GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
This is rushed and disappointing and a little stupid, but isn't anywhere near as bad as most of the bad series endings. Dexter almost certainly wins for worst ending.

Dexter won't be beat for how badly the story degenerated. This final 2 seasons of GoT was bad, but nowhere NEAR that bad. Even lost was better handled than dexter. Even the el-cheapo sopranos fade to black and nonsensical final season.

They really should have ended that series with the death of Rita. No, dexter wins. It is The Last Jedi in miniseries form.

I'd say it's not possible to end this type of show well, but The Wire and Mad Men both managed to stay strong to the end. And spartacus actually got better as it aged.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but Sansa is Lord of Winterfell, she even got to vote at the bigboy meeting. and what is Ser Davos lord of?
why are any of the 2 stark kids even there anyway?

Arya is just there b/c she's the badass that slew the night king and Bran is a fucking legit shaman, he's fucking dr strange

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Davos was landed by Stannis in one episode, I think.

I'm not sure that gives him a voice at the kingsmoot... but whatever. I think technically Ser Davos was a lord with title and lands not just an honorary knighthood.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why are any of the 2 stark kids even there anyway?

Arya is just there b/c she's the badass that slew the night king and Bran is a fucking legit shaman, he's fucking dr strange
that whole scene was just fanservice, completely pointless. Jon and Tyrion would have been hacked to bits in the case of treason or regicide by these guys. they wouldnt have kept them on ice so the Superfriends could mosey their asses over to the Ruins of KL and vote on something they really have no influence over.

• 2Like

Caliane

I dislike Shapiro's breakdown of character motivations. Not that I think he is wrong, just that they are so off from the book versions of the characters that it makes me wonder if anyone involved in the production of the show ever read them in the first place.

Bran didn't lift a finger because he moved beyond the cares of a mortal being. He wasn't even Bran any longer. It is why the entire ending is so goddamn stupid on its face. Bran is the least fit person to lead the realm at the end because his goals don't align with normal people at all. He is trying to avert hundred to thousand year disasters, not trying to figure out how much it costs to rebuild the fucking fleet or Red Keep.
yeah sure. But I mean book and tv show are not the same.

That line by Bran. I don't know how you can read it as anything other then sinister, and that Bran manipulated everyone on purpose. The lines to Theon etc, were hints, and suggested Bran knew what was going to happen. But, that final line confirms it. And worse, Bran is not just passively letting these things happen. "Chaos is a ladder". Hell in hindsight, that was not him mocking Littlefinger. it was him saying HE was Littlefinger 2.0 and playing the same game.

"why did Bran tell them about Aegon, anyway?" well theres you answer. He knew it would spread. Dany would be unsettled by it.
And hell, that is assuming he didn't actively use his warg/mind control powers to fuck with her emotions directly.
Taking that line into consideration, we have to assume that is exactly what he was doing during the Night king fight. Influencing someone.. living or dead to be in the right place at the right time, to die for him, or let the NK through to be killed by Arya.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
?? i was going by their titles. if Lords are electing a King, that makes sense, kids of Lords really doesnt.

All those people are either current lords or the last legitimate heirs of current lords. There's a scene in Joffrey's wedding where Cersei tells Brienne that as her father's daughter Brienne is a Lady of the Realm whether she wants to be or not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah sure. But I mean book and tv show are not the same.

That line by Bran. I don't know how you can read it as anything other then sinister, and that Bran manipulated everyone on purpose. The lines to Theon etc, were hints, and suggested Bran knew what was going to happen. But, that final line confirms it. And worse, Bran is not just passively letting these things happen. "Chaos is a ladder". Hell in hindsight, that was not him mocking Littlefinger. it was him saying HE was Littlefinger 2.0 and playing the same game.

"why did Bran tell them about Aegon, anyway?" well theres you answer. He knew it would spread. Dany would be unsettled by it.
And hell, that is assuming he didn't actively use his warg/mind control powers to fuck with her emotions directly.
Taking that line into consideration, we have to assume that is exactly what he was doing during the Night king fight. Influencing someone.. living or dead to be in the right place at the right time, to die for him, or let the NK through to be killed by Arya.
yea ever since Bran became 3 eye, he's been a total dick, i'm serious about him being dr strange
db66150f2b30cb4a49a1dc5ec40a2459.png

meera is like "my brother died for you, hodor died for you, the fucking dog died for you!!!"

bran is like "eh"

except dr strange is holding all this pre-info in, b/c he can't fuck up the timeline cuz it's the only good one where everyone lives.

Bran could have fucked off many times, and it wouldn't have mattered one bit, it's all just to get him to become king, cuz it seemingly seems like once he became king, he stopped seeing into the future cuz he's like at the small council... "yo, where is the fucking drogon?, guess i gotta go warg and find his ass"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All those people are either current lords or the last legitimate heirs of current lords. There's a scene in Joffrey's wedding where Cersei tells Brienne that as her father's daughter Brienne is a Lady of the Realm whether she wants to be or not.
i guess i just found it ironic that people with no titles get to vote for king when they just laughed at democracy.

• 1Picard

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would have enjoyed Drogon turning his fire direclty on Jon, then Jon being impervious to the fire, Drogon bends the knee, Jon mounts Drogon and melts the Unsullied and Dothraki to fucking ash. The end. Send me my check to rewrite the end HBO.
I actually thought this was going to happen during the scene...at least the Jon getting torched and nothing happening. And it would've made some sense of the undead dragon blasting little chunks of walls and Jon being okay.

Alas, that wasn't to be.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i guess i just found it ironic that people with no titles get to vote for king when they just laughed at democracy.
yea, oaths and shit don't even matter, even to someone like Sam.

he's wearing the knightswatch clothing, but he's already broken that oath and knocked up gily and basically said "well my father and brother who picked on me all my life are Dracarys'd, guess i'll just go take back those titles.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea, oaths and shit don't even matter, even to someone like Sam.

he's wearing the knightswatch clothing, but he's already broken that oath and knocked up gily and basically said "well my father and brother who picked on me all my life are Dracarys'd, guess i'll just go take back those titles.
that motherfucker was the Homer Simpson of Westeros. he fucked up every position he had and failed upward and upward. what was he the grand maester at the end?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist

They had titles. Sam Tarly is the Lord of Horn hill and Bran is Lord of Winterfell and Brienne is Lady of Tarth. Presumably that's why they were sitting there.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that motherfucker was the Homer Simpson of Westeros. he fucked up every position he had and failed upward and upward. what was he the grand maester at the end?
yea, tyrion put him in charge of the sewers as grand maester, bron is master of coin, davos is master of ships and brienne is kingsguard lord

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Don't know if someones said it yet BUT WHY THE FUCK WAS DAENERYS LEFT UNGUARDED IN THE RED KEEP AFTER JUST TAKING THE CITY
Last episode was about as good as could be expected.

I really think the issue was just they needed another season. Everything the past two seasons was too rushed. If they'd had another 8 episodes to develop more, I think it would have been more widely appreciated.

All in all, I'm just glad its fucking over and I have some closure on the story, in case George RR McFatass never finishes the novels (he won't)

Just got a chance to watch it now and this is exactly how I feel.

I’m not unhappy about many of the choices made, just annoyed at how they got there. Another season would have been a huge boon.

Also, don’t see the issue of Dany being “unguarded” as some people have said. She had freaking Drogon camping the entrance, what more could she need?
As for Drogon’s behavior both in regards to letting Jon enter and not killing him, I simply inferred that this was because he’s a Targaryen. Since Drogon would not kill him, he chose to melt the throne he would sit upon, and that which led to Danys end. I actually thought that scene was well done, if perhaps not entirely obvious and could have benefited from better writing. It’s the exact type of scene I would expect to be conveyed far better in written form.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They had titles. Sam Tarly is the Lord of Horn hill and Bran is Lord of Winterfell and Brienne is Lady of Tarth. Presumably that's why they were sitting there.
bran refused lord of winterfell when he was wheeled into winterfell by sansa and everyone recognizes her as lady of winterfell anyway, and he just sat behind her all creepy like in those meetings.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started off liking Sam, but the last season definitely turned him into an irredeemable character for me. Dolorous Edd should have killed him after being reanimated by the Night King.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam took the black, Brienne's dad is lord of Tarth, Bran is not Lord of Winterfell. i mean if you want to use GoT logics, then sure, make up whatever rules as you go along. but none of those people would have a vote along with Davos.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

The problem with the scene is that Horn Hill and Tarth are both Highgarden bannermen and would not have a vote unless there were a fucking hundred household heads there. It should be 7 - Bran, Arryn shit, Edmure, Tyrion, unnamed Martell, Baratheon bastard, and fucking BRONN. All their bannermen would either vote the same way or be punished. This is what made that scene so cringy; it is just time deaf to everything in the past seasons.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users