GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Jon was never fire proof. Didn’t he burn his hand way back in S1 when the wight tries to kill the lord commander?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What if The Lord of Light really fucking hated this little girl and he set forth all these plans just to make sure she died

anyways RIP Game of Thrones see you all in The Longest Night thread next year, and all you fuckers who said you will never watch anything GOT/D&D will break that promise
I'll watch the sequels if they get great reviews. I doubt they will.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I don't really get what is so confusing about Jon going Back in Black. They did it because they knew he would rather be up there, and that Greywurm would be none the wiser. So, "punishment".

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Jon was never fire proof. Didn’t he burn his hand way back in S1 when the wight tries to kill the lord commander?
Maybe you only get fireproof if you do Targaryen incest. Was Daeny's mom the mad king's cousin or something? My geek level isn't high enough to hold that knowledge.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Honestly I am not sure even if Jon would consider it much of a punishment. Okay there is nothing to really guard against so go live with the wildlings beyond the wall with ghost and um live with people who really like you and accept you as one of them. That does not seem to be that harsh after killing a queen.
he's essentially new mance rayder

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Boy, do I not understand the story he was trying to tell at all then.

Daenrys couldn't control her fire and blood after losing dragons, Jorah and Missandei. She became mad with vengeance and wielded power recklessly.

That's the part I think most people missed.

Correction: refuse to accept

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Daenrys couldn't control her fire and blood after losing dragons, Jorah and Missandei. She became mad with vengeance and wielded power recklessly.

That's the part I think most people missed.

People didn't miss it at all, also throw in being a little jealous of how liked Jon was with knowing he had a better claim to the throne than she did...they just thought there wasn't nearly enough time to show her losing that control over those things. Also the fact that the moment for her to snap and totally lose it was when she...wins? I agree with Lithose or whoever that was saying the whole writing of the surrender and bells ringing was just handled poorly given that is supposed to be the moment where Dany loses control and decides everyone must burn.

• 1Like

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Less likely that it was missed as opposed to poorly portrayed on screen.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

He didnt burn with fire, he burned his hand on the hot metal...sort of like Dany being fireproof but hot water in a tub bothered her in season 1

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The main problem I had with Weiss & Benioff's writing, compared to GRRM... they didn't stray outside the safe zone.
They wrote spectacles before substance.
We waited 2 years for these final 6 episodes.
Season 7 (7+8) has been a 3 year ordeal by itself and they didn't do anything shocking, other then be shockingly bad.
They also refused magic as much as possible even though leading up we had a lot of magical storylines: Arya, Bran, Red Woman, Necromancer, Dragons/Daeny, Night King, White Walkers, Children of the Forest, etc etc etc.
Why couldn't they incorporate a bit of Magic in this finale? They excluded every single magical element except for Dragons & the 1 episode with the undead. WTF.

It basically tells me these 2 guys have no imagination and didn't want to invent up some magical elements to complete any of those storylines, so they kept it as grounded as possible.
The scenario above where Jon could be immune to Drogon's fire, then Drogon bends the knee and Jon is Azor Ahai, could have been a bad ass moment. Lots of other scenarios that could have been absolutely epic if they had any imagination whatsoever.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
People didn't miss it at all, also throw in being a little jealous of how liked Jon was with knowing he had a better claim to the throne than she did...they just thought there wasn't nearly enough time to show her losing that control over those things. Also the fact that the moment for her to snap and totally lose it was when she...wins? I agree with Lithose or whoever that was saying the whole writing of the surrender and bells ringing was just handled poorly given that is supposed to be the moment where Dany loses control and decides everyone must burn.

Missandei shouts dracarys before being beheaded. Lol how random it was she decided to go on a burning spree, wtf were they thinking.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The last season reminded me of when Eddie Murphy said fuck it and let stranga or whatever her name was make the commercial for perfume.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Missandei shouts dracarys before being beheaded. Lol how random it was she decided to go on a burning spree, wtf were they thinking.

And she meant burn women and children and not Cersei/The Mountain who were killing her? I mean there's a massive gap between yelling dracarys while you burn Euron's fleet to the waterline and take out the Red Keep with the Queen in it versus actually winning and having the city forces surrender and just murdering a couple hundred thousand innocent people.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He didnt burn with fire, he burned his hand on the hot metal...sort of like Dany being fireproof but hot water in a tub bothered her in season 1
yea, i mean Jon was like 1ft away from a 3000f flame that melted iron in a matter of seconds, but then his clothes really should have been synged off

• 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah, Drogon burns off all Jons clothes and he rides out naked while burning all Dany's followers to death. That would have been fucking epic.

Last scene is them putting a crown on his bald fucking head.

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
The fact greyworm did not instantly execute both Jon and Tyrion is beyond me.

Also, how in the hell did greyworm + friends leave Danny unprotected/guarded for even a non second in the ruins of a freshly conquered city? Much less let anyone, even Jon, get within 20 feet of her with a weapon.

Greyworm should of killed himself in shame after offing jon/tyrion.

Agree on Tyrion. But Greyworm can't kill Jon because Jon is Dany's consort.

Last edited: