GoT. good to know it wasnt just a flight of fancy reference in the book.