GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The bay doesn't need to freeze to make it passable by the army of the dead. Halas had the solution to this ages ago...

1620401761231.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in the books, didnt the boats at Hardhome get stuck and possibly taken over by the white walkers?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

The bay freezing over should have been hinted at too. As it is, the show makes it look like the Night King's plan involved a macguffin he couldn't have possibly known existed.
well iirc even in the tv show, didn't ice start to form at Eastwatch by the sea in the intro, or something? I think that was a running theory at one point.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
well iirc even in the tv show, didn't ice start to form at Eastwatch by the sea in the intro, or something? I think that was a running theory at one point.
Sure, but it was never established as a credible threat. The wall is built up as the thing that keeps wildlings out. The wildlings go to great lengths to scale it in unmanned areas. If the wildlings could go around it simply by boat or frozen water, I think that needs to be explicitly mentioned.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sure, but it was never established as a credible threat. The wall is built up as the thing that keeps wildlings out. The wildlings go to great lengths to scale it in unmanned areas. If the wildlings could go around it simply by boat or frozen water, I think that needs to be explicitly mentioned.
wildlings had their own way of bypassing the wall. at least Mance and Osha knew how to get through.

Caliane

well I mean.. why DON'T they? are wildlings retarded? not have boat technology? does hardhome, etc patrol the waters and stop any wildling boats?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
well I mean.. why DON'T they? are wildlings retarded? not have boat technology? does hardhome, etc patrol the waters and stop any wildling boats?
Ok, fair enough, wildlings was a bad comparison.

The reader knows the wall was put up by the children to contain the night king. If the undead can simply go around every 10 years, that undermines a lot of the world building and stakes. What's the night king been doing all this time? Why wait until now if he's had countless opportunities to circumvent the wall? Why would the children put so much effort into a defense mechanism that's easily negated?

Caliane

well its not easily done is it? the events of the story are a once in a millennia event, thats never explained. why IS magic coming back and so strong again? whatever is causing it, could also be giving him enough power to circumvent the wall.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if it's easily done or not. That's my point. The unexplored but maybe logical alternatives vs the lucked-into dragon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one of the big problems with the The Night's Watch is they have been understaffed for long periods of time. many of those posts have been left abandoned because there is simply nobody to man them and because of that large sections of the wall have fallen into disrepair and become unprotected. the show used that flaw to its advantage in the earlier seasons, but they "sort of forgot" about it later on because it looked cooler to have an ice dragon WTFpwn the entire wall. with an icy blast.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
one of the big problems with the The Night's Watch is they have been understaffed for long periods of time. many of those posts have been left abandoned because there is simply nobody to man them and because of that large sections of the wall have fallen into disrepair and become unprotected. the show used that flaw to its advantage in the earlier seasons, but they "sort of forgot" about it later on because it looked cooler to have an ice dragon WTFpwn the entire wall. with an icy blast.

Sound familiar? That anchor baby bullshit ain't so silly now, is it?

Wildling/Undead love affair, she escapes south with the baby Elián, and the new Biden, sorry Bran, administration says we have to let in all undead now to give them a better life. Roll credits.

It's going to be a steamy pile of poop. I hope it isn't but it is.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wasnt the wall filled with magic or enchanted to prevent walkers from going south of it? Thats why they needed the dragon.

But then how did they bring that walker all the way to kings landing?

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Wasnt the wall filled with magic or enchanted to prevent walkers from going south of it? Thats why they needed the dragon.

673.gif

This was always bad but we let it pass because reasons.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i thought the wall was filled with magic to keep it from melting in the summer. the Horn of Winter (Joramun) was said to bring down the wall, i dont know if there is WW magic to keep the walkers from passing. if that was the case, they wouldnt have needed to build it a million feet high. they could just put up a picket fence and say magic shit over it and Bob's your uncle. they built it super tall because it had to keep the walkers out. and later it worked on the giants and freefolk.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
i thought the wall was filled with magic to keep it from melting in the summer. the Horn of Winter (Joramun) was said to bring down the wall, i dont know if there is WW magic to keep the walkers from passing. if that was the case, they wouldnt have needed to build it a million feet high. they could just put up a picket fence and say magic shit over it and Bob's your uncle. they built it super tall because it had to keep the walkers out. and later it worked on the giants and freefolk.

Screenshot_2021-05-07 Everything to Know About the Wall on Game of Thrones.png