GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure the forcible removal of his dong will accelerate that transformation.
Yeah, I'm guessing we won't see him next week at all, then before the end of the season we'll check in and find him more or less completely broken.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not a great episode. Tyrion continues to be pussified in every scene now. Theon continues to get tortured. Bear scene was underwhelming.

Did they ever explain why they replaced a somewhat memorable character like Vargo Hoat with a completely uninspired character (Locke?)? Also looks like the show is never going to show dream scenes as we miss the Jaime dream with him under Casterly Rock (before he goes back to rescue Brienne).

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I don't know, i think the music in the end was just a testament to the absolute powerhouse that is Tywin Lannister. Even if Boltons Retainer claimed that he's not giving a fuck about the Lannisters; in the end he ducks away once Jaime brings up Tywin again.

It's really bizarre this guy only ended up as Hand and not as King proper somewhere along the line. Also, i'm not watching that shit with Theon, jesus fuck i wish they would axe Ramsay in the show.

And what's it with Melisandre being in Kings Landing, is she making shadow babies again to kill Joffrey?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one enjoying the Theon scenes? Watching them build Ramsay into such a psycho is great.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I mostly enjoy watching my mother freak out with the realization that yes, people can be more fucked up than even Joff.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ramsay's great, the horn was fucking hilarious.

Melisandre was sailing out of King's Landing to return to Dragonstone with Gendry.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Theon scenes are incredibly disgusting and disturbing. I wish they would have been cut from the show. Or, they would have just killed the character off or shown him rotting in a jail cell at the end of season 2 and called it good.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not a great episode. Tyrion continues to be pussified in every scene now. Theon continues to get tortured. Bear scene was underwhelming.

Did they ever explain why they replaced a somewhat memorable character like Vargo Hoat with a completely uninspired character (Locke?)? Also looks like the show is never going to show dream scenes as we miss the Jaime dream with him under Casterly Rock (before he goes back to rescue Brienne).
RR Martin wrote this ep. It seemed to me he was literally fixing the plot holes created by the TV show and getting it back on track.

Call me crazy but I really, really think the Vargo Hoat changes were due to sensitivities about being handicapped. Making fun of a lisp could be very insenstive, the same way showing the Theon and Ramsays bitches (the girls and the dogs) is too similar to shit that has happened in the past in Europe and just recently here in Cleveland. They didn't know that then, but that's why you don't do shit like that even on HBO, it's just way too graphic and in depth.

Not saying it's true, and not saying I agree. But that's how I've rationalized it. As Jaime said at the very end of the episode to the fans as much as Hoat....

"Sorry about the Sapphires"

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Changing Vargo Hoat was just a streamlining process. Hoat ended up trying to swap sides with Bolton anyway, so it's just a simple matter of making Locke into a Bolton bannerman. It's just so the audience can follow it more easily.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
But it does eliminate a fan favorite...Thapphires and Kingthayer

You're right tho, they need to streamline shit, so it's best to use the most insensitive shit that will piss a small minority off.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
When people call an episode like this poor, I'm not sure what reason they're watching the show for as it seems to be a different reason than myself. I thought most of the plots got to move forward and most of the characters develop a step as well as some interesting insight.

The "final" exchange between Brianne and Jaime the night before he heads out I thought was very moving and really was a very big payoff scene for the two of them, even if their story ended there, it would have been a good ending.

The "girl talk" between Margaery and Sansa was cute and also shows Sansa maturing and the positive influence Margaery has on her, a slightly older woman who knows how the game is played and knows "Yeah, trust me, you could do worse".

Arya is struggling with way too much stuff and you see the influence of her dad over how she thinks verses how the Brotherhood has to manage and make compromises.

I don't know, I saw a lot of good stuff and greatly enjoyed it.

The one thing that struck me was Tywin. It was a great scene, him calling Jeoffrey a twat without using the words, I found it odd that Tywin seems to be making no effort into making Jeoffrey less of a twat. The one time the little shit is showing any kind of interest in ruling the kingdom, instead of saying "Ok, here's something you can learn" he tells him to fuck off. Which, while entertaining for us at home, seems like a bad long term plan.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just keep in mind that there are multiple posters on this board that think that Spartacus was the best TV show ever made.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
When people call an episode like this poor, I'm not sure what reason they're watching the show for as it seems to be a different reason than myself. I thought most of the plots got to move forward and most of the characters develop a step as well as some interesting insight.

The "final" exchange between Brianne and Jaime the night before he heads out I thought was very moving and really was a very big payoff scene for the two of them, even if their story ended there, it would have been a good ending.

The "girl talk" between Margaery and Sansa was cute and also shows Sansa maturing and the positive influence Margaery has on her, a slightly older woman who knows how the game is played and knows "Yeah, trust me, you could do worse".

Arya is struggling with way too much stuff and you see the influence of her dad over how she thinks verses how the Brotherhood has to manage and make compromises.

I don't know, I saw a lot of good stuff and greatly enjoyed it.

The one thing that struck me was Tywin. It was a great scene, him calling Jeoffrey a twat without using the words, I found it odd that Tywin seems to be making no effort into making Jeoffrey less of a twat. The one time the little shit is showing any kind of interest in ruling the kingdom, instead of saying "Ok, here's something you can learn" he tells him to fuck off. Which, while entertaining for us at home, seems like a bad long term plan.
I dunno, I think the show is strong in some aspects and weak in others. There are some scenes that are great and then some that have some bad writing. I thought the Tyrion/Shae scene was pretty bad but maybe that's a reflection on how bad the actress is? I think the Theon stuff is overdone, we get it, Ramsay is a badass and a sadist, I don't think we need 10 minutes every episode to show that. Especially when there are other areas/characters that could use more time.

Just because Martin wrote this episode doesn't mean it's automatically good.

Anyway, about last episode...

Does Talisa being pregnant (if true) invalidate that Robb with legitimize Jon in his will?
Doesn't Jaime get to KL after the Purple Wedding? I can't remember if anything crazy happens with Jaime/Brienne after he rescues her from the bear. He's got to kill basically a whole season before he arrives (assuming PW happens mid-late S4).

khalid

Unelected Mod
Does Talisa being pregnant (if true) invalidate that Robb with legitimize Jon in his will?
Doesn't Jaime get to KL after the Purple Wedding? I can't remember if anything crazy happens with Jaime/Brienne after he rescues her from the bear. He's got to kill basically a whole season before he arrives (assuming PW happens mid-late S4).
Westeros and other book forums are going crazy over "Talisa is pregnant omg the will is gone now!". That doesn't make any sense. Robb had no reason to believe Jeyne wouldn't have gotten pregnant soon in the books and even with Talisa pregnant, if he dies in battle the problem remains that he has no person that can lead. A newborn baby isn't going to be able to hold things together and Talisa is a foreigner. They might cut the will out but something like it is still needed.

Jaime does get to KL after the Purple Wedding and it will throw a few things out of sync if he gets there early. They could just have it take him awhile to get there and still include them by having him start his left-hand training with Brienne.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nothing really happens on their trip, they go from Harrenhal to KL pretty quickly. The weddingshouldbe very early S4, first or second episode IMO. I'm half surprised they didn't try to fit it in the finale tbh.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jaime could just as easily come back and miss the PW and still do all the stuff he does in the book. what does he do there anyway? he becomes captain of the KG, cersei dumps him, frees tyrion from his cell, stands watch over his father's corpse, gives brienne the reforged half of ned starks sword and sends her away, then leaves himself? not too much stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree. If you want to be pretty forgiving you can think of this as a way to show that Tywin is basically useless as a parent. The other way you can look at it is that Tywin doesn't trust Joeffrey and wants to isolate him as much as possible until after the two weddings. For all Tywin knows Joeffrey will get a bit of knowledge of what's going on and go behind Tywin's back and do something retarded like trying to kill Tyrion.

I also think they should cut the Theon scenes more, but as a book reader when you explicitly know the end any kind of slasher/suspense plotline is ruined because you know the worst of it, and the hope-crushing story of Theon falls flat when the viewer has no hope to begin with.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Great episode that built on a lot of storylines. Looking forward and yet dreading the last two episodes. These seasons are way to short.