GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So I guess I can just skip downloading the last season and wait ten years for the new and improved Brandon Sanderson ending? Cool, will do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
?? i was going by their titles. if Lords are electing a King, that makes sense, kids of Lords really doesnt.

I don't recall Bran or Brienne having any input into Bran's selection as king, and Sam is the rightful heir of House Tarly and likely the highest ranked lord of the Reach at that point.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sam would technically be the new head of house Tarly with his father and brother being dead, assuming at some point he was pardoned from being in the Night's Watch, I guess, and maybe that did happen with him being shown as Grand Maester later, but at the time of the meeting he was still wearing the black leathers of the Night's Watch, so Chuk is technically correct with the information available to us. The entire "kingsmoot" scene was garbage, and a prime example of what they could slop together in a hurry to make something fit the details they were given.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Sam's NightWatch days seem to have been absolved and he is the rightful Lord as well as the only academic that is willing to deal with these Yahoos. Old Town should have been repped though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
?? i was going by their titles. if Lords are electing a King, that makes sense, kids of Lords really doesnt.

I know they totally glossed over it, but Dany burning Sam's father and brother makes him the Lord Tarly. Bran is the last male Stark. Not sure if we ever get word what happens to Brienne's parents, though...but she is a knight of the realm.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

The kid of a lord becomes the lord when their father dies.

Bran, the last surviving full blood son of Ned Stark is the Lord of Winterfell. Sam became Lord as the last remaining male Tarly left alive.

Brienne...eh, you may have a point with her. As far as I know shes just a knight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
unless I've completely blanked that scene out, I don't recall Brienne getting a vote in the first place. I could be wrong though, maybe it happened when I was picking my eyes up after I rolled them so hard they fell out.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Putting aside the prequels, I'd put money on HBO trying to continue this story within 15 years.

Easy Peasy... Drogon flies back to Valeria where there is a clutch of eggs, Lays Dany's body on them and breathes fire to hatch them (optionally bringing her back). New dragons roam the world while magic starts to "resurface". Jon's has had kids with a wildling, which produces enough Targ blood to tame/ride them. Sansa is now the bad guy. And Bran getting close to dying is causing a civil war picking a new king.

Assuming "GoT : Detectve Drogon" doesn't become a hit....

• 2Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
unless I've completely blanked that scene out, I don't recall Brienne getting a vote in the first place. I could be wrong though, maybe it happened when I was picking my eyes up after I rolled them so hard they fell out.

You blanked good sir, she says aye. Lithose Lithose another example of little details that people can't seem to keep straight, again not a particularly egregious one, and quite forgivable. But then take the proceeding posts about Sam being the new Lord Tarly, and everyone apparently forgetting that when you take the black, you give up all claim to title, lands, and income assumed by your family, regardless of who dies, you are no longer part of succession. I'm assuming that him being Grand Maester later, means Bran royally decreed him pardoned of his oath to the Night's Watch or some other bullshit, much like a bastard can be legitimized by royal decree.

• 4Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Bran, the last surviving full blood son of Ned Stark is the Lord of Winterfell. Sam became Lord as the last remaining male Tarly left alive.

Brienne...eh, you may have a point with her. As far as I know shes just a knight.
but Sansa is Lord of Winterfell, she even got to vote at the bigboy meeting. and what is Ser Davos lord of?

• 1Picard

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well Davos did say, “not even sure if I get to vote.” So there was -some- insight by the writers that the question exists. Not sure if we’re supposed to extrapolate that to others having a “say” while not having a “vote.”

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well Davos did say, “not even sure if I get to vote.” So there was -some- insight by the writers that the question exists. Not sure if we’re supposed to extrapolate that to others having a “say” while not having a “vote.”
yeah, i mean if randos can get to vote for a fucking King along with Lords of realms, then it is fucking democracy anyway.

Caliane

Did the Unsullied and Dothraki get rezzed after the battle with the dead? I mean it seemed very much like they were decimated from that battle, but come episodes 5 and 6 they were seemingly thousands strong again... Especially the Dothraki. We seem them all charge into the army of the dead at the start of episode 3 where most of them should have been taken down very quickly, but in episodes 5 and 6 there seems to be even more of them...does not compute. Was there a scene somewhere where they for some reason decided not to bring all their troops to fight the undead?
Yes, thats actually what the flame swords did. it was a cast of Death Ward, and Gentile Repose.

Deathward 4th level abjuration. Cleric.
Touch a creature. The first time it drops to 0 hit points from taking damage, it instead drops to 1 hit point and the spell ends. If the target is subjected to an effect that would kill it instantly without dealing damage, the effect is negated and the spell ends.

Gentle Repose 2nd level necromancy. Cleric, Wizard, Ritual.
For the duration, the target is protected from decay and can't become undead. The spell also extends the time limit on raising the target from the dead from spells such as Raise Dead.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

wtf is davos there for?