GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ackshually...

The final Season of GoT has these writing credits:

Writing Credits
George R.R. Martin ... (based on "A Song of Ice and Fire" by)

David Benioff ... (created by) &
D.B. Weiss ... (created by)

David Benioff ... (written for television by) &
D.B. Weiss ... (written for television by)

Gursimran Sandhu ... (staff writer) &
Ethan J. Antonucci ... (staff writer)

House of Dragon:
Series Writing Credits
Ryan J. Condal ... (creator) (10 episodes, 2022)
Charmaine De Grate ... (10 episodes, 2022)
George R.R. Martin ... (creator) (10 episodes, 2022)
Miguel Sapochnik ... (showrunner) (10 episodes, 2022)

If you think that D&D weren't cocksure of themselves to be the ones to write the final seasons, and instead relied on some "staff writer" or some other non-credited HBO writers... then I suppose what you're saying is they aren't at fault? I can't even...
i said they didnt write the show alone and there are 4 writers. not just D&D. so i'm not sure what you're ackshualling about.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
i said they didnt write the show alone and there are 4 writers. not just D&D. so i'm not sure what you're ackshualling about.

You said the same people are writing the new series.
Only name I see the same is GRRM

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Let me show how simple ending this TV show could have been.
S6 - Winter begins. Night King and friends spend the season ass-raping all of the kingdom of the north.
S7 - Night King and friends spend the season ass-raping the rest of Westeros and end the season with King's Landing in sight.
S8 - 6 Episodes of the epic fight for King's Landing and humanity. The season premier begins with the Iron bank sending the faceless guy to assassinate Cersei and then Jaime opening the gates to King's Landing to John's army of survivors.

Dany and friends spend Seasons 6 & 7 sailing to Westeros and sail into Blackwater Bay (with the Iron-borne whom she met about 10 minutes outside of Blackwater bay) in the after-credits of the finale of S7.

In seasons 6 and 7 the vast majority of the plot lines are resolved by the involved characters being killed fighting the army of the dead. The finale of the show is John, Ghost, Arya, Nymeria and the Hound squaring off against the Night King and the Zombie-Mountain (whom the Night King took control of) in the throne room for the fate of mankind.

Done. Give me my Emmy. My version would have made the viewers fans for life. Who gets the throne? Who gives a fuck. I would leave it undecided and it could spawn a spin-off sequel in the future.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
A season being a six episode epic fight over a city? God no.

I'd rather the ending be Sandor waking up in kings landing after everything happened and asking some guy what the hell happened and getting into a drunk bar fight with some other char when the guy says dany torched everything, and all the battles happened off scene. They then awkwardly struggle for 5 minutes while calling each others names and one slips and dies in the middle of it. The end.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A season being a six second epic fight over a city? God no.

I'd rather the ending be Sandor waking up in kings landing after everything happened and asking some guy what the hell happened and getting into a drunk bar fight with some other char when the guy says dany torched everything, and all the battles happened off scene. They then awkwardly struggle for 5 minutes while calling each others names and one slips and dies in the middle of it. The end.
gay GIF

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
yes, the same people, douchey millenials with no clue of what history is about. they think history is racist, i'm sure.

Oh ok, I can agree with that.
I mean... technically history is racist.
But there is a fear to display it anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dany and friends spend Seasons 6 & 7 sailing to Westeros and sail into Blackwater Bay (with the Iron-borne whom she met about 10 minutes outside of Blackwater bay) in the after-credits of the finale of S7.
Two seasons of sailing? You just made this series even worse, friend.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this new season will just be one of Bran’s dreams.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
People say stupid shit like that all the time. WORST MOVIE EVER. Apparently somehow movies like Catwoman or Highlander 2 no longer exist.
Why can't they all be considered bad?
In terms of audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, Batman & Robin is the worst of the 3 btw (16%) :D
For critic score it is Highlander 2 (0%)

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting some very strong Fan-Film vibes here...
Please don't suck, please don't suck, please.....

Rewatching GOT 2 times after the series ended and the first rewatch I didn't even start Season 8, I'm now at season 7 in second rewatch and fighting myself to go through with it haha.

I loved GOT, and got started wayyy to late. Started watching during season 5. I am hoping this series is just as good in the content and writing as the first 5 seasons and doesn't disappoint. Series like GOT, BB, Sapranos and the god damn walking dead were license to print money. Lets hope HBO goes the way of BB and not TWD with its story and budget.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Why can't they all be considered bad?
In terms of audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, Batman & Robin is the worst of the 3 btw (16%) :D
For critic score it is Highlander 2 (0%)
Although I think the 2 movies I listed are worse, Batman and Robin is a terrible movie. My response was meant more in response to the claim that GoT makes Batman & Robin seem like Shakespeare.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is how easy it is to fix Season 8 with some edits and a better finale:

Ep 1: Basically the same as what we got. Trim some fat and move the Dany/Sansa pissing contest to this episode.

Ep 2: Delete 90% of this useless episode. Do the Sam/Jorah/Jon stuff, then jump straight into the battle for Winterfel, similar to what we got, but Jon and Arya only severely wound the Night King, who retreats on a wounded frost Viserion.

Ep 3: Winter lessens but still is bitter. Starts off with Jon wanting to pursue north, but Dany tries to convince him to turn south, to help her fight for 'her' throne and defeat Cersei. The decision is made for Jon when Dany's fleet is attacked and destroyed by Cersei/Euron's forces, capturing Missandei. Jon and Dany's army marches south, with no fleet and severely depleted/wounded forces. Now we have the rest of this episode while they march south where we can show Dany starting to grow desperate and crazy, without her closest advisors like Jorah and Missandei to council and humanize her.

Ep 4: Dany alienates Tyrion and tries to manipulate/pussywhip Jon, increasingly desperate as her window to take the throne closes. They arrive at KL, forces exhausted and morale low, and begin the siege hastily. Dany uses Rhaegal against the walls as a show of force, it goes poorly and Rhaegal dies to the ballista at this point instead of in the prior naval battle. Dany goes crazy when Rhaegal dies, and fearing defeat, hops on Drogon, sacks KL, yada yada like what we got. Jaime helps Cersei escape the crumbling Red Keep. Episode ends with Dany seizing the throne.

Ep 5: A very paranoid and fascist Dany uses the Dothraki and the Unsullied to tear apart what's left of KL looking for Cersei, going even crazier, murdering anyone suspected of being a Cersei loyalist in the street. Arya is briefly tempted to help her, as she wants vengeance against Cersei as well, but decides against it, leaving to head north. Greyworm catches the small council plotting, with Tyrion, Varys, Davos, etc begging Jon to take the throne from Dany and imprison her until she comes to her senses. Jon and Bran are only interested in going into the Land of Always Winter to pursue the Night King, fearing he will return to take Winterfel where Sansa has remained and eventually march south for Bran. Jon is brought before Dany by the Unsullied, where we get the same speech from Dany we got originally, with Jon killing Dany, and Drogon melting the throne. End episode.

Ep 6: Now we have room for a final, movie-length episode to give the series a proper fantasy ending. Jon and the remaining living heroes venture into the Land of Always Winter, fight the Night King and Viserion in some kind of ice fortress. Final mysteries regarding various long-running theories about the Night King are revealed. Bran remains in the Land of Always Winter to keep Winter at bay for as long as he lives. In the epilogue, Jon returns to the wall with Drogon, and various characters (Sam, Jaime, Podrick, Bronn) take the black to rebuild the wall and train a new Night's Watch. Jaime reveals that Cersei was pregnant. A century of endless Summer has begun and Sansa is Queen of the Seven Kingdoms with her capital in Winterfel. Arya is her Master of Whisperers, and we see her instructing a shadowed figure (who looks like Jaqen) to find Cersei and her child, fearing the child will someday return for the throne like Dany did. Brienne leads the Queensguard, swearing in The Hound as a member after he rejected taking the black. Varys and Tyrion are in the final scene, tasked with rebuilding King's Landing, and arguing whether to rename it Queen's Folly or Dragon's Fall.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users